Notices

Old 03-08-2016, 07:36 PM   #421
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
You guys just convinced me what the next mini-series should be:

TMNT: Dinner Party

(Everyone knows dinner parties are full of drama! Probably a fight or two as well)
Just make it a double helping, I mean double sized one shot. Scratch and sniff BBQ flavor. Would you like fries with that?
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 07:55 PM   #422
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

If the jury would please examine this subject of evidence, I present proof that Hob eats meat as a mutated cat would.

If you would look in the attatchment below, you would see that he had been eating some kind of meat, perhaps meatloaf, with a side of what appears to be green peas. Which cats actually can eat and digest and be just fine, perhaps even benefit slightly. But not exclusively live off it. Because when cats eat prey that they have hunted, they will end up eating some of the plant material that remained in their stomach. It could be argued that he was also drinking a soda, but there could be anything in there. Like (un?)sweet tea.

It can be concluded that Hob does in fact eat meat.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2016-03-08 at 8.46.57 PM.jpg (17.7 KB, 27 views)
Old 03-08-2016, 11:43 PM   #423
Zage
Hench Mutant

Who are your top 5 Archie series TMNT characters, that you'd love to bring into the IDW series?

Dreadmon
Ninjara
Jagwar
Roadkill Rodney
Lt. Granitor
generic Stone Warrior/ Rock Soldier {preferably a 2-pack, one orangy brown, the other bluish grey}
Kid Terra
Bookwurm /w/ Innardo
Tora
Shogun

Do you ever wonder, if Baxter, as the fly, ever had the urge to eat poop?
Zage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 08:51 AM   #424
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Cudley, Wingnut, Screwloose, Maligna, Ace Duck
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 09:41 AM   #425
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
Just make it a double helping, I mean double sized one shot. Scratch and sniff BBQ flavor. Would you like fries with that?
Ah c'mon, it'd have to be some kind of pizza smell! This is TMNT we're talking about after all
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 08:44 PM   #426
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
Ah c'mon, it'd have to be some kind of pizza smell! This is TMNT we're talking about after all
BBQ Pizza?
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 08:49 PM   #427
Zage
Hench Mutant

Are you guys actually allowed to use Venus? I'm just asking, cause I Know that Peter Laird doesn't like her, but Kevin Eastman is the one working with you guys, & I think he's ok with her.

Dreadmon
Ninjara
Jagwar
Roadkill Rodney
Lt. Granitor
generic Stone Warrior/ Rock Soldier {preferably a 2-pack, one orangy brown, the other bluish grey}
Kid Terra
Bookwurm /w/ Innardo
Tora
Shogun

Old 03-09-2016, 09:14 PM   #428
Powder
So tired of this place

Viacom owns Venus, so yes. (Plus I believe that question's been answered in recent pages)

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 09:59 PM   #429
Zage
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Viacom owns Venus, so yes. (Plus I believe that question's been answered in recent pages)
Oh ok, thanks.

Dreadmon
Ninjara
Jagwar
Roadkill Rodney
Lt. Granitor
Kid Terra
Bookwurm /w/ Innardo
Tora
Shogun

Old 03-09-2016, 10:26 PM   #430
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Cudley, Wingnut, Screwloose, Maligna, Ace Duck
Aw man, music to my ears! You could've named another one, though, seeing as how Wingnut and Screwloose are kind of a package deal like B&R and really should only count as one character.

(Not that I'm rooting for a badass IDW reinvention of Trap or anything... *whistles inconspicuously*)
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 04:11 PM   #431
Mewzard
Hench Mutant

Hey Bobby, while I know reprints of older things aren't your thing fully, I have to ask:

While Volume 3 of Mirage (Image's run) is on hold for the time being, has there been any consideration to print Volume 4 of Mirage's run?

More Turtles comics I can add to my shelf is always good in my view.
Mewzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 05:13 PM   #432
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

I don't know, haven't heard Vol. 4 talked about recently. But I haven't heard anything talked about recently.

