The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2019, 03:39 PM   #461
Dane E5R
Mad Scientist
 
Dane E5R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Topeka, Kansas
Posts: 1,599
Has anyone gotten theirs yet? Let’s see some pictures!
__________________
http://www.luckyusshow.com
Dane E5R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 03:46 PM   #462
Coro
Mad Scientist
 
Coro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO USA
Posts: 1,947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane E5R View Post
Has anyone gotten theirs yet? Let’s see some pictures!
Crap sorry man...

I call this piece "Money cannot buy...enough copy toner".

and Yes my man cave is STILL under construction

__________________
SuperChadMonkey
Space Monkey Toys
http://www.SpaceMonkeyToys.com/
Email: SuperChadMonkey@SpaceMonkeyToys.com
Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 07:34 PM   #463
easyemoney
Random Punk
 
easyemoney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coro View Post
Crap sorry man...

I call this piece "Money cannot buy...enough copy toner".

and Yes my man cave is STILL under construction

https://i.imgur.com/gXxRZ3hl.jpg
look's great!
easyemoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 12:54 PM   #464
raphfan84
Stone Warrior
 
raphfan84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Winston-Salem NC.
Posts: 624
Just wanted to give a big thanks to Space Monkey Toys! Figure looks awesome as well as the packing in the box was done right! Highly recommend getting your figures from here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg F06CDFC7-1478-4766-8C59-150BE87CCCC7.jpg (14.5 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg DF72791D-A3C2-46E8-8846-689BD7E479FE.jpg (13.9 KB, 31 views)
__________________
raphfan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 12:56 PM   #465
raphfan84
Stone Warrior
 
raphfan84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Winston-Salem NC.
Posts: 624
Quote:
Originally Posted by raphfan84 View Post
Just wanted to give a big thanks to Space Monkey Toys! Figure looks awesome as well as the packing in the box was done right! Highly recommend getting your figures from here.
Sorry on how the pics loaded up, not how I thought it would turn out.
__________________
raphfan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 01:08 PM   #466
Shogun26
Mad Scientist
 
Shogun26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: under my bed
Posts: 2,144
Got my shredder! Thanks Chad!
Shogun26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 06:48 AM   #467
Coro
Mad Scientist
 
Coro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO USA
Posts: 1,947
Quote:
Originally Posted by raphfan84 View Post
Just wanted to give a big thanks to Space Monkey Toys! Figure looks awesome as well as the packing in the box was done right! Highly recommend getting your figures from here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogun26 View Post
Got my shredder! Thanks Chad!
Awesome! Thanks for still supporting SMT! Glad they are starting to make it!
__________________
SuperChadMonkey
Space Monkey Toys
http://www.SpaceMonkeyToys.com/
Email: SuperChadMonkey@SpaceMonkeyToys.com
Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 08:29 AM   #468
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist
 
RaphaelinSTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 1,041
These Shredder photos are great! After two years of waiting, the Shred Head is finally on his way for delivery today. Looking forward to checking out how this figure looks in person.
__________________
RaphaelinSTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 02:36 PM   #469
cloud
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 643
Looks awesome. I really need to get a 2nd figure.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 03:36 PM   #470
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist
 
RaphaelinSTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 1,041


"You fight well ... in the old style ... but you've caused me enough trouble. Now you face ... the Shredder."
__________________
RaphaelinSTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 11:21 AM   #471
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist
 
RaphaelinSTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 1,041
Yikes! Be careful with how you pose Shredder!

He's taken a few forward tumbles and a spike from his left shin guard and right shoulder pad have come off already. Thankfully, they go back in pretty snug and aren't very loose unless you're fiddling around with that particular spike too much. Gonna super glue them back just to be 100% safe.

Be advised!

Regardless, I can't stop admiring this figure. I'm so thankful NECA made this.
__________________
RaphaelinSTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 10:05 AM   #472
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist
 
RaphaelinSTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 1,041


Sorry for the triple post ... but had to share another photo of how great these Turtles look next to Shredder ... yet also have to seriously complain once again.

