The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 08-09-2014, 02:01 PM   #1001
Hawkeye
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonatelloFan1984 View Post
The influx of new members to this board is maddening. It is like this when a different team wins the superbowl every year. The "fans" come out in droves. They weren't there before that superbowl win I can tell you that. Although I was complaining about his time on the board, I didn't take as much issue with that as I did his username. When you are saying screw the Mirage TMNT, you obviously don't care about origins at that point, so you would be more inclined to enjoy the new movie. Besides just as you posted your opinions, I will post mine. You can say that the 07 movie (which I didn't all that much care for) was the worst. That is your opinion. You, however, are trying push it off as fact. Like I said before. Wow. Just wow.
I'm not saying it was a fact, I was simply responding in the same tone. I have no issue or love with the Mirage comics, but if the guy doesn't like them... who cares?

As for the rest, you can hate me because I'm new if you want. I'm saddened a fellow Donnie fan would hate on a new member because they just found the forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Turtles forever wasn't a theatrical release. I don't count it.
Fair enough.. it's still a movie though. Made for TV movie doesn't mean it wasn't a movie. It's likely the best of the bunch, too.
Hawkeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 02:04 PM   #1002
Vicky82
Emperor

Come on people chill out and let people have there own opinions on the movie.

Was the thread this bad when the 2007 movie come out.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 02:04 PM   #1003
Hawkeye
Random Punk

Quote:
You hate the Nick cartoon don't you? This movie was aimed at people like you. Ones who don't care for the franchise whatsoever and only like the OT.
I love the Nick toon and I love the new movie. Guess that throws out that theory.

PS. Secret of the Ooze was JUST as corny as Turtles III. It's only slightly better because it has actual big Ninja Turtle characters involved.
Old 08-09-2014, 02:05 PM   #1004
ScrewtheMirageTMNT
Hench Mutant

I can't believe snake is a tween. Someone should teach this youth, I mean little punk the meaning of respect.
ScrewtheMirageTMNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 02:05 PM   #1005
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrewtheMirageTMNT View Post
They look like ass to me and I am not a fan of their tone.
Yet you like IDW?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MogwaiNinja89 View Post
Oh god, shut the ever loving hell up.

This is forum of TMNT fans, can't you people just buck the f--k up and discuss this without dick measuring? Haters are being to dismissive of those who like it, insulting intelligence and what not. People who like are being a little too sensitive to those who don't. I myself have been guilty of this. I side with the fans of the film and don't think that the film is any way near the mess structurally haters are making it out to be. In fact, I think this complaint borders on falsehood. But that is all opinion and this board would be a lot more pleasant if people on both sides just chilled the f--k out and DISCUSSED.
But it was a mess. I went in TRYING to like it but from the film not focusing on anything and jumping around more then an ADHD child, I couldn't enjoy it. I liked SOME things but it didn't make up for everything else. It didn't feel like a turtles movie. I didn't feel the family bond between the turtles and splinter like I do in the other movies.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 02:06 PM   #1006
MrTMNT2012
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
I love the Nick toon and I love the new movie. Guess that throws out that theory.

PS. Secret of the Ooze was JUST as corny as Turtles III. It's only slightly better because it has actual big Ninja Turtle characters involved.
Same here, but from that I guess the people who hated the movie only saw what they wanted to see.

Fav Quote - 87 Leo: "TURTLES FIGHT WITH HONOUR!"
Fav Series - 2012 Nickelodeon
Fav Game - Out of the Shadows
Fav Comic - IDW Series
Fav Movie - Liebesman's TMNT (2014)
MrTMNT2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 02:07 PM   #1007
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Regarding this new movie some of you really need to CALM DOWN. Its just a movie move on with your lives. Some of you guys make the Transformers fanbase looks like Calm Saints compared to the Turtle fanbase.
Old 08-09-2014, 02:08 PM   #1008
snake
Disgusting

Quote:

Corny? Sure. But 3 was so bad becuase of the major plot throw-off from the other ones and the writing. It would be better if it was styled like turtles in time, going through different time periods rather then just one.
Old 08-09-2014, 02:10 PM   #1009
Hawkeye
Random Punk

Quote:
But it was a mess. I went in TRYING to like it but from the film not focusing on anything and jumping around more then an ADHD child, I couldn't enjoy it. I liked SOME things but it didn't make up for everything else. It didn't feel like a turtles movie. I didn't feel the family bond between the turtles and splinter like I do in the other movies.
What did they need to do to make you feel the bond?

SPOILERS BELOW

Spoiler:
1. It showed them growing up and playing games as brothers.
2. Splinter stopped Leonardo and the others from helping him.
3. Raph went nuts when he awoke and found Splinter battered and beaten, on the verge of death.
4. Raph, upon finding his brothers, battling the Shredder 1 on 1 to help save them.
5. The Turtles risking their lives, one by one, to save April. They needed to trust each other.
6. Raph's monologue.
7. Mikey being annoying, but the brothers still loving him.
8. The brothers saving the mutagen to help Splinter.

Plenty of family connections throughout.
Old 08-09-2014, 02:10 PM   #1010
ScrewtheMirageTMNT
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Regarding this new movie some of you really need to CALM DOWN. Its just a movie move on with your lives. Some of you guys make the Transformers fanbase looks like Calm Saints compared to the Turtle fanbase.
Pfft, the transformers fan base is way worse.
Old 08-09-2014, 02:12 PM   #1011
MogwaiNinja89
Thug

Quote:
Yet you like IDW?

Again. O.P.I.N.I.O.N.

