The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2016, 03:22 PM   #61
Mew
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
How is a simple paste job "more effort"? You stuck movie Krang into his cartoon body. Woohoo. His is at least creative and added something to tbe image. And he made it funny.
My signature is boss.

I like mine better than Etsy's.

Thanks Duckie. :3
Old 05-25-2016, 03:27 PM   #62
Technogeek29
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
"Raphael isn't dumbed-down to a hothead."

I can appreciate the possible attempt to give the character more depth but instead, they gave him a fear of heights for no other reason than to aid in their stupid drawn out plane splat joke. One step forward three steps back. freaking pathetic.
Couldn't they just have kept his already fear of bugs? little jokes like that would've been fine.
Old 05-25-2016, 03:29 PM   #63
Technogeek29
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickOrTreater View Post
Jesus Christ, was that person paid for that review? Or is he just so far up the movie's ass that he can't see bottom anymore?

"Yeah just show Shredder's face that'll give him more 'depth.'"

Give me a freaking break.
Want a good Shredder orgin story which still paints him as a victim?

Old 05-25-2016, 03:38 PM   #64
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTMNT2012 View Post
This is such a weird assessment...

You recognise the reviewer is right but criticise him based on hypotheticals...even...though...he's...seen the movie....
I didn't say he was right. Surely you can see that something can be right in principal but more often than not doesn't stand up to scrutiny.

In this case the reviewer cops that it's natural to compare Elias Koteas performance from the 1990 movie but I would go farther than that is what made that performance so memorable is that it was written to be Casey Jones as he was portrayed in the comics.

Even before we saw anything of Amell's performance people saw that very clean cut image put out there for promotional purposes and instantly felt that it wasn't really Casey Jones as fans wanted him and we've seen since then has added to that impression. Heck everyone relevant to making this movie has openly stated this isn't an accurate representation of Casey Jones proving we were right.

The real hypothetical would be if they actually do a good job because sure it's possible they could completely reinvent the character in way that makes fans care less about the previous version(s) but based on how many times this wholesale reinvention has worked the odds are against it and what we've seen and know of this version so far the actual evidence is working against it.
Old 05-25-2016, 03:51 PM   #65
Etsyturtle2
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mew View Post
My signature is boss.

Well, yours is good. I like mine better than yours, but It's a matter of opinion, and you have your own opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickOrTreater View Post
Oh that's gonna change soon.
YOU LIE!
Old 05-25-2016, 05:14 PM   #66
Mew
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etsyturtle2 View Post
Well, yours is good. I like mine better than yours, but It's a matter of opinion, and you have your own opinion.

YOU LIE!
I like your signature as well.
Old 05-25-2016, 05:24 PM   #67
Etsyturtle2
Banned

Quote:
I like your signature as well.
Thanks!
Old 05-26-2016, 04:13 AM   #68
Mew
Banned

Quote:
Thanks!
No problem.

Amen.
Old 05-26-2016, 06:11 AM   #69
MrTMNT2012
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
I didn't say he was right. Surely you can see that something can be right in principal but more often than not doesn't stand up to scrutiny.

In this case the reviewer cops that it's natural to compare Elias Koteas performance from the 1990 movie but I would go farther than that is what made that performance so memorable is that it was written to be Casey Jones as he was portrayed in the comics.

Even before we saw anything of Amell's performance people saw that very clean cut image put out there for promotional purposes and instantly felt that it wasn't really Casey Jones as fans wanted him and we've seen since then has added to that impression. Heck everyone relevant to making this movie has openly stated this isn't an accurate representation of Casey Jones proving we were right.

The real hypothetical would be if they actually do a good job because sure it's possible they could completely reinvent the character in way that makes fans care less about the previous version(s) but based on how many times this wholesale reinvention has worked the odds are against it and what we've seen and know of this version so far the actual evidence is working against it.
The only "evidence" you provided were some loud minority's presumptuously hate-fueled reaction to the character's presentation before they even saw the movie, simply off the fact that Michael Bay's involved.

Surely you can see how that is a bullish!t assessment on the actual character himself. If not, then to each his own.

Fav Quote - 87 Leo: "TURTLES FIGHT WITH HONOUR!"
Fav Series - 2012 Nickelodeon
Fav Game - Out of the Shadows
Fav Comic - IDW Series
Fav Movie - Liebesman's TMNT (2014)
Old 05-27-2016, 05:20 AM   #70
pdizzle
Stone Warrior

I take it Andre "the black nerd" is under an embargo too? He's been scarce since he's seen the movie...lol
Old 05-27-2016, 05:55 AM   #71
DioLeo451
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdizzle View Post
I take it Andre "the black nerd" is under an embargo too? He's been scarce since he's seen the movie...lol
Oh man can't wait for his review he's been the most vocal and adamant about this thing since it's announcement
Old 05-27-2016, 08:03 AM   #72
neatoman
Emperor

Let me predict two possibilities of what Andre's review is going to be:

Positive review
  1. OMG, this movie was so awesome!
  2. Seeing Bebop and Rocksteady in a movie was amazing, oh and Krang, finally got Krang in a movie. Oh man...
  3. There is this one part of the movie where X happens, and all I could think to myself was a reference to something similar to X. Huhuhehehehahaha, oh man...
  4. But oh man, this is the TMNT I always wanted since the 80's, again, it was so awesome to see Bebop and Rocksteady in this movie.
  5. I love you like a play cousin, I'm outie 5000, chainchom yomp!
  6. What did you think of this movie?