WHAT IN THE F*** IS THE ISSUE WITH STANDING THIS FIGURE? I read some issues about the Foot Soldier having issues about being standing up properly, but my god ... it seems like he continues to fall forward no matter how I stand the figure up properly. Now I REALLY am going to have to get some super glue with his blades as he fell on his left shoulder and four blades popped out and will need to be placed back in securely. Thank GOD that the sculpt allowed for placement back in, but this is ungodly ridiculous how much this figure just can't stand on his own. I can't recall any NECA 1/4th scale figures having this many issues of being able to stand still securely.

Since my girlfriend and I work remotely a lot of the time from home, we need to get a new corner workstation for our spare room and I've been admiring the IKEA MICKE (especially since it's on sale) and I was hoping to place all five figures a top of the station to finally give them a proper home ... but man, that worries me even more with him toppling over so much. I could always look into the figure stands they sell as well.

Maybe it's just my frustration talking right now, but it almost kind of hampers my enjoyment of this 1/4th scale series now since I know I'll eventually want to pick up the Shredder and a few Foot Clan members in the 7" scale since those are guaranteed to be released via retail down the line.

Thankfully, I was able to save up enough Amazon credits when purchasing these to get some money off as well as getting Donatello as a gift too ... but with all the money spent on these ... now getting the smaller, much more posable figures based off the 1990 film, I'm wondering if I'm feeling a little butt-hurt with my 1/4th scale collection. Again, I'm probably just ranting based on having to ensure I super glue the Shred head's blades back on ... but are 1/4th collectors almost considering getting rid of these guys in favor of the smaller scale? Of course, there's nothing wrong with having both. Sadly, I guess I'm just a little upset at how much this has frustrated me after two years on anticipation.
__________________

Last edited by RaphaelinSTL; 06-07-2019 at 10:16 AM.
RaphaelinSTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 10:35 AM   #473
Sharman
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: UK
Posts: 38
Man, the 1/4 figures look great. Sadly they are not on sale over here which makes the cost even more prohibitive!
Sharman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 10:42 AM   #474
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist
 
RaphaelinSTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 1,041
Totally agreed on the fact of how awesome they look! They really do capture people's attention when they walk into our spare room and I do REALLY enjoy them, but I think now I'm realizing two cups of coffee and anger at things breaking off this expensive figure made me all huffy-puffy.
__________________
RaphaelinSTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 01:19 AM   #475
Undefin3d87
Mouser
 
Undefin3d87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Toronto
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL View Post
https://i.imgur.com/UKxeZF5.png

Sorry for the triple post ... but had to share another photo of how great these Turtles look next to Shredder ... yet also have to seriously complain once again.

WHAT IN THE F*** IS THE ISSUE WITH STANDING THIS FIGURE? I read some issues about the Foot Soldier having issues about being standing up properly, but my god ... it seems like he continues to fall forward no matter how I stand the figure up properly. Now I REALLY am going to have to get some super glue with his blades as he fell on his left shoulder and four blades popped out and will need to be placed back in securely. Thank GOD that the sculpt allowed for placement back in, but this is ungodly ridiculous how much this figure just can't stand on his own. I can't recall any NECA 1/4th scale figures having this many issues of being able to stand still securely.

Since my girlfriend and I work remotely a lot of the time from home, we need to get a new corner workstation for our spare room and I've been admiring the IKEA MICKE (especially since it's on sale) and I was hoping to place all five figures a top of the station to finally give them a proper home ... but man, that worries me even more with him toppling over so much. I could always look into the figure stands they sell as well.

Maybe it's just my frustration talking right now, but it almost kind of hampers my enjoyment of this 1/4th scale series now since I know I'll eventually want to pick up the Shredder and a few Foot Clan members in the 7" scale since those are guaranteed to be released via retail down the line.

