The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 04-22-2019, 04:00 PM   #1
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Neca’s teenage mutant ninja turtles line goes global!

NECA’S TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES LINE GOES GLOBAL!
Licensing agreement with Viacom Nickelodeon Consumer Products expanded to include international territories

April 22, 2019 – U.S.-based National Entertainment Collectibles Association (NECA) announced today the expansion of its licensing agreement with Viacom Nickelodeon Consumer Products (VNCP) for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (TMNT). For the first time ever, NECA’s distribution agreement will include international markets, allowing its bestselling TMNT action figures and collectibles to be sold in dozens of countries around the world from Asia to Europe to South America.

NECA first acquired the TMNT license in 2016 and has produced an expansive line of collector products based on the franchise’s movies and animated series, including action figures, prop replicas, accessories, collectibles and more. Until now, NECA items have only been available in the U.S., and this expansion into international markets will bring NECA’s TMNT product to fans around the world.

“Bringing our Turtle product to fans worldwide is something we have wanted for years. Thanks to our great partnership with Nickelodeon, we are so grateful to finally give loyal international Turtle fans – who have been supporting our TMNT line since its inception – an opportunity to collect this fantastic range,” said Randy Falk, NECA’s director of product development.

Fellow global Turtle fans you won't have to rely on First of Latin Dickweed to get your turtle stuff

http://necaonline.com/2019/04/necas-..._medium=social
Old 04-22-2019, 04:43 PM   #2
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
NECA’S TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES LINE GOES GLOBAL!
Licensing agreement with Viacom Nickelodeon Consumer Products expanded to include international territories

April 22, 2019 – U.S.-based National Entertainment Collectibles Association (NECA) announced today the expansion of its licensing agreement with Viacom Nickelodeon Consumer Products (VNCP) for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (TMNT). For the first time ever, NECA’s distribution agreement will include international markets, allowing its bestselling TMNT action figures and collectibles to be sold in dozens of countries around the world from Asia to Europe to South America.

NECA first acquired the TMNT license in 2016 and has produced an expansive line of collector products based on the franchise’s movies and animated series, including action figures, prop replicas, accessories, collectibles and more. Until now, NECA items have only been available in the U.S., and this expansion into international markets will bring NECA’s TMNT product to fans around the world.

“Bringing our Turtle product to fans worldwide is something we have wanted for years. Thanks to our great partnership with Nickelodeon, we are so grateful to finally give loyal international Turtle fans – who have been supporting our TMNT line since its inception – an opportunity to collect this fantastic range,” said Randy Falk, NECA’s director of product development.

Fellow global Turtle fans you won't have to rely on First of Latin Dickweed to get your turtle stuff

http://necaonline.com/2019/04/necas-..._medium=social
They did it, they actually did it I'm so screwed lol
Old 04-22-2019, 05:05 PM   #3
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

The waiting game pays off, feels good that I've yet to pay scalper prices for any of my neca tmnt stuff
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 05:46 PM   #4
super curry max
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
The waiting game pays off, feels good that I've yet to pay scalper prices for any of my neca tmnt stuff
Assuming where you are will actually see them

Im praying for you!
Old 04-22-2019, 07:52 PM   #5
Leo656
The Franchise

I'll get excited when they actually get their horrible distribution system sorted out. No more "_______-Exclusives" that will never actually hit store shelves. Or shipping one shipment to a store with no information whatsoever about when more might come in.

Actually deliver regular shipments to stores periodically, and actually communicate with those stores about when they can expect a re-stock, and/or just make every single product available online through their own website. Simple sh*t.

Until that happens there's little to get excited about. All NECA ships to stores in NJ is Horror stuff and Five Nights At Freddy's stuff. The TMNT figures are technically "available" but you've got a better chance of finding a female Rutgers student without a venereal disease.

Nice gesture on their part, but if they're not gonna fix their sh*tty distribution methods, people will still be forced to go to scalpers and eBay. Just slightly fewer of them.

We'll see.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 10:16 PM   #6
sdp
-

**** scalpers, I'll be getting my NECA turtles finally
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 05:14 AM   #7
Oculus Orbus
Mad Scientist

I've been able to score all the exclusives so far, but it's been hugely annoying. I'm so glad this is finally happening!
Oculus Orbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 05:54 AM   #8
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by super curry max View Post
Assuming where you are will actually see them

Im praying for you!
I doubt they'll come where I live, but just coming to UK stores that ship international, or just ships in general (since I have a reship account) will help tremendously.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 06:04 AM   #9
Filespit
Hench Mutant

This is super-awesome! I'd like some more details though, does this mean one can order the figures from NECA's online store or will they be distributed to actual stores around (in my case) Europe?
Filespit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 08:07 AM   #10
Meow
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilSpooky View Post
They did it, they actually did it I'm so screwed lol
Also europe here and actually - I'm relaxed.

