The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2018, 11:14 AM   #141
AquaParade
Big Boss
 
AquaParade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,408
Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
If I am so close to a ban where is my warning?

I *lost* money on my last sale here. Most of my income is garnered on eBay or on the Facebook groups. It is EXTREMELY rare for me to do a sale on here anymore. I really only come here for updates on new products being released or to look at new customs people have done. If I were to be banned, I could still read the threads here. I wouldn't be inconvenienced in the least. If you're so sure I am close to a ban then get me banned, or try and fail like tmntfannumerouno did at one point.
Whatever you say.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 11:19 AM   #142
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored
 
***First of Two Latin Kings***'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Farm That Time Forgot
Posts: 8,774
I'm tired of how condescending you are, but this isn't really the place for arguing.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets



International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 11:26 AM   #143
AquaParade
Big Boss
 
AquaParade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,408
Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
I'm tired of how condescending you are, but this isn't really the place for arguing.
It's not, but I'm going to point out that yesterday you posted in the other Neca figure thread, literally insulting me and another poster when I haven't said a word to you in months. You just threw out an insult because you felt like it. I had no interest in a new feud with you.

Petty and childish. That earns a condescending tone.

Edit: Anyways, I imagine you're as ready to end this as I am. Retaliate if you must, but I am finished.

Apologies to everyone having to sift through this.

Last edited by AquaParade; 12-13-2018 at 02:05 PM.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 02:43 PM   #144
Discogod
Resolutely Analogue.
 
Discogod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Birmingham, UK
Posts: 1,616
Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
Leaving one letter out doesn't prevent us from knowing what you meant. You really need a ban.
You need a bloody good pasting, but sadly we can't always get what we want.
Discogod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 02:45 PM   #145
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored
 
***First of Two Latin Kings***'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Farm That Time Forgot
Posts: 8,774
You're apologizing to those who have to sift through this when you and several others did nothing but bash me throughout this entire thread as well as several other threads. All I have done is talk about how grateful I am for the high quality of these products since selling stuff like this is my only source of income and the rest of you have in turn treated me as a whipping boy because that's what these boards have always been about-- people who grew up being bullied by others finally being able to play the bully. Any moderator who banned me would simply make me a martyr at this point.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets



International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 02:58 PM   #146
AquaParade
Big Boss
 
AquaParade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,408
Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
You're apologizing to those who have to sift through this when you and several others did nothing but bash me throughout this entire thread as well as several other threads. All I have done is talk about how grateful I am for the high quality of these products since selling stuff like this is my only source of income and the rest of you have in turn treated me as a whipping boy because that's what these boards have always been about-- people who grew up being bullied by others finally being able to play the bully. Any moderator who banned me would simply make me a martyr at this point.
I'm sorry you feel that way, but unfortunately, it's not the case.

When you say "All I have done is talk about how grateful I am...", you're leaving out the part I mentioned above, where yesterday you said
Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
Certainly wiser than the two people who posted immediately after him.
referring to me, when I haven't spoken to you in months. You were stirring something up.

Do you still stand by "All I have done is be grateful"?

I don't even want to drag the conversation back months ago to accusations from myself and other members that you were gloating about how many figures you had scalped & sold, in an attempt to annoy those who couldn't get a set. I'm sure you'd tell me it's not true, you weren't gloating at all, you were just being grateful and you don't understand why that would annoy people, right?
It is what it is at this point.

So, I'm sorry you are coming from the perspective that 'All you have done is be grateful', but it just doesn't hold water. You may not think all the blame is on you, but when you play like you're the only victim, you've undermined your whole argument.

Yes, I said I was finished, but I changed my mind. To be honest, I think most people here would want you to hear this at this point. If not, so be it.

Again, no truly hard feelings, but I vehemently disagree with your stance and feel obligated to articulate why.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 03:04 PM   #147
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored
 
***First of Two Latin Kings***'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Farm That Time Forgot
Posts: 8,774
If I remember correctly, you were one of the people who explicitly said he would be glad if these were bootlegged.

I feel no sympathy for those of you who could easily do the same thing I do because we live in a country of opportunity but would rather just hate on someone like me and complain.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets



International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 03:06 PM   #148
AquaParade
Big Boss
 
AquaParade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,408
Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
If I remember correctly, you were one of the people who explicitly said he would be glad if these were bootlegged.

I feel no sympathy for those of you who could easily do the same thing I do because we live in a country of opportunity but would rather just hate on someone like me and complain.
You're changing the subject instead of addressing my response above.

I did say I would be glad if they were bootlegged. That was when they were still exclusive figures and we were under the impression that no more figures could be created or sold. So yeah, bootleg figures would have saved the day in that case, for many fans. Fans that wanted to buy figures the way Neca intended before you found a way to cheat the system.

But again, you've chosen to ignore the points I make, whereas I've responded to all of yours.