Thankfully, I was able to save up enough Amazon credits when purchasing these to get some money off as well as getting Donatello as a gift too ... but with all the money spent on these ... now getting the smaller, much more posable figures based off the 1990 film, I'm wondering if I'm feeling a little butt-hurt with my 1/4th scale collection. Again, I'm probably just ranting based on having to ensure I super glue the Shred head's blades back on ... but are 1/4th collectors almost considering getting rid of these guys in favor of the smaller scale? Of course, there's nothing wrong with having both. Sadly, I guess I'm just a little upset at how much this has frustrated me after two years on anticipation.
Perhaps you should invest in a figure stand
Undefin3d87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 09:20 AM   #476
AquaParade
Big Boss
 
AquaParade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,408
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL View Post
https://i.imgur.com/UKxeZF5.png

Sorry for the triple post ... but had to share another photo of how great these Turtles look next to Shredder ... yet also have to seriously complain once again.

WHAT IN THE F*** IS THE ISSUE WITH STANDING THIS FIGURE? I read some issues about the Foot Soldier having issues about being standing up properly, but my god ... it seems like he continues to fall forward no matter how I stand the figure up properly. Now I REALLY am going to have to get some super glue with his blades as he fell on his left shoulder and four blades popped out and will need to be placed back in securely. Thank GOD that the sculpt allowed for placement back in, but this is ungodly ridiculous how much this figure just can't stand on his own. I can't recall any NECA 1/4th scale figures having this many issues of being able to stand still securely.

Since my girlfriend and I work remotely a lot of the time from home, we need to get a new corner workstation for our spare room and I've been admiring the IKEA MICKE (especially since it's on sale) and I was hoping to place all five figures a top of the station to finally give them a proper home ... but man, that worries me even more with him toppling over so much. I could always look into the figure stands they sell as well.

Maybe it's just my frustration talking right now, but it almost kind of hampers my enjoyment of this 1/4th scale series now since I know I'll eventually want to pick up the Shredder and a few Foot Clan members in the 7" scale since those are guaranteed to be released via retail down the line.

Thankfully, I was able to save up enough Amazon credits when purchasing these to get some money off as well as getting Donatello as a gift too ... but with all the money spent on these ... now getting the smaller, much more posable figures based off the 1990 film, I'm wondering if I'm feeling a little butt-hurt with my 1/4th scale collection. Again, I'm probably just ranting based on having to ensure I super glue the Shred head's blades back on ... but are 1/4th collectors almost considering getting rid of these guys in favor of the smaller scale? Of course, there's nothing wrong with having both. Sadly, I guess I'm just a little upset at how much this has frustrated me after two years on anticipation.
I love the detail and sculpt of Saki’s hands.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 10:07 AM   #477
Turnstone
Hench Mutant
 
Turnstone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 269
If you put both the 7” and the 1/4 scale side by side, it feels like a step down (minus articulation) to just have the 7”. The 1/4 ones really look insanely real and have the detail that the 7” ones don’t. Worth the space and money.
Turnstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 02:57 PM   #478
cloud
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 643
Happy to say I found a good deal on Ebay and ordered 2 Shredder. The downside is that it's shipping from Hong Kong. Here's hope it's not a scam.... And the wait won't be too long
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 03:13 PM   #479
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist
 
RaphaelinSTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 1,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undefin3d87 View Post
Perhaps you should invest in a figure stand
Thankfully since last Friday’s goofy freak out he has been standing well on his own ... but I totally am going to invest in one for sure.
RaphaelinSTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 05:17 PM   #480
Coro
Mad Scientist
 
Coro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO USA
Posts: 1,947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undefin3d87 View Post
Perhaps you should invest in a figure stand
Since we are talking about stands...whats a good 1/4 scale stand to keep an eye out for? I dont mind waiting for something to be in stock, but if I can carry something in the store, or just get a few for myself that would be nice.

I found great 1/6th scale stands, but what do you use for 1/4 scale?
__________________
SuperChadMonkey
Space Monkey Toys
http://www.SpaceMonkeyToys.com/
Email: SuperChadMonkey@SpaceMonkeyToys.com
Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.