The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 03-04-2015, 06:49 PM   #761
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

You said it, Indigo. Whenever a package I order shows up in the mail, I feel just like a kid again. Especially if it's some action figure or vehicle.
Old 03-04-2015, 07:09 PM   #762
senpai
Stone Warrior

This video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39oGCTAJ9Vw

I'm having one of those 'blah' days so watching animal videos tends to cheer me up.
senpai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 07:23 PM   #763
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Making a lot of progress on my story made me happy today.
GoldMutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 08:36 PM   #764
pennydreadful
trash

Quote:
Originally Posted by senpai View Post
I'm having one of those 'blah' days so watching animal videos tends to cheer me up.
I'm the same - my go-to is watching the videos from the International Wolf Centre on Youtube. Watching those big fluffy sillies always makes me feel better/more relaxed on an off day.

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 10:06 PM   #765
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
What makes me happy right now- the fact that my other half came home from the hospital yesterday evening, and we FINALLY got to spend the night in our own bed together. He's doing much better, and even though he'll be getting dialysis treatments three days a week from now on, it's a relief to know what was wrong, and how to deal with it. Also, the cat is no longer whining and climbing up onto me constantly like she was before he came home. She hasn't gone more than five feet from him since he got home, though, LOL!!

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 03:45 PM   #766
pennydreadful
trash

Glad to hear he's doing better, Marvel.

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 03:52 PM   #767
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Glad to hear your hubby is okay. That had to be scary.

What made me happy: Watching Big Hero 6 with my mom today. I love watching stuff with her. She even guessed who the villain was right off the bat.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 04:09 PM   #768
Mew
Banned

We might get a dog!!!!!!!
Mew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 04:45 PM   #769
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

That's awesome, Marvel. Hope things continue to improve for you guys. Poor kitty, sounds like she knew something was up and missed him.

Cats are so funny like that. Around all the time and a lot of the time they don't act like they give a crap. Be away from the house for too long and they're sooo glad you're back... guess they really do care. lol
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 07:48 PM   #770
lindz247
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MewMeow View Post
We might get a dog!!!!!!!
You know cats and dogs don't get along!

Michelangelo ~ He's one of a kind
lindz247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 07:55 PM   #771
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindz247 View Post
You know cats and dogs don't get along!
OMG i totally Lol'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindturtle02 View Post
You said it, Indigo. Whenever a package I order shows up in the mail, I feel just like a kid again. Especially if it's some action figure or vehicle.
ditto

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 12:11 AM   #772
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
That's awesome, Marvel. Hope things continue to improve for you guys. Poor kitty, sounds like she knew something was up and missed him.

Cats are so funny like that. Around all the time and a lot of the time they don't act like they give a crap. Be away from the house for too long and they're sooo glad you're back... guess they really do care. lol

Yeah, she really has been happy to have "daddy" back. Won't let him out of her sight, which is kind of funny. She definitely knew something was wrong, but she has been taking care of him ever since she showed up over a year ago now, whenever his blood sugar was low, or if one of us was sick or hurting. The amount of walking I do and being on my feet so much of the time sometimes leaves my legs, hips, or feet hurt a lot, and she always knows. We jokingly call her his "guardian angel", both because she was found on Christmas, (like Klunk!) and because she watches over him when I'm not home. Hence her name "Angel". And she's so sweet that she really fits it. She's our happy-maker!

Old 03-06-2015, 02:26 PM   #773
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

What an awesome cat! We've taken in two strays over the years, they can be some of the best cats, huh? Found them both to be a lot more appreciative, respectful and obedient than others we have/had who've never experienced being homeless.

What makes me happy today...

*Having no reason to leave the house today after a number of inches of snow yesterday.

*Looked out and the snow on the roof of my Jeep soft top is surprisingly minimal this time, so thankfully I don't have to go trudging out there to clear it off to get rid of the weight. (The front of it is a different story, but that should start melting this weekend.)

*Being lazy about doing up the trash yesterday because there is no pickup today.

*Nice little bonus from a paid research survey task thingy I did because someone else who was assigned to make that decision is awesome like that.
Old 03-06-2015, 02:45 PM   #774
Mew
Banned

Seeing that the Incredible Hulk show from 1978 is on Netflix!
:3
Mew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 04:04 PM   #775
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Updating one of my fan fics today. I love it when I get ideas and can put them down.

Old 03-06-2015, 10:54 PM   #776
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
What an awesome cat! We've taken in two strays over the years, they can be some of the best cats, huh? Found them both to be a lot more appreciative, respectful and obedient than others we have/had who've never experienced being homeless.

Pretty much ALL of my cats have been rescued "strays" except one. My first one (we had one before, but she was my mom's, not mine) of my own came from a pet shop- gift from my step-dad- but all the others have been either semi-feral barn cats caught and tamed as kittens, members of litters from acquaintances that needed homes, or have simply wound up on our doorstep and "adopted" us. One (the best pet I've ever had, bar none) was a two week old baby found by my cousin in the ditch by the side of the dirt road my grandmother lives on, and later taken in by me and my hubby when no one could find him a home. He was bottle-fed, and he's the one I refer to occasionally as the "feline Einstein" for his intelligence, as well as being the one who had the "catnip OD incident". We've rescued and found homes for many kitties over the years. Of course, a few have decided WE were their humans, and how could we ever say no?! LOL!

Old 03-06-2015, 11:58 PM   #777
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Of course, a few have decided WE were their humans, and how could we ever say no?! LOL!
Both of the two I mentioned chose us as well. The second one even while we already had a dog and another cat (the one we just lost) who wasn't fond of other cats. She was a bit afraid of the dog at first through the front door, but sitting out on the front step with me, before she was adopted, she decided to just put her back to him and not let him bother her. They ended up good friends. She also was respectful to the cat we already had. Never exactly close, but they were mutually tolerant and could peacefully be near each other.

Now the first we ever took in... We love/have loved all the cats we've had, but he'll forever be the most awesome cat in the history of ever as far as we're concerned. Even non-cat people loved him. Likewise an oddly bright one, you just never know where you'll find a furry diamond in the rough.
Old 03-07-2015, 12:24 AM   #778
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Yup, our "Mischief" was one who could make cat-people out of non-cat people, too. BTW, he named himself. I was at work one day and the (then future) hubby called to say he had found the kitty's name- and that he'd told it to him himself. (I suspect he was a "Jellicle"....) He had been playing a video game (my other half, not the cat) when he heard the six-week old kitty rustling around nearby. He turned to see what he was up to- even at that age, the little rascal was a trouble-maker- and asked "What mischief are you getting into?" The cat answered him with a meow- which apparently was confirmation that yes, he WAS getting into mischief! And he answered to that name immediately from that day on. My guess? Hubby stumbled onto his "Jellicle" name by accident!

He also had an odd hobby for a cat: breaking glasses. He would scoot glass tumblers, coffee mugs, or wine glasses a little at a time to the edge of a table or counter- then swipe at it hard and knock it off, just to hear it crash. Even if caught in the act BEFORE he could break one, he's just look at us and make the feline equivalent of a grin, then do it anyway! He would knock plastic cups off, too, but preferred the breakable ones. Didn't matter if they were empty or not, either. He was a smart-@$$ little devil, that one.

Old 03-07-2015, 07:50 AM   #779
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Thinking of another story to write. I love when that happens.

Old 03-07-2015, 04:32 PM   #780
Icebot
Foot Elite

Daylight Savings Time is coming! I'm happy with longer days!
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote