The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 02-26-2016, 01:01 AM   #1761
Powder
So tired of this place

I'm glad this went so well. I myself did not contribute (sorry guys, but I have nobody to play with ) but I'm really happy so many people did, & that there's all this excitement. I hope it's loads of fun for you all, & that it could open the door for more dope spin-off products based in the IDW-verse!

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 02:05 PM   #1762
the_soub
Foot Soldier

For those unaware...

A TMNT #1 Kickstarter Variant is being done by Tony Vargas for those that supported the game.

Just an FYI for those completionists. (I collect the HC so I'll likely part with mine)
the_soub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 05:46 PM   #1763
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Given the number of backers to the KS, I can't imagine it's going to be hard to acquire mind you!
Old 04-08-2016, 01:56 PM   #1764
AquaParade
Banned

I would love to know if there are any Ultimate editions in the works.

Volume 5 is a must, for one.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 05:05 AM   #1765
Freeman
Hench Mutant

IDW's silence about their own KS project and the lack of information is turning backers from intrigued to seriously dissapointed.
Apparently figures were shown at GAMA but no picture has been made public.

The variant comic cover update doesn't hurt, but brings no new information about the production proccess itself.
Old 04-20-2016, 07:20 AM   #1766
Rat_King
Hench Mutant

I'm not worried at all. This isn't their first rodeo using Kickstarter and they successfully fulfilled all other projects. There is a lot going into this game with all of the figurines and such. It will take a little time to finalize those and make sure they're producing appropriately. It'll be a task just to figure out packaging on all of it. Don't get me wrong. I'm anxious, but definitely not worried.
Rat_King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 03:05 AM   #1767
Freeman
Hench Mutant

Form the last board game update, 'something' will be coming in the Rocksteady & Beebop comics. Of course, nobody cared explaining what.

Quote:
Speaking of fun, one of several surprises in store for you drops this June! You may have heard of the five issue mini-series we have coming called Bebop & Rocksteady Destroy Everything. Well, there's a special gaming surprise in issues 4 and 5, so call your comic shop now and get a pre-order in.

Don't have a shop? Well, don't worry if you can't get your hands on the comic. That content will be provided to you digitally for free because you're a member of our campaign! It's a little thank you and a LOT of fun that adds more hours of game to your gaming table. Keep your eyes out for details coming soon!

This is the first of a few backer offers that we hope show our appreciation for what's been an excellent campaign. Again, thank you all so much for your participation and support.
EDIT: Unable to link the pic so you can see it here, dunno why. Maybe I'm getting old. Here's the link
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/1569079
Old 06-02-2016, 05:11 PM   #1768
natecm
Hench Mutant

Here's what the content is:

June's mini-series Bebop & Rocksteady Destroy Everything will have game content in the fourth and fifth issues! Each issue will contain a scenario and the option to battle against two of the turtles' toughest foes.

Don't have a comic shop nearby? That's okay! Because you not only helped with backing the game, but also fought to get these two added to it, we'll be giving you a free pdf of the content from the comic! Obviously the series is great, and we urge you to check it out, but as our backers you'll be provided the game content absolutely free.

This comic crossover ability is something we're so excited for with this game. We can keep the story going, and keep your game group busy between major expansions with mini-events like this.

This two-part scenario is the first of what we hope to be a long line of special mini-events and expansions that will give you even more value and gameplay time.
Old 06-23-2016, 08:03 PM   #1769
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by natecm View Post

June's mini-series Bebop & Rocksteady Destroy Everything will have game content in the fourth and fifth issues! Each issue will contain a scenario and the option to battle against two of the turtles' toughest foes.

Don't have a comic shop nearby? That's okay! Because you not only helped with backing the game, but also fought to get these two added to it, we'll be giving you a free pdf of the content from the comic! Obviously the series is great, and we urge you to check it out, but as our backers you'll be provided the game content absolutely free.

This comic crossover ability is something we're so excited for with this game. We can keep the story going, and keep your game group busy between major expansions with mini-events like this.