I've also noticed in all of your replies you have pity yourself. Whether it's "All I did was..." or "you hate on me and complain", etc. But the simple fact is, you tried to provoke me and other users yesterday, out of nowhere. I'll restate that every time you play the victim.

Last edited by AquaParade; 12-13-2018 at 03:12 PM.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 03:10 PM   #149
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored
 
***First of Two Latin Kings***'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Farm That Time Forgot
Posts: 8,774
If anyone was unable to get a set due to insufficient funds or a refusal to explore all viable avenues, that is not my fault.

Let me also state again that most of the people overseas who purchased these from me (even after the GameStop versions were announced) were unusually gracious towards me for the service I provided. I refuse to censor myself here for political correctness' sake. I get that most of you are Penny Pinchers but you don't represent all TMNT fans everywhere. That's the over-arching problem today unfortunately. MOST TMNT fans do not come here because this is a place where the minority censors the majority.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets



International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM

Last edited by ***First of Two Latin Kings***; 12-13-2018 at 03:17 PM.
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 03:20 PM   #150
AquaParade
Big Boss
 
AquaParade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,408
Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
If anyone was unable to get a set due to insufficient funds or a refusal to explore all viable avenues, that is not my fault.

Let me also state again that most of the people overseas who purchased these from me (even after the GameStop versions were announced) were unusually gracious towards me for the service I provided. I refuse to censor myself here for political correctness' sake. I get that most of you are Penny Pinchers but you don't represent all TMNT fans everywhere. That's the over-arching problem today unfortunately. MOST TMNT fans do not come here because this is a place where the minority censors the majority.
I'm sorry, but you played the innocent victim whilst provoking people and trying to start fights.

We just can't take anything you say seriously when you so blatantly contradict yourself.

Surely you can understand that reasoning.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 03:34 PM   #151
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,381
I love it that Latin Kings is playing the victim card here, when we've all seen his tacky bragging posts on how many 1990 sets he had gotten ahold of (and that's just the tip of the iceberg attitude). Honestly, the animosity against you is your own doing.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 04:18 PM   #152
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer
 
Autbot_Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ventura California
Posts: 5,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
I love it that Latin Kings is playing the victim card here, when we've all seen his tacky bragging posts on how many 1990 sets he had gotten ahold of (and that's just the tip of the iceberg attitude). Honestly, the animosity against you is your own doing.
ya he is a dick
__________________





I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 04:33 PM   #153
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 16,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
that's what these boards have always been about-- people who grew up being bullied by others finally being able to play the bully.
I have no skin in this game, but this made me laugh out loud because of how un-freakin-believably true it is. Just in general.

Carry on.
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 05:24 PM   #154
909 Turtle Fan
Hench Mutant
 
909 Turtle Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Eastbound & Down
Posts: 408
Being called out for constantly trolling in the toy section isnít bullying I donít think. And while Darth CJJ (not using your ďgangstarĒ name lol, which btw is another form of trolling) provides a very reliable service, Iíve bought stuff from him before, itís not cool to gloat and then deny/play innocent victim, and THEN get all sensitive when people tell you where you can stick it.
Heís either doing it on purpose or completely oblivious and one of those people that doesnít know how to read the room. Idk man.
It is the internet though I guess, so whateves.

Anyway I have the SDCC set that Iím keeping MOC, but I ordered a Leo cause heís awesome and I like how the katanas donít look too big like they do for the giant one. Iím also thinking about picking up a Raph that will be used to make an undercover/disguise figure,
just in case NECA chooses to ignore my suggestion of a movie trench coat Raph/Casey Jones con set.
__________________
"Infinite possibilities have been opened to me thanks to this...Technodrome."-Ch'rell aka The Shredder, Turtles Forever

"Breath in the smoke, Oroku Saki, and meditate. Open your mind and all will become clear."-Kitsune, SHotFC #3

"You know what, you're not Leonardo, you're a member of the foot clan. you are a foot clan member! you're not just a member, you're Danny! you're that punk b*tch Danny!"
-Adam, workaholics, teenage mutant ninja roommates
909 Turtle Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 07:13 PM   #155
slaysghosts
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
selling stuff like this is my only source of income
Been watching and listening for a while...just curious to help my understanding of where you are coming from:

Do you have a business w/ a tax ID # or a store front? Are you an authorized dealer for NECA toys or any other company?

Again, just simply curious, you seem to get a lot of (negative) attention here.
__________________
Welcome to the toy and collectible discussion!

Do yourself a favor: Bookmark this page ---> Click Here

Also, a lot of people have obnoxiously large signatures and you'll get use to it.
slaysghosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 08:11 AM   #156
AquaParade
Big Boss
 
AquaParade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,408
Quote:
Originally Posted by slaysghosts View Post
Been watching and listening for a while...just curious to help my understanding of where you are coming from:

Do you have a business w/ a tax ID # or a store front? Are you an authorized dealer for NECA toys or any other company?

