The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 02-26-2020, 12:58 PM   #121
IMJ
Emperor

The Animatrix is still terrific.
There used to be a great soundtrack Easter Egg on the Animatrix DVD, but for some reason I can't pull off the Easter Egg on my OPPO UDP-203. Sucks too because it's a great soundtrack and it would be encoded in high def sound when played via the DVD.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 03:24 PM   #122
CyberCubed
Overlord

It's kind of ironic back in 1999 the internet and virtual reality aren't anything like they are now in 2020. As said, they still had the old flip-top cell phones in 1999. Now everything The Matrix did is almost invented in real life now, aside from full blown virtual reality simulators.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 09:01 AM   #124
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Confirmed that filming HAS resumed:

https://www.darkhorizons.com/frozen-...r-trek-4-talk/
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 06:17 PM   #125
AquaParade
Banned

I'm pretty curious about this! I have no expectations but I really enjoy the first film as well as the animatrix. I think whatever they do will be interesting enough for at least one viewing.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 11:24 PM   #126
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Fishburne was "not invited" to be a part of Matrix 4.

https://www.darkhorizons.com/fishbur...-the-matrix-4/
Old 08-17-2020, 11:36 PM   #127
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post

Guess he wasn't trans enough for them.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 11:44 PM   #128
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:

That is a real tragedy. He was as much a backbone star of that series as Reeves was. But if you ask me that means that this movie is going to be more of a handoff to a new cast.

I remember that the Matrix Online game somehow continued the story in canon - I remember a commercial for it where Morpheus says something like "The machines ended the war but why won't they give us Neo's body?" or something like that.

I'd love a short synopsis of what that was all about and whether or not it will be recognized in this new movie. My guess is that Neo will be some kind of mentor program like the Oracle was for him.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 01:12 AM   #129
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Guess he wasn't trans enough for them.
Black male isn't doing it anymore. If only the "peaceful protests" had started before this started production.

Surprising, though. We have Neo, Trinity and Morpheus from the original trilogy. At the end of said trilogy, Morpheus is the only one still alive... and he's the only one not in part 4. I'm still wondering if they're going to go the "Matrix within the Matrix" route. Like, maybe Neo and Trinity are the only ones in it because after having "died" they're now in another Matrix. Though that wouldn't explain how Jada Pinkett is in it as the same character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
That is a real tragedy. He was as much a backbone star of that series as Reeves was. But if you ask me that means that this movie is going to be more of a handoff to a new cast.
Could be. The production photos and such seem to be shielding that so far.

Quote:
I remember that the Matrix Online game somehow continued the story in canon - I remember a commercial for it where Morpheus says something like "The machines ended the war but why won't they give us Neo's body?" or something like that.

I'd love a short synopsis of what that was all about and whether or not it will be recognized in this new movie.
I've read the Wiki on it. Things got pretty convoluted so I'm not surprised at all that none of that will be canon in the 4th movie. Yeah, there were rumblings about Neo's body, so people figured the machines would resurrect him somehow. Nothing ever came of it.

On the other hand, the game did have Morpheus getting killed be a big part of things. Maybe it IS being honored, to some extent?

Quote:
My guess is that Neo will be some kind of mentor program like the Oracle was for him.
Maybe... but we see on-set stuff of him riding a motorcycle with Trinity. Well, we see him "riding bitch" with Trinity on a motorcycle.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 08-18-2020 at 01:17 AM.
Old 08-18-2020, 08:14 AM   #130
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:

THAT is some top-level bull$hit.
Old 08-18-2020, 11:43 AM   #131
Sumac
Banned

Guess, he is not woke enough for Wacky Bros. anymore.

Also, considering wooden dialogues and somewhat lack of charisma in Neo and Trinity, Morpheus was basically carrying a lot of moments and delivered the best gravitas in the movies.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 05:27 PM   #132
sdp
-

If the story doesn't need Morpheus then it's ok, if it feels like a cheap excuse to write him out then I'll be mad, he's the one that should be there, I'm not happy with Neo/Trinity returning but if it works I'm up for it. I really wish this had been a reboot set in the past or future without any of the original cast, so many great stories and world building in the Matrix, Neo's story was finished. Still excited until we see the actual product, here are my thoughts on what I want from a matrix reboot.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 01:24 PM   #133
Sumac
Banned

The whole thing feels like an attempt of Wack Bro to make some cash out of past fame.

