The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 11-14-2019, 11:15 PM   #61
TommyT
Banned

Thanks. Who ever they are, not cool.

I also don't think I used NPC here, even once. Anyway, this is the culture war we're fighting these days, and I'm sick of it.
TommyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 07:31 AM   #62
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyT View Post
I also don't think I used NPC here, even once. Anyway, this is the culture war we're fighting these days, and I'm sick of it.
Indeed, it wasn't you. But regarding the culture war... Buckle up, it's not going anywhere until 2024 at the very earliest. Kids can't stand not getting their way.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 11:56 AM   #63
Cloudrunner
Foot Soldier

Quote:
I also don't think I used NPC here, even once..
You're right. It was Vegita that said that, and is probably more likely to be the one that made the tags. I mistook his post for one of yours. Sorry, my mistake.
Cloudrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 06:13 PM   #64
TommyT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Indeed, it wasn't you. But regarding the culture war... Buckle up, it's not going anywhere until 2024 at the very earliest. Kids can't stand not getting their way.
I’m a centrist. Both sides are annoying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudrunner View Post
You're right. It was Vegita that said that, and is probably more likely to be the one that made the tags. I mistook his post for one of yours. Sorry, my mistake.
All good, I had to say something, before the assumption blew up.
Old 11-15-2019, 06:16 PM   #65
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
I’m a centrist. Both sides are annoying.
That may be. But only one of them won't shut up and stop whining that they didn't get their way because of a little thing called democracy. /OT
Old 11-15-2019, 07:13 PM   #66
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
Saki enters a whole new world so radically different from his own that it should seem to him an alien world and he just...goes about business as usual. None of this "what do you mean Japan isn't isolated anymore" "what the hell is a lightbulb?" "why are there people trapped behind that screen?" "is there a tiny man speaking in that box?" We could have had at least one or two issues of Saki trying to adjust to the modern world.
I will forever lament the fact that we never got to see a Foot Clan lackey trying to explain the internet to Oroku Saki
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 07:29 PM   #67
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
I will forever lament the fact that we never got to see a Foot Clan lackey trying to explain the internet to Oroku Saki
The first time I felt that way was when he told the Professor to "get in the car" during Secret History, like he had known what a car was his whole life. Though for all the mileage they usually get in such situations in fiction, I imagine cars would be the easiest of all modern technologies to explain to a time-displaced person. The second time was when he arrived at TCRI in Stockman's limo, wearing a suit, in Vengeance. We had never seen Saki like that before and it really drove home the possibilities of exploring his adjustment to living in the "future". And/or Splinter's, for that matter.
Old 11-15-2019, 07:48 PM   #68
Vegita-San
Emperor

I havn't made a tag in the 20 years on this site.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 08:01 PM   #69
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
The first time I felt that way was when he told the Professor to "get in the car" during Secret History, like he had known what a car was his whole life. Though for all the mileage they usually get in such situations in fiction, I imagine cars would be the easiest of all modern technologies to explain to a time-displaced person. The second time was when he arrived at TCRI in Stockman's limo, wearing a suit, in Vengeance. We had never seen Saki like that before and it really drove home the possibilities of exploring his adjustment to living in the "future". And/or Splinter's, for that matter.
Oh yeah, SPLINTER adjusting to "the future" would have been great too (then capping with Krang's complaints about Earth being "backwards" clarified more with frustration about how slow the technology is. At least he doesn't have to worry about dial-up anymore, but modern Earth technology is like any one of us trying to get work done with a printing press)
Old 11-15-2019, 09:07 PM   #70
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
Oh yeah, SPLINTER adjusting to "the future" would have been great too (then capping with Krang's complaints about Earth being "backwards" clarified more with frustration about how slow the technology is. At least he doesn't have to worry about dial-up anymore, but modern Earth technology is like any one of us trying to get work done with a printing press)
I can just picture Krang's reaction to a dial-up connection on Burnow Island, complete with that classic electronic chirping: he would remain silently frustrated for a couple of panels, and then order one of techies executed.
Old 11-15-2019, 11:15 PM   #71
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Kinda off topic but don't expect Sophie Campbell to be coming here anytime soon.

https://twitter.com/mooncalfe1/statu...80469041156096
Old 11-15-2019, 11:37 PM   #72
TommyT
Banned

Anybody catch that part in The toys that made us where Peter and Kevin talk about how a female turtle caused a rift, and according to Peter "felt like a betrayal"?

Something about heat and kitchens I guess. Or maybe truth to power. Bad ideas are often born of malignant agendas. It didn't work for Snyder with his dystopian heroes, it doesn't work for Star Wars, and it should be ended here as well.
The fans are your biggest support system, but also you biggest critics. We spend the cash that makes the great green world go round. Ignore the filthy masses at your own peril.
Old 11-15-2019, 11:53 PM   #73
Allio
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
Kinda off topic but don't expect Sophie Campbell to be coming here anytime soon.

Shame. Sometimes you gotta take the good with the bad.
Old 11-16-2019, 04:48 AM   #74
Igglet

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post

Can't even blame her tbh.
Old 11-16-2019, 05:18 AM   #75
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igglet View Post
Can't even blame her tbh.
After the dumpster fire that was the Quartering thread? Heck no and this thread will likely cause others to leave.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: wait until we've seen the final product before passing judgement, otherwise you just sound like a bunch of whiny schoolkids.

Besides Jennika's getting a miniseries so that her character building doesn't take up space in the main series, it's not that hard to understand.
hypered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 05:28 AM   #76
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

I get Sophie for leaving, honestly the main reason I’m still here is more out of habit then enjoyment at this point
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 06:08 AM   #77
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Anybody catch that part in The toys that made us where Peter and Kevin talk about how a female turtle caused a rift, and according to Peter "felt like a betrayal"?

Something about heat and kitchens I guess. Or maybe truth to power. Bad ideas are often born of malignant agendas. It didn't work for Snyder with his dystopian heroes, it doesn't work for Star Wars, and it should be ended here as well.
The fans are your biggest support system, but also you biggest critics. We spend the cash that makes the great green world go round. Ignore the filthy masses at your own peril.
JFC... Bring on the guy who called us NPCs earlier, 'cause I'm about to say I can't even. The "filthy masses" are perfectly okay with Jennika, in case you haven't noticed. Some (myself included) are cautiously optimistic but we're still interested. The issue where she mutated sold like hot cakes, which I guess motivated or directly determined the existence of this mini. You're the only person making a fuss here about this whole thing. Calm down, relax, see where this takes us before you resort to such dire pessimism. The ongoing guessing game some of us have here is about the fate of characters in the comic, not about the fall of Western civilization because someone created a female mutant turtle.
Old 11-16-2019, 06:10 AM   #78
Vegita-San
Emperor

anti sjw is a good thing.

but, if that's what they wants, then Twitter is the right place for that kind of echo chamber.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 06:15 AM   #79
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
anti sjw is a good thing.
Correct. But any agenda pushed too hard only undermines itself in the long term.
Old 11-16-2019, 06:58 AM   #80
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Do you not hear how fascist you sound when you say “yeah it’s good to be against social justice”, which includes things like civil rights and equal treatment

smh I just ****ing can’t sometimes
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
soylent green is people!