Again, just simply curious, you seem to get a lot of (negative) attention here.
He has an eBay store. Neca had a “two per person” rule, which he violated using alternative methods, in order to re-sell the figures on his store.

No one would have said anything but he chose to gloat and smear it in the faces of everyone on the forum who were dying to get a set. He teased, poked, and tried to aggravate other members (still doing this months later) He was called out for doing it several times and threw a fit about being bullied.

Fortunately, the sets are now widely available through GameStop, leaving him less income for the figures he scalped and generally looking like a fool. He’ll deny it.

He claims if you don’t want to pay his high price, you’re a “penny pincher”, yet he is he one attempting to pinch pennies by buying and re-selling then at a premium price. Also something about how he doesn’t have to be “politically correct”.... not sure what that’s about.

I don’t want to destroy his source of income, even if it is a bit slimy, but he has chosen to tease and bully other users with trolling, which is leading to all the backlash against him you see now. He feels bad for himself about it.

He’s got a victim-complex and a lack of debate-logic. I’m sure he’s a nice guy in real life though.

That’s the long/short of it.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 08:15 AM   #157
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
I'm sorry, but you played the innocent victim whilst provoking people and trying to start fights.

We just can't take anything you say seriously when you so blatantly contradict yourself.

Surely you can understand that reasoning.
He's absolutely insane and I've had to block him on all social medial and here.
He harassed me when I wouldn't give him deals on things I was selling on eBay.
The reason I ended up blocking him was because he started making digs about my life choices and then went on about how I did something years ago about a Next Mutation figure (shows you how long ago that was) that I don't even remember doing.
Do yourselves a favor and just block the guy and you will do yourself and all of us a favor and there will be no interaction with ignorant fool trolls like this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
I’m sure he’s a nice guy in real life though.
It's nice of you to be an optimist but he's not.
He is truly a horrible person.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 08:20 AM   #158
AquaParade
Big Boss
 
AquaParade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,408
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughnMichael View Post
He's absolutely insane and I've had to block him on all social medial and here.
He harassed me when I wouldn't give him deals on things I was selling on eBay.
The reason I ended up blocking him was because he started making digs about my life choices and then went on about how I did something years ago about a Next Mutation figure (shows you how long ago that was) that I don't even remember doing.
Do yourselves a favor and just block the guy and you will do yourself and all of us a favor and there will be no interaction with ignorant fool trolls like this.

It's nice of you to be an optimist but he's not.
He is truly a horrible person.
Good advice. In fairness to others, Iíll probably take it at this point.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 10:39 AM   #159
d_osborn
Mad Scientist
 
d_osborn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,213
Had he not been such an obvious jerk on the forums, I probably would've bought from him a few times. Remember when he was "fixing" the Raph trench coats that were intentionally ragged from NECA? He wasn't disclosing this on eBay and selling them as new. Slimier than mutagen, I tell ya.

Coro is a much better option for ordering merch, if you want to give your business to fans.

Have any other bootlegs popped up? If they get inexpensive enough, imagine the cool customs!
d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 10:54 AM   #160
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored
 
***First of Two Latin Kings***'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Farm That Time Forgot
Posts: 8,774
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughnMichael View Post
He's absolutely insane and I've had to block him on all social medial and here.
He harassed me when I wouldn't give him deals on things I was selling on eBay.
The reason I ended up blocking him was because he started making digs about my life choices and then went on about how I did something years ago about a Next Mutation figure (shows you how long ago that was) that I don't even remember doing.

It's nice of you to be an optimist but he's not.
He is truly a horrible person.
Alright. You want to air dirty laundry? Let's do it.

About ten years ago Vaughn started listing his MOC collection on eBay. I was mostly a collector at the time and won quite a few of his items for low prices, among them his Next Mutation Thunder Thrashers figures. A mutual friend came to me because he thought I should know that Vaughn was talking about me behind my back because he was mad that the listings hadn't sold for more money. This person explained to Vaughn that his behavior was tacky and that it wasn't my fault that more people hadn't bid. Vaughn claims to have no memory of this but that doesn't mean it didn't happen.

I recently took a $50 loss on shipping to help a fan here who posted a want list in buying/selling/trading. I do give back to this community from time to time. When Vaughn was selling his Mondo figures, I thought he would be willing to cut me a deal to save eBay fees. "I won't end my eBay listings early, I love eBay" was his response despite posting many times here in the past how much he HATED eBay. Some of my frustration stemmed from the fact that I was trying to get just the accessories for the same mutual friend I referred to earlier, who is also a member of this community. I did in fact win both of his exclusive Donatello and Raphael figures-- and, I am sure if I compare my receipts with my offers to him made via Facebook, he would have come out ahead had he sold them to me directly. I did think maybe he bid his own auction up when Leo sky-rocketed. I should not have accused him of this but it just seemed strange that his Leo would go so high when Raphael and Donatello had sold so low.

If I am a horrible person than he is too. He is petty and dishonest. You guys may not like me but at least I tell you the truth.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets



International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.