The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 09-11-2022, 06:36 AM   #21
AquaParade
Banned

Who cares about He-Man though. Only weirdos like He-Man.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 09:47 AM   #22
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Let's not go too far there. He-Man and the crew are awesome.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 06:29 PM   #23
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Even CBR published an article saying the book is past its prime:
https://www.cbr.com/teenage-mutant-n...tant-town-idw/

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 06:54 PM   #24
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Even CBR published an article saying the book is past its prime:
https://www.cbr.com/teenage-mutant-n...tant-town-idw/
Yeah but CBR is CBR. Screw those guys.

Though I'm surprised they actually spoke ill of mutant town and didn't act like it's the best story ever thanks to Sophie and all the representation. Surprised the writer of this article wasn't fired or some nonsense. I guess TMNT is so forgotten it's not even on the Twitter outrage radar anymore.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/

Last edited by Coola Yagami; 09-11-2022 at 11:05 PM.
Old 09-11-2022, 10:44 PM   #25
Stu_Padasso
Foot Soldier

I have to agree with the author that they should have kept most of the Mutant Town arc in the Jennika series or another spin-off.

But as Coola said, It’s CBR. They have a reputation for being shill access media that doesn’t call out the BS a lot of the publishers are doing. It makes me wonder why they would do it now.
Stu_Padasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 11:03 PM   #26
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Well... there's a part of me that agrees with you, but ionno. I might feel differently if I'd have watched He-Man at exactly the "right" time. Though some pretty OK people like some pretty weird sh**.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 11:08 PM   #27
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu_Padasso View Post
I have to agree with the author that they should have kept most of the Mutant Town arc in the Jennika series or another spin-off.

But as Coola said, It’s CBR. They have a reputation for being shill access media that doesn’t call out the BS a lot of the publishers are doing. It makes me wonder why they would do it now.
ehh probably cause

1- slow news day

and

2- it's been long enough now that it's 'safe' to diss mutant town and not enough people on Twitter care about it enough to come at him. This dude would have not have dared touch it a year ago, especially since Sophie was writing it. Definitely not around the time where that one issue showed Jennika kissing pork gal.

Old 09-12-2022, 02:25 AM   #28
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamut810 View Post
I watched the show, and they were spot on.

They said that it seemed like it was going to be the Teela show and that He-man was going to step aside. Kevin Smith tried to say that was not the case. Some quotes if I remember right "He-man will not step aside." and "This show is about He-man". All the commercials had He-man front and center. All the advertisement had He-Man front and center. All of the Merch had He-man front and center. All of it.

The show was not about He-Man, it was about Teela and how He-man was abusive to the POWERFUL WOMAN who don't need no He-man. He was then stepped aside and it was about how AMAZING Teela was (they made sure to tell you in the first minutes of the show) to remind you how she didn't need no He-Man. The very end was Teela *allowing* He-man to remain He-man at her behest because she realized how AMAZING and AWESOME she was and changed the rules so she was the most powerful forever.
It was actually about how all of Eternia went to sh*t without He-Man around, thus how important he (and the example he set for those around him) actually was in the grand scheme of things, but I guess projection is easy when you go into something already expecting to see certain things.

I'm also confused about where Adam rejecting the eternal reward promised to him in the afterlife so he could come back to life and save the universe was him "stepping aside", but again... I didn't have my opinion on the show pre-written by clickbait websites, so that's a factor.

If nothing else that show was a wonderful Rorschach test of the audience, although what it reveals is nothing good.
----------

Also, I can't help but snicker at how many people on this forum throw shade at He-Man considering that TMNT is by far the stupidest thing to ever become popular. Even just the premise; "Star Wars Meets Lord of the Rings" is an amazing premise. "Mutant Surfer Turtles Who Eat Pizza In A Sewer In-Between Fighting The Worst Rogues' Gallery In Comic Book History" is a terrible premise, and it gets dumber the more it's spoken of out loud.

As for "only weirdos", the MOTU forum is full of six-figure earners like doctors and lawyers. The TMNT fandom is full of autists and people living on public assistance. You guys do NOT want to play the "Let's Compare Lives" game with any other fandom, trust me.

But sure, it's all dumb and "gay" because the main character - a barbarian - dresses like a barbarian. Thus only weirdos and gay people like it. Sure.

The lack of self-awareness from people who like awful things like goddamn Ninja Turtles turning around and saying other things are dumb never ceases to amaze me. Your favorite thing is trash, so "glass houses" etc.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2022, 04:20 AM   #29
AquaParade
Banned

I only said that to annoy you because you constantly take pride in bashing TMNT and it’s fans, while taking residence on a TMNT forum - clearly to try and troll people.

That was easy. And fun. I guess I get why you do this, to an extent.

I mean, at least I’m not hanging out on a He-Man forum saying this, which would show a desperation for attention, imo. Other then that, was just giving you a taste of own medicine, tbh.

Anyway, He-Man is fine. I’m too ignorant to actually talk crap on it and Skeletor is a badass.

No hard feelings, but that clearly didn’t sit well with you, so maybe consider that next time you decide to insult the fan base/communities of brands you aren’t passionate about - especially when standing next to all of them.

Last edited by AquaParade; 09-12-2022 at 04:32 AM.
Old 09-12-2022, 08:55 AM   #30
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist

Location: Canada (This country is too peaceful, Something's up...)
Quote:
And I suppose the TMNT fan base is comprised of nothing but well-adjusted people?
Anarchistguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2022, 09:22 AM   #31
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarchistguy View Post
And I suppose the TMNT fan base is comprised of nothing but well-adjusted people?
See above.