This two-part scenario is the first of what we hope to be a long line of special mini-events and expansions that will give you even more value and gameplay time.
Hi Nate,

I just pulled the trigger on the Red label Ultimate Collection 4. It was on sale for a pretty low price on the IDW Limited website, so I'm wondering if that's because the sales were low on this volume. Any chance you can update us on the chance of ultimate collection vol 5 from IDW Limited?
Old 06-24-2016, 07:59 AM   #1770
playmate
Foot Soldier

is 'The Works' KS Exclusive still available?

THE WORKS EXCLUSIVE - can I still pledge and receive all iinclusions at this tier per KS site?
Thanks
playmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 10:49 PM   #1771
playmate
Foot Soldier

PM sent!!

Cowabunga Sir; I sent you a PM and hope you may please reply. Thanks in advance

Quote:

playmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 07:07 PM   #1772
natecm
Hench Mutant

Look at this blast from the (shadows of the) past!

Wanted to check in and let those of you who don't know I'm back, and we're re-firing up IDW Limited.

Going to try and keep a steady flow of interesting material flowing, so let me know what you want, and I'll share plans when I can!
Old 03-22-2018, 08:38 AM   #1773
rich
Mad Scientist

Quote:

Wanted to check in and let those of you who don't know I'm back, and we're re-firing up IDW Limited.

Going to try and keep a steady flow of interesting material flowing, so let me know what you want, and I'll share plans when I can!
Welcome back Nate! I saw the Inside Out Director's Cut (and bought that). I'm always partial to special limited edition single issues / variants vs. the hardcovers, etc. Just my preference.

rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 11:10 AM   #1774
natecm
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich View Post
Welcome back Nate! I saw the Inside Out Director's Cut (and bought that). I'm always partial to special limited edition single issues / variants vs. the hardcovers, etc. Just my preference.
Awesome. I definitely want to do more singles than we used to, so you'll be seeing that soon!
Old 03-22-2018, 11:13 AM   #1775
rich
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Awesome. I definitely want to do more singles than we used to, so you'll be seeing that soon!
That is great news! Thanks Nate.

rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 11:32 AM   #1776
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:

Hey Nate!

Glad you're back. I would love to see more slipcase hardcovers or special edition single issues of TMNT, such as what you did with IDW's TMNT #21. Whether they're from Mirage, IDW, Archie, or Image. I welcome it all!

I recently purchased the "Secret History of the Foot Clan" Slipcase workprint edition that your team put out and it's beautiful! I'd love more hardcovers of this quality.

Now, this may be asking too much, but it would be exciting to see your team take on collections we may not see from the typical IDW collection department. Hardcover collections of "Return to New York", "City at War", or other beloved TMNT stories would be very cool. Posters, pins, and other limited edition items to go along would be neat. Anyways, I could go all day, but I'm sure you've already cooked up plenty of your own fantastic ideas.

Thanks for dropping in!
Old 03-22-2018, 02:58 PM   #1777
funatic
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Hardcover collections of "Return to New York", "City at War", or other beloved TMNT stories would be very cool. Posters, pins, and other limited edition items to go along would be neat.
Seconded! Would love to see both of those arcs collected into their own respective deluxe formats. City At War especially would be great to have in a single book, with the duoshade errors from UC volume 4 fixed!
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 04:45 PM   #1778
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

I’m not sure about the goals or purpose of IDW Limited. So my suggestion could be off base.

I’ve always wanted TMNT material in a box set. And in the box all the spines on the volumes connect to form a picture. Like in this YouTube video and attached photos. The video actually has Kevin Eastman in the beginning so that’s a funny coincidence.

Infinity Gauntlet Box Set sells for $290 on instocktrades so I’d imagine that’s the price TMNT fans would expect to pay.

Last edited by TurtleWA; 03-22-2018 at 04:54 PM.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 03:44 PM   #1779
natecm
Hench Mutant

Good ideas, everybody. Thanks!

I'm gonna look into box sets. That's something new. And hopefully a lithograph as well!
Old 04-05-2018, 05:28 AM   #1780
psychopants
New Recruit

Hi Nate, does this mean volumes 5 & 6 of the Ultimate Collections will be getting printed with the IDW Limited treatment? I have vol 1-4 and was wondering if they were ever gonna be finished off!
psychopants is offline   Reply With Quote