The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 11-13-2015, 07:14 PM   #21
cloud
Stone Warrior

It was a reference thrown hinting the return of the Shredder. Weather or not the sequel would involve the Shredder was not certain.
Back then when Steve Murphy's blog was still active he showed the poster of Mikey holding his de-mutated brothers as a possible plot line for the sequel. It was not 100% confirmed that that's the direction Imagi was going for nor was their a solid plan to have Shredder returned in the 2nd CGI film that never happened.
Peter Laird has mentioned a few times of his interest in doing a live action "hybrid" movie, with CGI turtles (pretty much what they did with the 2014 film). But he also understand the reason for going CGI animated due to budget constrains.

So yeah, basically, the line Karai said at the end was mostly an Easter egg for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle fans or more likely the comic fans or 2k3 show fans that knows about Shredder being cloned after death.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 10:25 AM   #22
Tetsu Deinonychus
The Iron Dinosaur

In the director's commentary for the DVD, it's said that they at least just wanted to hint that the Turtles had many more adventures ahead. Though, he was hoping for some kind of sequel (I was too).
Tetsu Deinonychus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 11:49 AM   #23
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

yeah

there were plans for a sequel.

Wish a sequel happened that'd have been great. The 2007 movie itself was profitable.

to this day the 2007 turtles are the only good CGI turtles.
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 12:18 PM   #24
Amaranthus
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlefanforever View Post
to this day the 2007 turtles are the only good CGI turtles.
Lmao, shut up.
Amaranthus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 12:38 PM   #25
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlefanforever View Post
there were plans for a sequel.

Wish a sequel happened that'd have been great. The 2007 movie itself was profitable.

to this day the nick turtles are the only good CGI turtles.

fixed you troll
Old 11-17-2015, 10:40 PM   #26
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
fixed you troll
HAHA
It wasn't an odd statement it was a proposed sequel tease that never happened. Hateto say it but the sequel sounds loads better than the garbage plot we got for the 2k7 movie.
Old 11-18-2015, 12:54 AM   #27
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danetello View Post
Apologies if this has been posted before, but so much gets archived on this forum, it's hard to find anything, lol.

Anyway, I watched TMNT 2007 again last night, and I picked up on an odd statement by Karai near the end. She says something to the effect of, "More familiar faces will be returning soon"
It's purely meant to be, "If you guys see this movie enough and it makes enough bank... you will see THE SHREDDER again soon! I know you kids wanna see him again, don't you? Don't you?"
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 12:55 AM   #28
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
Back then when Steve Murphy's blog was still active he showed the poster of Mikey holding his de-mutated brothers as a possible plot line for the sequel.
I've seen that. That was apparently never one of the actually pitched plots of the sequel to the Imagi movies, just a poster thing gifted to Laird by Imagi. All of those and the poster thing all seemed equally horrible, though.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 01:46 AM   #29
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

^ I have to disagree. While not necessarily a good topic for a TMNT movie, it's loads better than the actual 2k7 movie. Hell the movie when you think about sounds like it belongs in Volume 1 written by a random guest artist. Only terrible.
The concept of Mikey looking after his demutated brothers and Master is intriguing at the very least and could really make for an interesting dynamic shift in which the youngest most lighthearted brother must care for his family. It sounds like a good Tales issue if anything.
Old 12-06-2015, 06:05 PM   #30
DarkLightDragon
Mad Scientist

Regarding the whole 'having the sequel revolve around Mikey saving his family' thing.

On one hand, it definitely would've been a step up from his minor role in the first, but at the same time, he wasn't the only Turtle who got the treatment. Don also didn't get much to do because it more revolved around Leo and Raph trying to make amends with each other rather than the whole family (which would've been a more interesting character conflict than just the two alpha-Turtles despite me liking their big fight scene). So having him get mutated alongside the others just seems kind of underwhelming from a 'improving what the predecessor did' standpoint.
DarkLightDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 10:46 PM   #31
member_removed
Hench Mutant

I wonder if IDW would consider adapting it in the Imagi style for a mini series or graphic novel. As a stand alone, not connected to current IDW ongoing series.

No, you take the ugly one!

I'll take the ugly one!

Which one's the ugly one?
member_removed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2007, karai, tmnt