The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2015, 01:57 PM   #1
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

R mika butt slap removed from street fighter V

The developers have chosen to removes R mika's famous butt slap from the 'Street Fighter V' video game, how do you feel about this?

http://www.gamezone.com/news/street-...emoved-3430677
Old 12-10-2015, 01:58 PM   #2
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Is this really considered an issue with some people?

Old 12-10-2015, 02:06 PM   #3
PangolinFeets
Mad Scientist

Its a fighting game.
Old 12-10-2015, 03:28 PM   #4
turtle1237
Stone Warrior

A shame it had to go I suppose. But really in the world of Street Fighter, there is only one butt that means anything and that is Cammy's. Mika loses a butt slap, no big deal, but put pants on Cammy, and stuff flies up the wall.
Old 12-10-2015, 04:00 PM   #5
Ninjinister
無問題

We already have two SFV topics, mate.
Old 12-10-2015, 04:26 PM   #6
snake
Disgusting

This isn't too big of a deal honestly. She's still hot.
Old 12-10-2015, 06:33 PM   #7
Peanut
Second Gear

Who gives a sh*t?
Old 12-10-2015, 06:34 PM   #8
Powder
So tired of this place

I hate seeing companies bend to the will of loud mouth bloggers who don't even play the games they protest. I wouldn't care about the issue much if at all if not for that sort of pressure being a driving force behind this decision. I'm not too invested either way as I'm not a big Street Fighter fan, but it's slightly irksome to me.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Old 12-11-2015, 12:40 AM   #9
CyberCubed
Overlord

And yet you basically still see all of Cammy's ass as usual. Why do feminists care about fighting games anyway?

All female characters in just about any fighting game out there are sexualized. Even Smash does it with Zero Suit Samus. Its to be expected.
Old 12-11-2015, 03:36 AM   #10
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I hate seeing companies bend to the will of loud mouth bloggers who don't even play the games they protest. I wouldn't care about the issue much if at all if not for that sort of pressure being a driving force behind this decision. I'm not too invested either way as I'm not a big Street Fighter fan, but it's slightly irksome to me.
Pretty much this. As a Street Fighter fan, I don't have an issue with them removing something that doesn't affect the gameplay at all, it's just that I feel they're pandering to SJW morons. Yes, I know they say there was no outside pressure for them to do this, which makes me wonder more why Mika's buttslap would make anyone "uncomfortable". Who else, other than overtly-PC people and SJWs could possibly feel "uncomfortable" with that?
Old 12-11-2015, 04:03 AM   #11
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

I don't really see what the problem was with a taunting butt slap from what's essentially a fetish dressed wrestler, it kinda fits her. If anything, one would have thought the costume itself would have gotten an overhaul if anything was to be changed for "sensitivity issues".

But, it's their game so I guess they can do whatever. I guess that means we won't get Poison eventually.
Old 12-11-2015, 04:52 AM   #12
turtle1237
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
And yet you basically still see all of Cammy's ass as usual. Why do feminists care about fighting games anyway?

All female characters in just about any fighting game out there are sexualized. Even Smash does it with Zero Suit Samus. Its to be expected.
yeah really makes no since, since Cammy's win pose in winng a round is still showing off her new and impove non flat butt lol. Yeah SFIV her rear was pretty flat. I think this is perhaps the best looking Cammy I seen, will I wish she had her leg strips, but Cammy has it all pretty much look wise in V.

Mika, since Alpha3 her thing was ways butt moves, from the flying peach, to her rubbing her butt. So it was strange they would remove it.
Old 12-11-2015, 05:44 AM   #13
chrisdude
Foot Elite

I don't really like to see anything censored, but I'm no R. Mika fan. I'm happy to see correct the sins of SFIV, and keep bringing back characters that aren't SFII staples.

Cammy's always been one of my favorites, but I'm not a fan of her new form. Doesn't look bad, just not like her. When you think about it, wouldn't the feminist thing be to embrace body diversity? Unlike, say, Mortal Kombat, the women of SF have always had very different forms. Why crank up the "TnA" on Cammy?
Old 12-11-2015, 06:18 AM   #14
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

I can't imagine why anyone would care. It has no impact on the gameplay whatsoever and they've repeatedly stated it was an internal decision they weren't pressured into. But I guess if some folks have an axe to grind they're gonna grind it no matter what the facts are.

The way I see it, content like this has been removed/altered by game companies as long as video games have existed, and long before the Internet, social networks, or "gamer culture" were even a thing. It's business as usual.
Old 12-11-2015, 06:39 AM   #15
turtle1237
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdude View Post
I don't really like to see anything censored, but I'm no R. Mika fan. I'm happy to see correct the sins of SFIV, and keep bringing back characters that aren't SFII staples.

Cammy's always been one of my favorites, but I'm not a fan of her new form. Doesn't look bad, just not like her. When you think about it, wouldn't the feminist thing be to embrace body diversity? Unlike, say, Mortal Kombat, the women of SF have always had very different forms. Why crank up the "TnA" on Cammy?
I think SFIV mostly tone it done with the flat butt they gave her, In SFII, Alpha series, cannon strike, and even Street Wise with that Beer Ad, it was pretty rounded, than SFIV came out, and she had this flat butt, which was not really Cammy imo.

If you notice, the SFV Cammy is base on the Cannon Strike game Cammy right down to the empty gun holder. I really do like the new Cammy lol.
Old 12-11-2015, 07:06 AM   #16
Peanut
Second Gear

Oh, wow. There's some gamergate-level sh*t going down in here now.
Old 12-11-2015, 09:12 AM   #17
chrisdude
Foot Elite

I feel like I'm in a field of eggshells, right now.
Old 12-11-2015, 10:30 AM   #18
CyberCubed
Overlord

Fighting games have always been aimed at teenagers, ones mainly looking for violence and sex appeal. That's the whole reason Mortal Kombat exploded in popularity in the 90's, and why the Dead or Alive franchise gets volleyball spinoff's.

Soul Calibur does the same thing with Taki's skin tight outfit and Ivy's breasts are so large now you wonder how she can hold herself up.
Old 12-11-2015, 03:47 PM   #19
Allio
Foot Elite

Old 12-11-2015, 03:52 PM   #20
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Id blame this one on the Feminists and SJW's like that anita sarkeesian girl