I, and others, don't think it's much more structurally unsound then most comic book films. You're not right. Saying "but is it a mess" doesn't automatically make it so. I think Secret of the Ooze is a mess. A terribly lazy mess at that. But that won't change the minds of the fans. It's an opinion. A person perception.
MogwaiNinja89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 02:14 PM   #1012
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
What did they need to do to make you feel the bond?

SPOILERS BELOW

Spoiler:
1. It showed them growing up and playing games as brothers.
2. Splinter stopped Leonardo and the others from helping him.
3. Raph went nuts when he awoke and found Splinter battered and beaten, on the verge of death.
4. Raph, upon finding his brothers, battling the Shredder 1 on 1 to help save them.
5. The Turtles risking their lives, one by one, to save April. They needed to trust each other.
6. Raph's monologue.
7. Mikey being annoying, but the brothers still loving him.
8. The brothers saving the mutagen to help Splinter.

Plenty of family connections throughout.
I agree with Raphs speech, but nothing else really felt like they were brothers. Maybe if they shown Raph doing all that in his speech it would have had more of an impact.

Quote:
Pfft, the transformers fan base is way worse.
I'm not going to fight you. You can have your opinion and I can have mine. I shouldn't have lashed out on you like that. Let's stop it. It's just a movie and I was overreacting.
Old 08-09-2014, 02:15 PM   #1013
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
This^^^^^

I avoid the Transformers forums, I dread going in there. I wonder what the Power Rangers fan base is going to be like when Michael Bay starts making that movie soon.

Old 08-09-2014, 02:16 PM   #1014
Purse Grabbin Puke
Stone Warrior

Quote:
To me it sounds like the people who have an issue with the cohesiveness of the stories that take place in the movie wanted more cohesiveness, I think anyone who thinks the movie completely lacks cohesiveness in that department (the story department) is completely wrong. When I saw the movie I didn't feel as if there was any shaky cam action going down.

Listen, when I go watch a movie I don't go into it waiting for problems to pop up, I just sit there and watch the damn thing.
Two great points by someone who only joined a month ago...

I don't think this is the greatest movie ever made, or the greatest TMNT movie ever made. It's behind the 1st movie. The Nick cartoon is better than the 2014 movie. My idea of a TMNT movie, is better than this movie. Why I continue to defend the movie, is because it's not a complete piece of trash. It's not difficult to follow along with the story. It's pretty effing simple actually. To suggest it's confusing because you're not sure if April is the main character is just silly. She has no plot importance past leading Shredder to the Turtles in the first 30 minutes of the movie. She is the character who gets the turtles to where they need to go.

I have seen some absolutely terrible movies, and the TMNT movie is not even close to being as bad as some of you are saying. If you go into movies looking for things to tear apart, I feel bad for you, because you're missing out on actually enjoying a movie experience. If more people would just go see a movie and relax and just let the movie happen, and form their own opinions they might actually start liking some movies.

Out of all these super hero movies, not a lot of them have strong plots, and most of them have cliche villains. A lot of you people wish TMNT was something it's not, and never will be. Eastman and Laird sold out very early on to make TMNT a children's toy. There will never be a Turtles movie for adults. Accept it and move on.

I liked the movie, a TON of people liked the movie. It's going to win this weekend, and there will be sequels. I suggest you just go to the sections or threads where you can talk about the TMNT that you like. Your vitriol will change nothing. The lot of you come off as snobby know it alls, who think they know what makes a good movie, but a lot of you are just parroting what you've read or heard from other people. I saw it twice, and the amount of people in both theaters who were so stoked about it when they were leaving, out numbers all the people here who didn't like it.
Old 08-09-2014, 02:23 PM   #1015
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by floydbanks7 View Post
I liked the movie, a TON of people liked the movie. It's going to win this weekend, and there will be sequels. I suggest you just go to the sections or threads where you can talk about the TMNT that you like. Your vitriol will change nothing. The lot of you come off as snobby know it alls, who think they know what makes a good movie, but a lot of you are just parroting what you've read or heard from other people. I saw it twice, and the amount of people in both theaters who were so stoked about it when they were leaving, out numbers all the people here who didn't like it.
I've seen lot's of tweets from people who loved this movie and actually want to see it again.

Old 08-09-2014, 02:23 PM   #1016
ScrewtheMirageTMNT
Hench Mutant

The fact that the movie has bland stuff, well, that comes with the territory when it comes to creating a certain something about the tmnt. You cannot make a tmnt movie without it being on the bland side to some extent. The same goes for other movies as well. When are people going to wake up and realize that?
Old 08-09-2014, 02:25 PM   #1017
Purse Grabbin Puke
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
I've seen lot's of tweets from people who loved this movie and actually want to see it again.
That's because it's a fun TMNT movie. For whatever reasons you have to like them, the people who truly love them, will love the movie.
Old 08-09-2014, 02:28 PM   #1018
MogwaiNinja89
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
Ya but those people are just Bay lovers who blindly lap up whatever they want to and can't form their own opinions....
MogwaiNinja89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 02:29 PM   #1019
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by floydbanks7 View Post
That's because it's a fun TMNT movie. For whatever reasons you have to like them, the people who truly love them, will love the movie.
Yeah I know, I was saying it's a good thing.

Old 08-09-2014, 02:32 PM   #1020
MrTMNT2012
Mad Scientist

At least we can all agree that the elevator scene and snow chase were both good sequences of thought-out humour and action.

That's more than anyone could say about all 4 Transformers films!

Fav Quote - 87 Leo: "TURTLES FIGHT WITH HONOUR!"
Fav Series - 2012 Nickelodeon
Fav Game - Out of the Shadows
Fav Comic - IDW Series
Fav Movie - Liebesman's TMNT (2014)
MrTMNT2012 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
reviews