"Negative" review:
  1. This Movie was not quite for me...
  2. Seeing Bebop and Rocksteady wasn't really what I expected, niether was Krang, I didn't expect to be just like the 80's cartoon but I wanted better.
  3. There is this one part of the movie where X happens, and all I could think to myself was c'mon, really? What is this, Y movie that few people liked? Joke connecting X to an event from Y. Huhuhehehehahaha, oh man...
  4. If you liked the first one you might like this but it's still not what I want.
Hahahaha!
Old 05-27-2016, 08:29 AM   #73
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Let me predict two possibilities of what Andre's review is going to be:

Positive review
  1. OMG, this movie was so awesome!
  2. Seeing Bebop and Rocksteady in a movie was amazing, oh and Krang, finally got Krang in a movie. Oh man...
  3. There is this one part of the movie where X happens, and all I could think to myself was a reference to something similar to X. Huhuhehehehahaha, oh man...
  4. But oh man, this is the TMNT I always wanted since the 80's, again, it was so awesome to see Bebop and Rocksteady in this movie.

"Negative" review:
  1. This Movie was not quite for me...
  2. Seeing Bebop and Rocksteady wasn't really what I expected, niether was Krang, I didn't expect to be just like the 80's cartoon but I wanted better.
  3. There is this one part of the movie where X happens, and all I could think to myself was c'mon, really? What is this, Y movie that few people liked? Joke connecting X to an event from Y. Huhuhehehehahaha, oh man...
  4. If you liked the first one you might like this but it's still not what I want.
I read this with his voice in my head. Perfect.
Old 05-27-2016, 09:37 AM   #74
sethmartin
Stone Warrior

I'm waiting for other people on this forum to see the movie. I think I'm the only one. Yes, Shredder is unmasked for most of the movie. At least when he puts the mask on, you can see his eyes. Shredder from 1990 was able to wear a mask and still show emotion because of that. Seeing his face in this movie does make him more sinister and provides a better performance, but I credit that to Brian Tee and not because "seeing his face gives the character more depth" like that one review said.
Old 05-27-2016, 10:19 AM   #75
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethmartin View Post
I'm waiting for other people on this forum to see the movie. I think I'm the only one. Yes, Shredder is unmasked for most of the movie. At least when he puts the mask on, you can see his eyes. Shredder from 1990 was able to wear a mask and still show emotion because of that. Seeing his face in this movie does make him more sinister and provides a better performance, but I credit that to Brian Tee and not because "seeing his face gives the character more depth" like that one review said.
Now that you've had a few days to let it sink in, would you say it's a good movie or a bad one?
Hahahaha!
Old 05-27-2016, 11:34 AM   #76
sethmartin
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Now that you've had a few days to let it sink in, would you say it's a good movie or a bad one?
It's definitely not bad. I wouldn't say it's a great film either. It's decent. They got a lot more right as far as tone and source material than last time, so it feels like a ninja turtles movie. It's a fun summer popcorn movie. The kind of movie people will love and then forget about.
Old 05-27-2016, 12:12 PM   #77
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
It's definitely not bad. I wouldn't say it's a great film either. It's decent. They got a lot more right as far as tone and source material than last time, so it feels like a ninja turtles movie. It's a fun summer popcorn movie. The kind of movie people will love and then forget about.
So like Iron Man 2?
Hahahaha!
Old 05-27-2016, 12:30 PM   #78
sethmartin
Stone Warrior

Quote:
So like Iron Man 2?
I never saw that. I'm also not as familiar with marvel characters and stories as much as the turtles. Someone compared it to Ant Man, I think that's pretty fair but without the Marvel charm.
Old 05-27-2016, 01:22 PM   #79
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
It's not just paste. I had to cut it, paste it and redraw all the cartoon android body parts back over it and stuff. He just drew an easy top hat and cane.

Besides that, I'm really excited for this movie with all the great reviews!

IE cut and paste. I have a program (DAZ3D) that does the same thing so you can layer umages. Also- its been done before with other versions. Nithing new there. But to each their own I guess.

Quote:
My signature is boss.

It really was pretty creative and original. Thats's what I like about your art. It's always fun and eclectic!

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
Old 05-27-2016, 01:31 PM   #80
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Quote:
So a mediocre-ish popcorn movie with a bunch of fan-service? I guess that's he best one can expect from a Michael Bay production, but I know I can't/won't lower my standards to meet it. Others' mileage may vary.

I'm expecting this to be an even bigger fanbase-breaker than the last one, honestly. It feels a lot like another missed opportunity to me -- I want a legitimately good movie first and foremost, and this very likely isn't one. A comic movie in the year 2016 can't and shouldn't coast on fan-service alone, y'know?

Tags
freakingcreepycutekraang, koolaidcult, movie, out of the shadows, review, tmnt, tmnt2