Apologies to all lovers of He-Man. And Leo, I guess.

Last edited by AquaParade; 09-12-2022 at 11:20 AM.
Old 09-12-2022, 12:28 PM   #32
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarchistguy View Post
Show me any fan base that is.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2022, 04:24 PM   #33
clockstomper
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
It was actually about how all of Eternia went to sh*t without He-Man around, thus how important he (and the example he set for those around him) actually was in the grand scheme of things, but I guess projection is easy when you go into something already expecting to see certain things.

I'm also confused about where Adam rejecting the eternal reward promised to him in the afterlife so he could come back to life and save the universe was him "stepping aside", but again... I didn't have my opinion on the show pre-written by clickbait websites, so that's a factor.

If nothing else that show was a wonderful Rorschach test of the audience, although what it reveals is nothing good.
----------

Also, I can't help but snicker at how many people on this forum throw shade at He-Man considering that TMNT is by far the stupidest thing to ever become popular. Even just the premise; "Star Wars Meets Lord of the Rings" is an amazing premise. "Mutant Surfer Turtles Who Eat Pizza In A Sewer In-Between Fighting The Worst Rogues' Gallery In Comic Book History" is a terrible premise, and it gets dumber the more it's spoken of out loud.

As for "only weirdos", the MOTU forum is full of six-figure earners like doctors and lawyers. The TMNT fandom is full of autists and people living on public assistance. You guys do NOT want to play the "Let's Compare Lives" game with any other fandom, trust me.

But sure, it's all dumb and "gay" because the main character - a barbarian - dresses like a barbarian. Thus only weirdos and gay people like it. Sure.

The lack of self-awareness from people who like awful things like goddamn Ninja Turtles turning around and saying other things are dumb never ceases to amaze me. Your favorite thing is trash, so "glass houses" etc.
I agree with this in terms of not denigrating fandoms, He-Man is still selling **** for a reason.

That said, can't agree about Revelation, it seems to embody the very thing you are correctly calling out: being contemptuous about the franchise itself. That goes around a lot at Netflix, buy popular IP rights, instantly get embarrassed upon viewing the source material, hire outsiders to "fix" it. Even though it has proven success. Resident Evil, Cowboy Bebop etc. Retooled to fit current trends and fix what isn't broken. I guess we were lucky Rise of the TMNT and Cobra Kai got their starts at other networks so they're actually done by people who are deep into the franchise.

If Netflix had gotten their paws on the TMNT rights lock stock and barrel they'd probably recoil in horror at the Fred Wolf series and demand the Turtles be turned human and be played by the cast of Riverdale. I guess you could say we have sort have been there already, Platinum Dunes seemed to have no faith in people liking the Turtles so the 2014 film was made to rest primarily on the name recognition of Megan Fox.

Even if I put the Netflix thing aside, I can't really follow a main character that screams at mourning parents, that's not getting me on their side. Especially if they weren't the type of person that would ever do that in previous iterations. It's a mistake people familiar with the franchise wouldn't make.

Last edited by clockstomper; 09-12-2022 at 04:33 PM.
clockstomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2022, 05:46 PM   #34
Bahamut810
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post

We have had this discussion before and we will probably remain in disagreement, but just because someone agrees with something does not mean they get their opinion "pre-written by clickbait websites".

However, it was about how Eternia went to **** whithout *magic*, and Teela having her hero's journey to bring it back. The show set its own tone when the first 5~10 minutes were nothing but them telling you how AMAZING Teela is.

He was initially stepped aside when he was killed in the first episode and every bit of advertisement and creator dialogue turned out to be a lie. He-man was only there to be the backdrop for how amazing Teela was. The show literally ended by Adam admitting to being completely unnecessary and Teela taking up the mantle of the most powerful being in the universe then allowing him to tag along when she wants to be awesome in the future.
Bahamut810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2024, 12:38 PM   #35
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Five more notable heads rolled this week at IDW:
https://bleedingcool.com/comics/majo...shing-tonight/
The elimination of the HR department will likely make it a much easier process to cut more positions as need arises.

View my sketch work!
Old 04-05-2024, 03:16 PM   #36
CyberCubed
Overlord

Funny this is all happening when TMNT comic output at IDW is larger than ever. Like they're going to be releasing like 5-6 different ongoing TMNT comics each month come June/August.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2024, 04:38 PM   #37
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Funny this is all happening when TMNT comic output at IDW is larger than ever. Like they're going to be releasing like 5-6 different ongoing TMNT comics each month come June/August.
It truly is a dizzy-ing output for a franchise I always thought was niche for comic book readers/collectors. Now the Turtles crossover with other IPs about as much as Batman did back in the day. Its been a wild decade, for sure!

View my sketch work!
Old 04-05-2024, 04:45 PM   #38
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2024, 05:05 PM   #39
CyberCubed
Overlord

I mean if IDW wants to go all out, throwing as many darts to the board as possible before they truly can't afford it anymore seems like the thing to do. And I'm sure Jason Aaron's paycheck is not cheap either, he'll probably make 5x times the same money Sophie made on the same monthly comic. Whenever I think of the money aspect, how much it costs to print all these comics, pay the writers and artists, and everything else...I honestly have no idea how a company can afford it.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2024, 05:16 PM   #40
Vegita-San
Emperor

think ol' ross is still there ruining the book with mutant town stuff?

IIRC, I thought I read somewhere they where going to reboot it with a new team? checked out at issue 100

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote