The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 12-16-2016, 02:15 PM   #1461
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

The honest answer is that I haven't put any real thought into any of those questions. Dustin and Ben wanted to have the "original" Savanti Romero in the mini-series, and what with being a time/dimensional traveler, why not?

Whether more stuff is to happen, either off panel or on, or if it's a branch-off timeline like how Don was talking about in the series... I don't know. No plans at this time to revisit any of those questions. But they are interesting!

I'm sure it'd be cooler if we had a master plan for all the time travel shenanigans, but we don't!
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 02:33 PM   #1462
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Bobby, i just wanted to say GREAT JOB on issue #65!!!
it's probably my new favorite issue, right alongside issue #5.

as much fun as the action, adventure and excitement filled issues are, it's nice to just spend some quality (bonding)time with all the characters.

one of my favorite parts of the issue was the epilogue.
getting to see all the different Turtles bedrooms was amazing!
it was an excellent look into each of their personalities!
Old 12-16-2016, 03:48 PM   #1463
CyberCubed
Overlord

Now that there's been a Christmas issue, will there be a Halloween issue next year, or sometime in the future? Mirage did the Halloween issue in Tales of the TMNT #3, and the Mikey one-shot was their Christmas issue.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 04:00 PM   #1464
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Now that there's been a Christmas issue, will there be a Halloween issue next year, or sometime in the future? Mirage did the Halloween issue in Tales of the TMNT #3, and the Mikey one-shot was their Christmas issue.
Oh yes, please! Get Sophie Campbell on board, and introduce Wingnut and Screwloose "for real" with a spooky tale! I won't even mind if it ends with a panel of Splinter outside the lair wearing a mask and preparing to trick or treat his own sons.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 04:40 PM   #1465
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Will there ever be an issue of the IDW Turtles going to another dimension and teaming up with the 80s Turtles?

I think it would be fun to see how the IDW Turtles would react to seeing there multidimensional counterparts.
Old 12-16-2016, 04:50 PM   #1466
Sophie Campbell
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Hey Bobby, thanks for an amazing #65. Heartwarming, charming, and just freaking delightful.

Question: are we ever going to see John and Mary O'Neil officially meet the Turtles and Splinter?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
Thanks! Maybe one day. Hasn't really been relevant. I imagine they probably met off-panel during the Northampton story arc. Mrs. O'Neil saw Koya and Leo tumble out the bard I seem to recall...
Mrs. O'Neil met the Turtles and Splinter on-panel at the end of Northampton, right before they left. Also her name is Beth, not Mary!
Sophie Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 04:51 PM   #1467
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
No plans at this time. But I recall people asking for a Christmas issues for years, and we eventually did it. So maybe one day!
Old 12-16-2016, 04:53 PM   #1468
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Will there ever be an issue of the IDW Turtles going to another dimension and teaming up with the 80s Turtles?

I think it would be fun to see how the IDW Turtles would react to seeing there multidimensional counterparts.
I feel like the current NickToon hit that note pretty well in their crossover episodes. I don't see much that we would get out of that creatively. Maybe if we need some sort of Deviations special or something of that ilk. Not really feeling it, personally, but that's just me.
Old 12-16-2016, 04:55 PM   #1469
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie Campbell View Post
Mrs. O'Neil met the Turtles and Splinter on-panel at the end of Northampton, right before they left. Also her name is Beth, not Mary!
Just like an artist to remember the things they drew.
Old 12-16-2016, 05:19 PM   #1470
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
I feel like the current NickToon hit that note pretty well in their crossover episodes. I don't see much that we would get out of that creatively. Maybe if we need some sort of Deviations special or something of that ilk. Not really feeling it, personally, but that's just me.
Yeah, the cartoon covered that idea pretty well. But I do hope we get to see another TMNT "What If??" story through the Deviations line later on, I really enjoyed the first one
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 06:31 PM   #1471
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
The honest answer is that I haven't put any real thought into any of those questions. Dustin and Ben wanted to have the "original" Savanti Romero in the mini-series, and what with being a time/dimensional traveler, why not?

Whether more stuff is to happen, either off panel or on, or if it's a branch-off timeline like how Don was talking about in the series... I don't know. No plans at this time to revisit any of those questions. But they are interesting!

I'm sure it'd be cooler if we had a master plan for all the time travel shenanigans, but we don't!
I figured, just checking. But yeah, him being a time-traveller means you can basically do whatever you want with him, and we just assume he ends up back in Mirage eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
Yeah, the cartoon covered that idea pretty well. But I do hope we get to see another TMNT "What If??" story through the Deviations line later on, I really enjoyed the first one
I second this! I loved Deviations. Unfortunately, TMNT was the only good one lol... but hopefully IDW gives that concept another go.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 07:04 PM   #1472
AlessandraDC
Thug

If you ever do another TMNT Deviation, it would be interesting to see what would have happened if Leo had killed Saki in Turtles in Time. What would the repercussions have been? Has IDW considered doing any more?
AlessandraDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 09:16 PM   #1473
ChosenOne
Banned

Similar to the upcoming Universe #5, will Hob ever meet Zodi? What would/will he think about a mutant who works so willingly and eagerly for Null? Do you think Zodi would go along with his recruiting pitch if he tried?

