The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 12-09-2017, 07:26 PM   #21
sdp
Megan Fox = April

We aren't going to get anything and I"ll take literally anything they throw fans, 2k3 might be my favorite adaptation even with all the flaws it has. I realized this just the other day, it's the interpretation where I feel all of them really are a family since they developed that many times in the show and that's something no other media of TMNT I've consumed has made it as clear.

The TMNT twitter constantly has 2k3 stuff but that's more of a "we don't have the rights to the OT and can't only tweet Nick stuff. You can see from their twitter they'd die to be able to reference the OT turtles more often, when they do they only show footage of the "promotional artwork" or from Turtles Forever/Nick Crossovers. If not, 2k3 would likely not get as much love on the twitter page.

2k3 deserves so much better, especially since without Laird we'll likely never get anything like it again.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 04:58 AM   #22
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

For a while during 2015, it seemed we would get a compete DVD release. But now, nothing has happened since mid-October 2015:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/shows/Te...a-Turtles/6245
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 05:51 PM   #23
ABrown
Banned

Here's another post featuring the 4Kids series:

https://twitter.com/TMNT/status/939902604154494976

It's just really weird that they would be doing all of the posts featuring the 4Kids series if they weren't promoting something. Where are they going with all of these posts?
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 06:34 PM   #24
Powder
So tired of this place

Don't get your hopes up. They're just trying to cleanse palettes until Rise comes out, & the 4kids footage is readily available for use as they own it outright.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 09:11 PM   #25
CyberCubed
Overlord

It's kind of ironic, all 156 episodes of the 4kids series are uploaded on youtube, by multiple people even, and none of these eps are taken down for copyright infringement. Viacom just allows them.

I suppose if we start seeing these videos taken down, it might be a sign Viacom is planning DVD releases, but until then probably not. Either way as said, it's not like the 4kids series is locked away in some vault and nobody can watch it. There's still the old 4kids DVDs from 2003-2009, plus as I said everything is up on youtube and other sites.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 05:24 AM   #26
Leonardo2003
Foot Soldier

Being the uploaded of the entire 2003 series on my channel “Ninja Turtles,” formally known as XxsargeslapahoexX for an OG Youtubers... I cannot believe that Viacom has allowed all of my 2003 episode uploads to stay. They charge 1.99 per episode on YouTube of the series. So I can’t believe they don’t take down my videos and the rest on YouTube. Mine are uploaded at full length, good quality and widescreen, so I am sure they will take them down one day....
Leonardo2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 06:35 AM   #27
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
It's kind of ironic, all 156 episodes of the 4kids series are uploaded on youtube, by multiple people even, and none of these eps are taken down for copyright infringement. Viacom just allows them.

I suppose if we start seeing these videos taken down, it might be a sign Viacom is planning DVD releases, but until then probably not. Either way as said, it's not like the 4kids series is locked away in some vault and nobody can watch it. There's still the old 4kids DVDs from 2003-2009, plus as I said everything is up on youtube and other sites.
So, by mid-2018 or so when all Nickelodeon DVD's have been released, maybe Nickelodeon episodes will not be removed.
Old 12-11-2017, 09:58 AM   #28
The Turtle Terminator
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post

It's just really weird that they would be doing all of the posts featuring the 4Kids series if they weren't promoting something. Where are they going with all of these posts?
I'd assume this is just because they don't have rights to the FW toon. If they had that, that'd be all they posted
Old 12-11-2017, 11:19 AM   #29
Overlord

I've never seen the 4 Kids series marketed as "old school" before.
Old 12-11-2017, 11:25 AM   #30
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
The series is now 15 years old. How old does something have to be before its considered "retro" or "old school." The original cartoon was a little over 15 years old when 2k3 started in 2003.
Old 12-11-2017, 11:41 AM   #31
Overlord

Quote:
The series is now 15 years old. How old does something have to be before its considered "retro" or "old school." The original cartoon was a little over 15 years old when 2k3 started in 2003.
It's still the first time I've seen such a statement.
Old 12-11-2017, 11:41 AM   #32
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
For a while during 2015, it seemed we would get a compete DVD release. But now, nothing has happened since mid-October 2015:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/shows/Te...a-Turtles/6245
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Turtle Terminator View Post
I'd assume this is just because they don't have rights to the FW toon. If they had that, that'd be all they posted
Quote:
I don't know about you guys, but knowing the 4Kids show has the advantage of being under the legal umbrella of modern TMNT over the FW show, gives me a raging boner. I like to think this means Viacom will eventually try to blindly connect the franchise's marketing to the FW show, and eventually focus on the parts they do control.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 11:45 AM   #33
Overlord

Cowabunga Christmas

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
I don't know about you guys, but knowing the 4Kids show has the advantage of being under the legal umbrella of modern TMNT over the FW show, gives me a raging boner. I like to think this means Viacom will eventually try to blindly connect the franchise's marketing to the FW show, and eventually focus on the parts they do control.
I think that happened when refering to this as

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/releases...-Release/15877

Cowabunga Christmas, despite the fact that the turtles rarely used the word "Cowabunga" in that series.
Old 12-11-2017, 11:49 AM   #34
CyberCubed
Overlord

As someone who just finished rewatching the 2k3 series, Cowabunga is used far more often in the series than people think. Michaelangelo shouts it in quite a few episodes.
Old 12-11-2017, 11:51 AM   #35
Overlord

Quote:
As someone who just finished rewatching the 2k3 series, Cowabunga is used far more often in the series than people think. Michaelangelo shouts it in quite a few episodes.
Usually until Raphael holds his hands before Michelangelo's mouth.
Old 12-11-2017, 11:51 AM   #36
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Is it usually Mikey who uses it most?
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 11:54 AM   #37
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
Is it usually Mikey who uses it most?
And the rats guided by a turtle in the sewers of Peblak on D'Hoonnib.
Old 12-11-2017, 12:19 PM   #38
CyberCubed
Overlord

He yells it quite often. He yells it in two of the Notes of the Underground eps, one from Season 1 and the other during the Season 2 or 3 return. He also says it in the Christmas episode from Season 3. It comes up twice in Fast Forward as well.
Old 12-11-2017, 05:08 PM   #39
Bravotello
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
We aren't going to get anything and I"ll take literally anything they throw fans, 2k3 might be my favorite adaptation even with all the flaws it has. I realized this just the other day, it's the interpretation where I feel all of them really are a family since they developed that many times in the show and that's something no other media of TMNT I've consumed has made it as clear.

The TMNT twitter constantly has 2k3 stuff but that's more of a "we don't have the rights to the OT and can't only tweet Nick stuff. You can see from their twitter they'd die to be able to reference the OT turtles more often, when they do they only show footage of the "promotional artwork" or from Turtles Forever/Nick Crossovers. If not, 2k3 would likely not get as much love on the twitter page.

2k3 deserves so much better, especially since without Laird we'll likely never get anything like it again.
Agreed! They're my turtles as well! Happy Anniversary to them! They made my childhood years great!
Bravotello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 11:43 AM   #40
Overlord

Sadly, the only series to have a Christmas episode.

Tags
15th anniversary, 2k3 series, 4kids, nostalgia