I always encourage folks to write in to "Letters@idwpublishing.com". Let them know you want to see this stuff.
Old 03-12-2016, 01:03 AM   #433
Wentos
Foot Soldier

Hey Bobby, I know that Cory Smith leaving the book for Nova probably had you scrambling for new talent to fill in for Santolouco, but now that it's been a few months, are you looking for/have you found a new de facto fill-in artist going forward? I much preferred the consistency of two talented guys tag-teaming the art to a revolving door of one-offs.

(Freddie Williams II pls)

- Release the Nick show on blu-ray
- Release the 4kids series in a complete series or season sets

Only then will we be satisfied.
Wentos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 09:14 AM   #434
member_removed
Hench Mutant

Quote:
I don't know, haven't heard Vol. 4 talked about recently. But I haven't heard anything talked about recently.

I always encourage folks to write in to "Letters@idwpublishing.com". Let them know you want to see this stuff.
Done and done!

No, you take the ugly one!

I'll take the ugly one!

Which one's the ugly one?
member_removed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 11:07 AM   #435
neatoman
Emperor

So Bobby what are your opinions of previous/other versions of TMNT? Mirage, Fred Wolf, the old movies, the new movies, the 2003 show, etc?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 11:27 AM   #436
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

I grew up with Fred Wolf, so have fond memories, but I haven't actually seen it since back in the day outside of youtube snippets here and there.

When I aged out of the cartoon I started reading Mirage, which I did and still love. Like most people, my mileage varies with some of the more out there guest stories. I still have some holes in Vol. 4 that I haven't read. Nonetheless, Mirage is the TMNT I find myself coming back to the most often.

I the characters and ideas in Adventures, and read a good deal of it while it was coming out in the 90's, but I tend to find my mind wandering when I read it in present day. The pacing I find kind of hard to follow.

I absolutely love the first movie-- in terms of something you can digest completely in a couple hours, it's my favorite TMNT. I can get a mild kick out of elements of the other movies, but can't imagine myself watching again anytime soon (I rewatched both towards the start of the IDW run).

I didn't watch 2k3 until about seven years ago, before we started our run. I only watched it once and there's some stuff in the last couple seasons I haven't seen, so I'm honestly not that familiar. This isn't "my" TMNT, but I appreciate a lot about it, especially the fact that it took TMNT seriously while still being a fun cartoon.

I really admire the NickToon-- I don't think it's flawless, but I think it's really remarkable how much "story" they've taken on in such a short period of time, while having some hilarious bits and good characterizations and fights. Some episodes are up there with some of my favorite TMNT of all time, like "The Gauntlet".
Old 03-12-2016, 11:33 AM   #437
CyberCubed
Overlord

So out of curiosity when characters like Jammerhead/Street Phantoms from Season 6 of the 2k3 series, and Bishop show up, that's all because of Tom Waltz? Not to mention Alex Winter from Darkwater who was only in 1 episode of the original cartoon in Season 8.

A lot of these characters are extremely obscure and nobody would know they exist unless those episodes were watched. Does Tom marathon through episodes of the cartoons?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 07:58 PM   #438
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

I'm a big fan of Bishop, so I think that was a joint interest. The other characters, I'll admit I was like "who are these guys?" when Tom brought them up.

I don't know how they got on Tom's radar.
Old 03-12-2016, 08:11 PM   #439
CyberCubed
Overlord

I am really glad to see Tom scouring the entire TMNT franchise and bringing back random characters that I honestly never expected to see again.

Also are there any plans to do some kind of, "Turtles in Space" arc, like Mirage did from #4-7, the 2k3 show adapted the same story, Archie had various space stories, or that the Nick cartoon is doing now? The Turtles visited Dimension X already but it was only to stay at the Neutrino base and fight Krang's forces, we didn't really get to see them travel through space or interact with random aliens, etc.

I feel that's one area the IDW comic never really explored yet, we don't really have the Turtles traveling through space like they do in every other incarnation. Would be nice to see eventually.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 10:22 PM   #440
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

There are plans for Turtles to go off planet for a story arc in the not-too-distant future, but I don't think it's as expansive as what you're seeing currently in the Nick TMNT.

Tags
bobby curnow, idw, idw's tmnt, questions, tom waltz