The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 04-05-2011, 10:06 PM   #161
Koi
Mad Scientist

Hyper evolution from ooze sounds just as stupid.
Koi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 10:06 PM   #162
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
as opposed to ooze that makes a normal animal smarter mutate into a humanoid and have the ability to talk and learn martial arts?
Correct. An ooze that evolves you from your current state is quantifiably less stupid than an ooze that morphs you into any random lifeform you touch (and where does the line even get drawn on that? if you touch an amoeba, do you morph into Amoeba-Man after touching some Fred Wolf mutagen? it's stupid, folks, I'm sorry).
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 10:11 PM   #163
Koi
Mad Scientist

It makes a crap load more sense the hybrid way. A damn animal getting mutated from ooze, turning into a more evolved species, would act and be moronic walking animals.

At least if a human got turned into a rat, you could say you had past knowledge, and taught it to the damn turtles.

But seriously though... it is just a cartoon.
Old 04-05-2011, 10:15 PM   #164
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
It makes a crap load more sense the hybrid way. A damn animal getting mutated from ooze, turning into a more evolved species, would act and be moronic walking animals.

At least if a human got turned into a rat, you could say you had past knowledge, and taught it to the damn turtles.

But seriously though... it is just a cartoon.
Or a comic book

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 10:16 PM   #165
Koi
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Or a comic book
Or a movie.
Old 04-05-2011, 10:18 PM   #166
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Every time someone uses "evolve" in place of "mutate" Darwin kicks a kitten. Evolution =/= Advancement.

Maybe I'm the only one who grew up with "The Rats of NIHM," but I see no problem what so ever with animals achieving a human level of intelligence and cognition due to SCIENCE! and teching the tech.

I can buy the alien radioactive waste giving "simple" creatures advancements beyond others of their species. Having it turn a person into an animal was always an illogical stretch for me for some reason.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 10:22 PM   #167
Roseangelo
Emperor

It was not at all specified how the ooze works, so there's really no need to jump to conclusions and get all upset about said conclusions.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 10:22 PM   #168
Kendamu
Sewerhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Ooze that you touch after touching an ant that morphs you into Ant-Man is inherently stupid. I'm sorry.
Wearing spandex and fighting crime is stupid but I still eat it up!
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 10:27 PM   #169
Ninjinister
無問題

Where is this kung-fu s**t coming from, this is the second time I've seen it mentioned today, and I can't remember any kung-fu in TMNT except maybe a couple of one-off mentions on an action figure or two.
Old 04-05-2011, 10:29 PM   #170
Koi
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Every time someone uses "evolve" in place of "mutate" Darwin kicks a kitten. Evolution =/= Advancement. .
I was going by what Andrew said, since I haven't read the comics and I don't know crap about how it all worked.

I can see what you are talking about though. Thinking about it all like Secret of NIHM makes a little more sense, I don't know how speech would work though. I haven't watched Secret of NIHM in years, but didn't scientists work on the rats, and they had years with their more advance knowledge before becoming intellectuals?
Old 04-05-2011, 10:32 PM   #171
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ninjinister View Post
Where is this kung-fu s**t coming from, this is the second time I've seen it mentioned today, and I can't remember any kung-fu in TMNT except maybe a couple of one-off mentions on an action figure or two.
Um...I can't spell ninjitzu...is that right?

Old 04-05-2011, 10:42 PM   #172
CyberCubed
Overlord

The new movie is an entirely separate continuity and will be based on the comics.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 10:47 PM   #173
sdp
-

Honestly I have no problem with any of what was shown besides The Kraang, but that can easily be fixed by just calling them rogue Utroms and Krang (or Ch'rell) as the leader. I think people are indeed nerdraging over all the little details.

Questions I still have unanswered:
What are the mutants that The Kraang are making like? humanoid mutants like the OT or just "creepy" versions of what they mutated like S4 of 2k3?
Is the turtles lair a sewer?
What is the color of Splinters fur?
did you guys that went complain about The Kraangs?
So shredder is badass looking, but he's not over the top "you can't even see him" like 2k3 shredder right? He looks human right and not just armor?
Did Playmates show an April figure?

Last edited by sdp; 04-05-2011 at 11:22 PM.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 10:49 PM   #174
FearlessLeader
Mad Scientist

You will have to excuse me as I have gotten a bit confused. Is it confirmed that Splinter's daughter will be showing up as part of the cast of the show or is everyone just taking a guess at what her identity will be?

I personally would prefer her to be a new original character, because I would like to for once see Karai be closer to her Mirage self.

Artwork by Jim Lawson
FearlessLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 10:50 PM   #175
CyberCubed
Overlord

Yeah, I prefer they call them Utrom. And if the real Krang shows up, he is Krang.

Otherwise its pointless. A bunch of random blobs working for Shredder? That's still not THE Krang, and thus its not like they're using his character.

I'm also utterly shocked that Nick made no mention of Bebop/Rocksteady so far. You'd think they'd be some of the first villains confirmed.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 10:52 PM   #176
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reira View Post
You will have to excuse me as I have gotten a bit confused. Is it confirmed that Splinter's daughter will be showing up as part of the cast of the show or is everyone just taking a guess at what her identity will be?

I personally would prefer her to be a new original character, because I would like to for once see Karai be closer to her Mirage self.
Everything regarding Hamato Jane is fan speculating.

Old 04-05-2011, 10:52 PM   #177
Roseangelo
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reira View Post

She is most definitely not part of the (announced) cast. Again, people are annoyingly jumping to conclusions.

Honestly, I got the feeling that she was dead and just part of the past that Splinter left behind in Japan.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 10:56 PM   #178
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
She is most definitely not part of the (announced) cast. Again, people are annoyingly jumping to conclusions.

Honestly, I got the feeling that she was dead and just part of the past that Splinter left behind in Japan.
I don't think they'd bring her up if that was the case...well maybe...if only to add to the "Yoshi and Saki are mortal enemies" angle.

Old 04-05-2011, 10:56 PM   #179
Donnie
Something from the Past

Quote:
Um...I can't spell ninjitzu...is that right?
Lol, you're the man Jester. It's ninjitsu, but no worries! None of their weapons are even kosher for ninjitsu except the bo staff...I think.

plastron, as much as I admire your shout out to the man himself, Charles Darwin, I doubt he would care about us TMNT lovers arguing about which method of mutation jives the best. But I'm with you...it's all about science.

Rose, why do you get annoyed so easily at speculation? People are going to jump to conclusions with this stuff. You've all pretty much just bombed the entire TMNT universe with all of this information. Not everybody waits for the facts, unfortunately. You're dealing with (and myself included) many major fan boys and fan girls.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 11:00 PM   #180
Koi
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I don't think they'd bring her up if that was the case...well maybe...if only to add to the "Yoshi and Saki are mortal enemies" angle.
If Saki killed Yoshi's little girl. I think it would work well in that angle. I am really tired of added characters though, so I hope she is kind of just a dead past character. Maybe to be used in a filler episode on the past or something.

Tags
2k12, nick