Why? First 2 reasons that jump to mind are
A) US retail prices never matched EU retail prices for reasons of import fees, shipping fees, etc. Even for large companies with large drop-offs those fees aren't easy to take
B) Release times will most probably differ and I don't mean 2 or 4 weeks.

Optional C) Availability. Yup, playmates was and is a brand. And even for them interest to provide all lines in full availability to EU customers rubbed off over time in the 90ies.

Of course in both (A and B) cases I prefer to be proven otherwise but call me sceptical on a rational level. Anyway, this kind of development for the entire market and for NECA is not only a great step forward but also a good step towards what the future could bring
Old 04-23-2019, 08:17 AM   #11
Powder
So tired of this place

This is great news for ALL turtle fans, because it shows the strength of the brand, & its merit in the hands of NECA. More sales = more merch. This is a good sign that we'll be getting awesome stuff for years to come.

Congrats to NECA for the expansion, & to all you turtle peeps across the globe!

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 08:47 AM   #12
slaysghosts
Foot Soldier

Think about the production numbers now......This should help everyone in the states too.

Do yourself a favor: Bookmark this page ---> Click Here

Also, a lot of people have obnoxiously large signatures and you'll get use to it.
slaysghosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 11:07 AM   #13
Dane E5R
Mad Scientist

Has NECA said anything more regarding Bebop and Rocksteady?
Old 04-23-2019, 11:59 AM   #14
AquaParade
Banned

Awesome news for all fans. I really hope the Playmates-TMNT license gets the plague and is violently sucked underground. They really seem to have gotten in the way of quality tmnt product.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 01:32 PM   #15
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Congrats to my Fellow Fans overseas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filespit View Post
does this mean one can order the figures from NECA's online store or will they be distributed to actual stores around (in my case) Europe?
They don't sell much of anything through their online store. I have always wondered why they don't sell more of their product there. Maybe it will mean some of the other online stores will get them though.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 09:29 PM   #16
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

I think I'll still have to buy online because I don't know of any major Australian retailers that carry NECA stuff. No big deal though - I haven't had much trouble getting Turtle stuff from a local(ish) online specialty shops at fairly reasonable prices considering where I live. Maybe this change will bring the prices down a bit though, which will be great.
Old 04-24-2019, 02:38 AM   #17
tmntfanuk
Foot Soldier

This is awesome! I think this will be good for everyone, even those in the US. Because of the doors now open, more TMNT may be produced by NECA. And it shows NECA (and perhaps more importantly Viacom) that there is a demand, even more so than before, and not just in the US. It may mean NECA can now produce more TMNT products/lines than ever before, as Viacom may relax the licence even furtner, from seeing what NECA has achieved with this new deal, and the recent deals at retail in the US. Maybe in the future, Playmates wont be able to retain their iron hold, which is good news for all TMNT fans.

Starting to see the 2-Packs pop up for Pre order here in the UK.
tmntfanuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 10:13 AM   #18
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Funny how first of latin dickweed has been radio silent since this news came out
Old 04-24-2019, 11:59 AM   #19
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Funny how first of latin dickweed has been radio silent since this news came out
Well after all his "trolling", the movie figures became available through GS, then all the spats he was starting lost him multiple sales among members here, then the toon figures were made available through Target, now these things are going global.

Talk about a backfire. I mean, this is his source of income.

I feel sort of bad, but he dug his own hole. The whole thing did sort of snowball and avalanche on him though. Maybe now he can just come back and get along with everybody, now that he has nothing to hold over us.

I have an old "friend", who, when he has something good going on, he feels the need to lord it over everybody. He's really only tolerable when he has nothing good going on in his life, sadly, which makes it difficult to have a relationship with him. His insecurities turn him into an a-hole, essentially. Idk, maybe LatinKings is like that.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 02:36 PM   #20
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

i wonder what happened to Playmates. were they visited by 3 ghosts last night? or did they finally get the slap they deserved? either way im glad a company that actually puts effort in their product is taking the wheel, instead of cash grabbing

i wonder also if this opens a door for other companies to make product. NECA seems more humble then Playmates "either buy our crap, or you get nothing" BS
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote