The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 07-07-2015, 02:47 PM   #1
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Star Wars Anthology film about Han Solo in the works

a Star Wars Anthology film about Han Solo to be directed by Christopher Miller and Phil Lord, They previously directed The Lego Movie and 22 Jump Street.
http://www.starwars.com/news/christo...inkId=15374280

Last edited by TigerClaw; 07-07-2015 at 02:53 PM.
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 03:08 PM   #2
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Hmm, I wonder if this will be based on the Han Solo trilogy of books from way back?

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 03:17 PM   #3
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Hmm, I wonder if this will be based on the Han Solo trilogy of books from way back?
Considering Episode 7 is based in no major way on any of the other well-received EU Star Wars books...

Wouldn't bet on it.
Old 07-07-2015, 03:20 PM   #4
Peanut
Second Gear

I love Star Wars, but the more I hear about these countless anthology films the more I begin to fear we're looking at another MCU and that scares the sh*t out of me.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 03:24 PM   #5
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Ugh. I don't want to see an origin story about Han Solo. I wish Lucasfilm would use these Anthology flicks to explore lesser known characters or eras not yet captured on film.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 03:30 PM   #6
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
Ugh. I don't want to see an origin story about Han Solo. I wish Lucasfilm would use these Anthology flicks to explore lesser known characters or eras not yet captured on film.
Lucasfilm? You mean Disney.
Old 07-07-2015, 03:41 PM   #7
CyberCubed
Overlord

Once they cast a new Han solo you can bet they're going to look to cast a young Luke Skywalker and Leia as well. They're probably going to do something like the new Star Trek reboot cast from 2009.

I don't think they would ever dare to remake the classic trilogy, but if they're going to cast all new young actors for Luke, Han, Leia it might be possible to see a new movie set right after Episode 6 when they're not too old.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 04:09 PM   #8
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

I'd love to see them do movie versions of the Heir tot he Empire trilogy THAT was an awesome book series! Plus, Mara Jade- how can you go wrong? I'd cast Scarlet Johansson, or maybe Jennifer Lawrence.

Old 07-07-2015, 05:15 PM   #9
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Once they cast a new Han solo you can bet they're going to look to cast a young Luke Skywalker and Leia as well. They're probably going to do something like the new Star Trek reboot cast from 2009.

I don't think they would ever dare to remake the classic trilogy, but if they're going to cast all new young actors for Luke, Han, Leia it might be possible to see a new movie set right after Episode 6 when they're not too old.
That's not going to happen
Old 07-07-2015, 07:15 PM   #10
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post

Why not? His book trilogy was one of the better series of SW novels, and goes into how he and Chewie met and became friends, among other things. There was also a series on Lando, too.

Old 07-07-2015, 07:55 PM   #11
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

I hope it's not a River Phoenix, Last Crusade situation, because that was a little too cute. I didn't really need to see Indiana Jones as a boyscout with a lady's haircut, and I don't particularly want to see some tude-exuding youngster running around in Han Solo's vest.
Old 07-07-2015, 08:00 PM   #12
chrisdude
Foot Elite

Seems like this stuff is coming so fast. There's a lot to explore in Star Wars, but I don't see the rush. I don't have any particular fondness for Han Solo. I'm way more interested in Rogue One.
Old 07-07-2015, 08:05 PM   #13
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

What if they were to cast someone like Chris Pratt as young Han Solo?
Old 07-07-2015, 08:51 PM   #14
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
What if they were to cast someone like Chris Pratt as young Han Solo?
Pratt is 5 years older than Ford was when he shot ANH.
Old 07-07-2015, 09:15 PM   #15
snake
Disgusting

F*ck no to Pratt. Cast some unknown guy.

And I like this idea, although it would be a lot better if these films were spaced out more.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 07:41 AM   #16
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Apparently the title of the film was leaked from San Diego this morning

Spoiler:
Fett/Solo

Could be bogus, but we'll find out for sure later
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 11:28 AM   #17
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdude View Post
Seems like this stuff is coming so fast. There's a lot to explore in Star Wars, but I don't see the rush. I don't have any particular fondness for Han Solo. I'm way more interested in Rogue One.
Han Solo was the most popular hero in the original trilogy.
Old 07-08-2015, 11:48 AM   #18
Peanut
Second Gear

Can someone please tell me all the current Star Wars projects that have been announced or confirmed existing as of this point? I feel like it's entirely impossible to keep up with any of this sh*t anymore.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 01:34 PM   #19
CyberCubed
Overlord

Aside from Episodes 7-9, there's:

- Rogue Leader which apparently comes out next year

- Boba Fett film

- Han Solo film

There's also rumors of a Yoda and Obi Wan film coming too, but I'm not sure if those have been confirmed yet. Obi Wan would be played by the same actor who played him in the prequels and I would be fine with that.
Old 07-08-2015, 03:44 PM   #20
sdp
Megan Fox = April

There is a new Star Wars movie scheduled every year starting this year with The Force Awakens. There's rumors of other movies like a Boba Fett one but the only ones with actual dates are:

Dec '15 - Force Awakens
Dec '16 - Rogue One
May '17 - Episode VII
May '18 - Han Solo
May '19 - Episode IX

I'm also afraid of over-saturation, I'm so excited for TFA but will I be as excited with multiple SW films every year? I think the reason I'm not interested in Marvel movies is because there's so many of them. Would I be as excited for Batman V Superman if DC released 3 movies every year? One SW film a year I think I can deal with. But Rogue One and Ep. VIII are mere months apart though technically there's still only one movie "per year".

Hope Disney takes it easier with SW than with the MCU. I'm really just not intersted in Rogue One, there's plenty of other stuff in SW that would be great to explore and not how they got the plans for the death star. That's better to be saved for a comic or book. I'd like a Han Solo movie eventually but not now...I'd rather see something we aren't familiar with or know about, at least for now. The only exception would maybe be an Obi Wan movie since Ewan Mcgregor is a decent Obi Wan and I'd be ok with him taking the character in one more adventure.

Now as far as the new Expanded Universe I'm definitely overwhelmed by it already and it's only months old, you can already tell that this "canon" EU is going to be just as messy as the old "Legends" EU. There's the on going comic and a few mini-series out already. We have the two TV shows, Clone Wars and Rebels, the Clone Wars movie. I think about 4 novels released already. I believe I also read about some kid activity books that are also "canon". For videogames we have the mobile game and Battlefront which are coming out. I'm guessing the Star Wars insider magazine and official website continue releasing new short stories/comics but now they are "canon". And of course there was the announcement of all the new comics/books/etc with the "Road to The Force Awakens" I read about a few weeks ago.

Let's see how it goes, if there is oversaturation then I guess I'll just skip some SW movies from time to time and watch them on video eventually. Heck I already feel like this, not all movies are going to be great but I'm sure there'll be plenty of great movies. This has always been true with the novels and comics, for all the stinkers there's some great stories. I'll just read/watch "good" star wars and care not for its official canonicity.

Last edited by sdp; 07-08-2015 at 03:50 PM.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
autismawareness, cubedwannacracker, cuck solo, snake the true fan, snake vs tfa, snake vs the world, solo a sjw story