The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 05-26-2017, 11:20 AM   #1
Yabuturtle
Stone Warrior

Should the Firestar return?

I feel like it's kind of odd that the most powerful artifact just kind of disappears. If you think of it, they really could have used it more. Maybe it could return in the 2012 series. As far as I know only one exists and Krang said it was around during the creation of the universe, even though we know there are multiple universes so he might have meant the multiverse or omniverse

But I was always confused about this artifact? What was it's main purpose? The Glaxxons from the ep. Cyber Turtles took it from someone and returning home with it, and Krang wanted it. It had the power of a thousand suns, but the Glaxxons seemed to have been defeated despite possessing a powerful artifact. Krang used it to destroy the barrier between the TMNT universe and Dimension X.

I actually thought it would have a direct use and it would give the person god-like cosmic abilities, like the Infinity Gauntlet. I actually thought Krang was going to put it in his android body and give himself god-like power. So I wonder, if Superman is powered by the sun, does that mean one would have the power of a thousand Supermen? xD I feel that with something that has the power of a thousand suns, you would think he would use it for more than just shattering a barrier xD I wonder, as that is the only time we see it being used. We never see someone do anything cosmic with it.

Or he could have used it to power the Technodrome. That would have more than enough power, but he only seemed to use it to destroy the barrier. Maybe it could return. We never saw it destroyed. The Glaxxons were going to and there was a chance other races could have stolen it. The thing took a million suns to destroy it. Quite a bit to destroy a crystal. Even the One Ring of power only needed that one volcano in LOTR xD

Maybe it could return and have multiple uses. I would like to see a cosmic, god-like Krang

Last edited by Yabuturtle; 05-26-2017 at 11:32 AM.
Yabuturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 11:57 AM   #2
neatoman
Emperor

My immediate rection was confusion as to why there was a thread about an OC from a Spider-Man cartoon here.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 02:36 PM   #3
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Id want both the fire star and the Glaxons to appear in the future.

They're one of the more underrated aspects of the original series that are not noticed as much due to them being in the Red Sky seasons. Same with Krakus, Gargon, Bezerko, Titanus, Carter, Landor and Merrick, Dregg and so on who I think were all good characters and could be good ideas to use in the future.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 03:46 PM   #4
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Star of Brazil

How about the Star of Brazil Impervium stone from Four Musketurtles? It wasn't even returned to the jewellery shop, just fell into the sewers.

I guess none of them were supposed to return.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 07:21 PM   #5
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I was a bit bummed out with the Glaxons not appearing again in the original series despite Splinter telling the turtles they would surely hear from them again at the end of Cyber Turtles if other factions got control of the Firestar.

But on the good side, it creates a sense of mystery and wonder. Did the Glaxons really change sides or are they still beings of evil? Will they destroy the Firestar using the power of a million suns? Did the Glaxons survive? Perhaps we will never know.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 08:39 PM   #6
Yabuturtle
Stone Warrior

I did find it odd that both Krang and the Glaxxons possessed the Firestar, yet neither of them became invincible. It never had a defined use other than it would make someone powerful. Was it just a power source to power other things, or something that gave someone cosmic abilities. That would be interesting to see the Firestar in the hands of Krang, Chrell, Lord Dregg or any of the other main tmnt villains. The show had some cool powerful artifacts like the Impervium Gem, the Vortex Crystal and so forth. I actually was hoping the Firestar would appear where the Glaxxon were invaded by Lord Dregg and he becomes a god with the power of the Firestar. That would have made a good final episode or if Shredder and Krang returned and possessed the Firestar again where they use it to power the Technodrome or if Krang just uses it himself to power his android body and turns into a giant.

That would be interesting if the turtles had to fight a giant sized Krang who was on par with someone like Galactus xD

Last edited by Yabuturtle; 05-26-2017 at 08:49 PM.
Old 05-26-2017, 10:41 PM   #7
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
My immediate rection was confusion as to why there was a thread about an OC from a Spider-Man cartoon here.

