The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 12-05-2019, 01:37 PM   #21
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Keep the River trilogy, Sons of the Silent Age... Masks... Leatherhead, Too... am I forgetting anything good?
Hall of Lost Legends and Twilight of the Ring.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 01:40 PM   #22
Dejablue
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post

different mutants who all have their own backstories and such it dilutes everything and it doesn't serve anyone. They should for the most part be alone, isolated, the last of their kind. No freaking Bebop, no Rocktsteady, no Armadillo Man or Platypus Girl.

If/when they finally run into Leatherhead, that should be a big deal. It should be like, "WHOA, another mutant is out there!" and not, "*yawn* oh look, another mutant."
Good job expressing how limited your imagination is.

I can only agree that there would NEED to be a lack of mutants due to the mere costs of costume design and robotics blasting the budget through the roof.

But I find this demand for mutant exclusivity to be asinine. You'd have to have a good reason for why this happens. Like a very limited amount of mutagen. But if the bad guys have mutagen then they are going to use it.

Besides the turtles, 4 more mutants to ever appear throughout the series wouldn't break the bank. As its still just 8 mutants on the entire planet. And more than likely some of those other 4 are going to die in a dark series.

^^^^
SHELLHEADS Inc.- A TMNT Discord!

Last edited by Dejablue; 12-05-2019 at 01:46 PM.
Dejablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 01:51 PM   #23
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejablue View Post
Good job expressing how limited your imagination is.
Oh, I can imagine a great many mutants. Wombat mutants and mice people and others. I can also very much imagine how ghastly that would be.

Quote:
But I find this demand for mutant exclusivity to be asinine.
Then you're disagreeing with what Kevin and particularly Peter describe about what the TMNT is supposed to be all about. You know. Before it got warped into a kids/toy thing.
Old 12-05-2019, 04:16 PM   #24
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Oh, I can imagine a great many mutants. Wombat mutants and mice people and others. I can also very much imagine how ghastly that would be.

Then you're disagreeing with what Kevin and particularly Peter describe about what the TMNT is supposed to be all about. You know. Before it got warped into a kids/toy thing.
Peter for sure, but less so Kevin.

Personally, I think it can work either way. I used to lean more towards Peter Laird's views that being unique is what made their story special, but there is also a lot of potential fun to he had by introducing other mutants.

It depends, but it can definitely become too much for me. I don't like the TMNT to be running around in a Pokemon-mutant world, but the occasional back-alley, midnight brawl between the turtles and another occasional mutant is appealing.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 04:39 PM   #25
ninja-zero
Hench Mutant

There's gotta be a way to introduce new animal mutants who each have their own fighting style/martial art(s).

The turtles are all ninjutsu after all.
ninja-zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 04:47 PM   #26
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Peter for sure, but less so Kevin.
True. To be fair, that's is very much what Peter said. Kevin hasn't really said anything about it at all. But he wasn't ever disagreeing with Peter on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja-zero View Post
There's gotta be a way to introduce new animal mutants who each have their own fighting style/martial art(s).
No, not really. They can fight humans who have different martial arts just the same.
Old 12-05-2019, 05:02 PM   #27
Dejablue
Stone Warrior

Animals come with abilities only an animal would have like a Cheetah's speed or flight etc.

Quote:
Hot take: They really aren't the ones who made this franchise as timelessly popular as it is. I respect them but I don't consider their opinions to be holy text.

^^^^
Old 12-06-2019, 04:54 AM   #28
TommyT
Banned

1. Chet has to drop them, from a fishbowl. No stupid Lab experiment BS

2. Yoshi should be our point of view character.

3. The Shredder is defeated by the end of episode 1.

4. Hire the fight choreographer from Daredevil.

5. Hire the production designers from ‘Chernobyl”

6. Bring on the writers from Succession.

7. Weapons cut, guns kill, violence has permanence. Do the exact opposite of tmnt2, violence is gratuitous similar to game of thrones, but not frequent.

8. Mutants are rare. No monster of the week BS.

9. No GD theme song.

10. Cast this little dude
https://www.instagram.com/p/B5q8ozCj...d=qot7jjz124jp

Last edited by TommyT; 12-06-2019 at 05:29 AM.
TommyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 09:10 AM   #29
Dejablue
Stone Warrior

So grounded in "reality". No magic?

Original stories or just comic adaptation?

^^^^
Old 12-06-2019, 10:14 AM   #30
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:

Definitely room for certain episodes with magic. And time travel. And fantastical stuff. But the day to day should be down to earth, with the weirdest thing in the episodes being the TMNT themselves.
Old 12-06-2019, 10:15 AM   #31
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:

I love the line that IDW was towing for, like, three issues. The debate between magic, science, and reality. Donatello and Leonardo debating over whether Master Splinter was a psycho rat, talking out his ass about reincarnation, was compelling. I've said it before, but I think they were too quick to tell us "Yup. They're definitely reincarnated." I'm not arguing for extreme decompression, I just feel there was a lot to be mined there. Hell, if I had it my way, it might never be confirmed, and instead be open for constant debate, with each new wrinkle thrown into the plot.

Of course, at the end of the day, we are already accepting something quite fantastical, and I can't imagine the show going for more than a couple seasons without embracing that more and more. There is a lot to play with when it comes to grounded tmnt stories - The Foot, The Mob, The government, slice-of-life, etc...

But I think the temptation to dip into some of the best outlandish source material would prove strong, eventually. And it's not like that's automatically a bad thing by any means. I like the idea of starting small and growing more fantastical/supernatural over time.

Last edited by AquaParade; 12-06-2019 at 10:23 AM.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 12:51 PM   #32
pferreira
Foot Elite

My dream idea for a TMNT TV series would be too unrealistically expensive to work.

Quote:
Not to be THAT guy but wouldn't that be like only two or three years after the first issue was published?
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
idw, live action tmnt series, tmnt