The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 07-25-2019, 01:17 PM   #561
AquaParade
Big Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
How??? The fact they're bring back most of the same people involved with the first two films shows they probably didn't learn anything. If anything it'll likely be just the same quality wise.

Also it's always best to take anything Eastman says with a massive dose of salt. This was the same guy saying we'd get fight scenes similar to The Raid.
First off, you and Galactus both make great points about Kevin Eastman. He's not a very reliable source in that way.

Secondly, my belief is based on past history in Hollywood.

The same studio that put out the unspeakable X-Men Origins: Wolverine also released the inventive Logan and Deadpool films.

The same studio that created the disaster, Spider-Man 3, also released the renowned Spider-Man 2.

The same studio that released The Dark Knight released Justice League.

We've seen the same studios, and even directors, create something both terrible and loveable within the span of a few years, time and time again. It's also worth mentioning that Michael Bay, Andrew Form, and Brad fuller, the men producing these films, also produced "A Quiet Place" - one of the best reviewed films of last year.

"The same team behind The horrible TMNT films is also responsible for "A Quiet Place"?!"
Yes. It just goes to show you. (For the record, I'm not a humongous fan of A Quiet Place, but I don't think I need to argue that it's, by far, a higher quality film than the PD TMNT films, right?)

Sure it could suck, but I think it's overly cynical to assume that is the only possible outcome, based on what I've listed above.

Last edited by AquaParade; 07-25-2019 at 01:30 PM.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 11:18 PM   #562
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
How many grains of salt should I take it with...? I don't even know anymore. I'm guessing this probably came up in the same conversation where the thought of a live action show came up?

Funny that it's still being spoke about as if we haven't already known for more than a year that something is being planned.
What the heck does Eastman mean by "next level type of stuff"?
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 07:14 AM   #563
AquaParade
Big Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
It's a good question, but all I can really take from his statement is that he was impressed by what he saw.

I mean, in a sense, the Platinum Dunes films were "next level" for the TMNT. The execution was botched, but there is no denying that we had never seen the TMNT imagined in such a way, graphically speaking. I remember Kevin saying something similar back before those films came out, and I think he was right, even though, again, the movies were poor.

Now that we've already seen the turtles brought to life as expensive CGI creations, it's hard to imagine what he'd refer to as being "next level". If I had to take a wild guess, I'd say maybe they're trying to build out an expanded universe (hope not), or going the Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse animation route. The animation idea is one I could especially see being touted as "next level", not to mention, in an interview earlier this year, Kevin said he'd like to see the next film be an edgier, animated film. Again, we know Kevin isn't a great source when it comes to whether or not fans are going to enjoy an upcoming TMNT project, but it's very possible he knows a thing or two and is slipping hints out there to gauge the reaction.
Old 07-26-2019, 09:24 AM   #564
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Hm... suits and CGI combined? Or, knowing PD, maybe just bigger spectacle. Hmm.

Although, after those two films, heck, better quality writing and story concept would itself be next level. That I could definitely go for.

The bothers themselves were pretty good in OotS, imo, and I like that film for them, so I hope anything new will likewise give that aspect (their personalities and interactions with each other) the focus they deserve...but the allover story of OotS is so poor and such wasted potential. Like it ended up half-assed written in a rush to get a script so they could start filming.

Whatever it ends up being, I hope it is not fully animated. Would be a bit disappointed, to be honest. While I love it in animation in tv series or specials like that TMNT/Batman movie, I 100% prefer them live action and feeling real on the big screen as that's the only place we're bound to ever actually get that; doubtful Netflix daydreams aside. (The PD boys may not be the prettiest Turtles, not to mention absurdly large and bullet proof, but they did at least manage to make them believable enough to accept that they're existing in the real world on screen. Minus the bulletproof part.)

Last edited by IndigoErth; 07-26-2019 at 09:32 AM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 09:30 AM   #565
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
What he always means when he says stuff like that. Meaningless.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 10:46 AM   #566
AquaParade
Big Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Hm... suits and CGI combined? Or, knowing PD, maybe just bigger spectacle. Hmm.

Although, after those two films, heck, better quality writing and story concept would itself be next level. That I could definitely go for.

The bothers themselves were pretty good in OotS, imo, and I like that film for them, so I hope anything new will likewise give that aspect (their personalities and interactions with each other) the focus they deserve...but the allover story of OotS is so poor and such wasted potential. Like it ended up half-assed written in a rush to get a script so they could start filming.

Whatever it ends up being, I hope it is not fully animated. Would be a bit disappointed, to be honest. While I love it in animation in tv series or specials like that TMNT/Batman movie, I 100% prefer them live action and feeling real on the big screen as that's the only place we're bound to ever actually get that; doubtful Netflix daydreams aside. (The PD boys may not be the prettiest Turtles, not to mention absurdly large and bullet proof, but they did at least manage to make them believable enough to accept that they're existing in the real world on screen. Minus the bulletproof part.)
I know what you mean. Animation is a great medium, but it doesn't at all scratch the itch of live action.

I don't know if it was ever brought up, but Kevin said that during the production of the PD films, they did have talks with Henson, but it didn't work out.

Tags
just.. why?, kill me now, papenbrook the troll, thedefinitionofinsanity, vote of no confidence