Not gonna lie; I thought the same thing lol! Actually she is a mutant from tbe X-Men comics in the 70's. Introduced as one of the early additions to the mutant population and "second" team. She's canon to the 616 MU.

As for the Firestar itself, the "power of a million suns" bit is more along tbe libes of Sentry feom Marvel than Superman. He possesses the same power.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 11:11 PM   #8
Yabuturtle
Stone Warrior

That's true. Only way he could match that is if he somehow amplified the Firestar by a hundred. He'd still be worlds above the Turtles. Maybe after obtaining it, the Turtles actually have to defeat Krang but sending him to the core of the galaxy and being burned by a million suns.
Old 05-26-2017, 11:58 PM   #9
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

No - I think The Firestar should be / remain obliterated.
Quote:
My immediate reaction was confusion as to why there was a thread about an OC from a Spider-Man cartoon here.
I'm not going to lie - I did find that funny.

~ John Adams
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 01:49 AM   #10
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yabuturtle View Post
core of the galaxy and being burned by a million suns.
Isn't one star enough? Also at the centre of the Milky Way Galaxy, it's believed to be a supermassive black hole.
Old 05-27-2017, 02:22 AM   #11
Yabuturtle
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Isn't one star enough? Also at the centre of the Milky Way Galaxy, it's believed to be a supermassive black hole.
No, they explicitly say that the Firestar cannot be destroyed so easily and it has to be taken to the core of the galaxy where it can be destroyed by the heat of a million suns.
Old 05-27-2017, 02:27 AM   #12
Overlord

Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yabuturtle View Post
No, they explicitly say that the Firestar cannot be destroyed so easily and it has to be taken to the core of the galaxy where it can be destroyed by the heat of a million suns.
The distances between stars are wide so I don't get how it can be destroyed easier there.
Old 05-27-2017, 02:48 AM   #13
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Not gonna lie; I thought the same thing lol! Actually she is a mutant from tbe X-Men comics in the 70's. Introduced as one of the early additions to the mutant population and "second" team. She's canon to the 616 MU.
According to Wikipedia she isn't from the 70's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
... Debuting in 1981 on the NBC animated television series, Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends...

Firestar was originally created for the NBC animated series Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends,[2] with Kathy Garver providing her voice.

The creators had originally wanted to use the Human Torch, but the rights to the character were tied up.[citation needed] The character's pre-production names included Heatwave, Starblaze, and Firefly. Dennis Marks, one of the original writers of Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends, stated in a 2002 interview that he had come up with the name of Firestar's alias, Angelica Jones, taken from one of his old girlfriends.[3]...

First appearance Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends
"The Triumph of the Green Goblin (September 12, 1981)"
First comic appearance Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends #1 (December 1981)
In-continuity:
Uncanny X-Men #193 (May 1985)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firestar
Unless this is a Jessica Jones situation where they retconned her as some previously unnamed character or a background character, the evidence is pretty clear.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 03:22 AM   #14
Overlord

It was just a plot device from an era when the interest for TMNT began to fade, and Nickelodeon seems to mostly want nostalgia from the peak-years.
Old 05-27-2017, 12:08 PM   #15
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
According to Wikipedia she isn't from the 70's.

Unless this is a Jessica Jones situation where they retconned her as some previously unnamed character or a background character, the evidence is pretty clear.
Interesting. I know she was in the comics as far back as the early 80's, so it's possible hers was Harley Quinn type of situation where she got added into the comics early on due to her popularity in the cartoon. But I do remember her being in X-Men comics from around the same era. Part of the "B team" with some other mutants like Dazzler and Banshee if memory serves.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 12:18 PM   #16
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
I was a bit bummed out with the Glaxons not appearing again in the original series despite Splinter telling the turtles they would surely hear from them again at the end of Cyber Turtles if other factions got control of the Firestar.
Didn't he say that about a lot about both their friends and antagonists, open the way for them appearing again? Some of them re-appeared in later episodes, other not.