Building off of that, does Null have other mutants that we haven't seen yet working for her?

Do you personally think the current line-up of the Mutanimals, sans Slash, could beat the Turtles (just the four of them, no allies) in a fight? Or would they be trounced?
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 11:58 AM   #1474
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlessandraDC View Post
If you ever do another TMNT Deviation, it would be interesting to see what would have happened if Leo had killed Saki in Turtles in Time. What would the repercussions have been? Has IDW considered doing any more?
IDW will be doing more Deviations at some point. No plans at this time for more TMNT, but could very well happen at some time.
Old 12-17-2016, 12:00 PM   #1475
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Similar to the upcoming Universe #5, will Hob ever meet Zodi? What would/will he think about a mutant who works so willingly and eagerly for Null? Do you think Zodi would go along with his recruiting pitch if he tried?

Building off of that, does Null have other mutants that we haven't seen yet working for her?

Do you personally think the current line-up of the Mutanimals, sans Slash, could beat the Turtles (just the four of them, no allies) in a fight? Or would they be trounced?
Your first set of questions, whether we have plans or not, is a bit spoilery, so no comment there!

I think, like most "who would win in a fight" questions, depends on the situation. There's more Mutanimals, with more muscle, and if Hob had a tricky strategy, they could win. The TMNT are a better trained and cohesive force though, so they probably win most of the time, especially if they are the ones going in with a surprise attack.
Old 12-18-2016, 12:11 PM   #1476
neatoman
Emperor

I kind of don't like to ask questions regarding fan theory, but I'm a bit curious here. The theory might be a little lengthy to explain, so bear with me.

Were the Neutrinos changed to potentially link them to the Daimyo and his Son?

I noticed that the IDW Neutrinos were taller and more serious than their cartoon counterparts, not to mention the somewhat "traditional" outfits their royalty tends to wear, a rather noticable revision. Now in the 2003 show we had two characters, the Daimyo of the Battle Nexus and his son "Ultimate Ninja", with pointed ears and they came from an alternate dimension, kind of like the Neutrinos. While their species was never really given a name (though they were confused for goblins in ancient times) they couldn't really have been Neutrinos due to their size and generally lacked similarites outside the ears/alternate dimension origin, but the way I see it they could pass for Neutrinos in the IDW-verse due to the changes you guys made.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 12:24 PM   #1477
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Hey Bobby,

I'm curious to know which TMNT supporting characters you think could support a hypothetical ongoing series. The Mutanimals? Bebop and Rocksteady?

Also, are there any real-world circumstances or potential in-story events where IDW would create another mini-series now that we have TMNT Universe to run alongside the main ongoing?
Old 12-18-2016, 05:51 PM   #1478
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
I kind of don't like to ask questions regarding fan theory, but I'm a bit curious here. The theory might be a little lengthy to explain, so bear with me.

Were the Neutrinos changed to potentially link them to the Daimyo and his Son?

I noticed that the IDW Neutrinos were taller and more serious than their cartoon counterparts, not to mention the somewhat "traditional" outfits their royalty tends to wear, a rather noticable revision. Now in the 2003 show we had two characters, the Daimyo of the Battle Nexus and his son "Ultimate Ninja", with pointed ears and they came from an alternate dimension, kind of like the Neutrinos. While their species was never really given a name (though they were confused for goblins in ancient times) they couldn't really have been Neutrinos due to their size and generally lacked similarites outside the ears/alternate dimension origin, but the way I see it they could pass for Neutrinos in the IDW-verse due to the changes you guys made.
Nope, definitely not. I can't speak for Tom, but i've never given that character any thought.
Old 12-18-2016, 05:52 PM   #1479
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Hey Bobby,

I'm curious to know which TMNT supporting characters you think could support a hypothetical ongoing series. The Mutanimals? Bebop and Rocksteady?

Also, are there any real-world circumstances or potential in-story events where IDW would create another mini-series now that we have TMNT Universe to run alongside the main ongoing?
It would depend on the creative team, I imagine. I think in terms of story potential, the Mutanimals could support an ongoing, but I don't know about sales.

Possible to still have a separate mini-series, sure.
Old 12-18-2016, 06:04 PM   #1480
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
It would depend on the creative team, I imagine. I think in terms of story potential, the Mutanimals could support an ongoing, but I don't know about sales.

Possible to still have a separate mini-series, sure.
What about Bebop and Rocksteady? Do you think they could serve an ongoing, or are they simply too limited in their potential? (Again, discounting the factor of sales.)

Tags
bobby curnow, idw, idw's tmnt, questions, tom waltz