After seeing...this thing, that was once one of the Wachowski brothers, I am pessimistic about the quality of the movie.
Old 08-19-2020, 04:52 PM   #134
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
After seeing...this thing, that was once one of the Wachowski brothers, I am pessimistic about the quality of the movie.
He/she is still a human being, don't be so rude

Frankly, I think the first one was great, a milestone of its era; the second one was ok but it had great action scenes; the third one was not interesting. I have really no expectations for this fourth one, I just hope it's better than the third.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 05:07 PM   #135
sdp
-

The wachowski's were always weirdo's, I don't care that's what made the original so awesome, the way they thought and saw things and I don't think that has changed too much. I just hope that whatever mix made the original so good is in this one, sequels were let downs and other wachowski projects have been let downs as well even if they have cool ideas. I'm guessing the right amount of wachowski's + external factors made the original so great and I hope that can be recreated, but we're already one wachowski down..
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 11:23 AM   #136
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
He/she is still a human being, don't be so rude
From a biological point of view you are correct, he is still a human being.

Wack Bros. haven't created anything after Matrix which'd cause the same reaction. Which makes me feel that original movie was a "lightning in a bottle" and there is no use in trying to replicate it.
Old 08-20-2020, 01:26 PM   #137
Leo656
The Franchise

They did still make a few good movies, but yeah, I notice nothing really became part of the "zeitgeist" (pbbbbbth ) the way "The Matrix" did.

I suspect that it just originally came out at the right time. With the Internet becoming a huge thing and computers being in every single person's home for the first time ever, anything to do with that sort of thing was a huge point of fascination. One of my computer science teachers had us watch it during an off-week and was all like "This is going to be the reality in about 20 years!" Even video game console developers were touting their then-primitive modems and online functionality as "letting you jack into The Matrix". I feel like the first movie just came out at just the right moment, where society was becoming more integrated with technology and the fascination of "Man and Machine become One" kinda thing was at its peak. Even the sequels didn't come close to getting the attention the first did, which supports my theory somewhat.

There's also the public's fascination with CGI, also at a peak right around that time, before everyone figured out that CGI looks like sh*t. But yeah, that was something else my computer science teacher was raving about, how much of the movie was computer-generated effects and how that, too, was going to be "the future". Which did kind of come to pass; the whole "living in a virtually-simulated world 24/7" thing, not so much, but "People being perfectly happy to ignore fake-looking SFX just because they came out of someone's keyboard," then yeah, they were spot-on with that.

I'unno, I never really cared for any of 'em. CGI never impresses me, and I didn't smoke pot back then so all the half-baked philosophical stuff didn't hook me either. All I took from the first one was "This goofy sci-fi flick is gonna be a huge boon to the leather trenchcoat and Ray-Bans industry", and didn't really give it much thought after that. Never bothered with the sequels.

Come to think of it, I haven't really seen a lot of Wachowski movies. But you can call me an extreme minority and say that "The Matrix" is my least-favorite of the ones I HAVE seen. I know that's not a popular thing to admit but I'unno, I probably just wasn't in any way the audience for it. ((Shrug))

Like, among the friends I had at that time, the huge Matrix fans were all the huge stoners, and they mostly sat around talking about "Like duuuuude, what if we're IN The Matrix, like... RIGHT NOW, though?" : We all knew at least one, right?

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 05:52 PM   #138
Sumac
Banned

Matrix and its sequels were extremely influential on me, back in the day. This is why it is so sad seeing its creators going completely wackos.

But when you strip style out of it, it is basically regurgitated generic cyberpunk story. Style / CGI is the only think that it has going for it.
Old 08-20-2020, 08:24 PM   #139
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Wake me up when they announce a Speed Racer 2.
Old 08-20-2020, 09:53 PM   #140
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
Wake me up when they announce a Speed Racer 2.
I know, right? Why isn't that film more popular? They nailed it.