The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Toys and Collectibles

Notices

Old 02-16-2018, 11:35 AM   #1
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Hasbro Acquire Master License For Power Rangers

Quote:
Today, Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ:HAS), a global play and entertainment company, and Saban Brands announced that Hasbro has been named the global master toy licensee for Saban’s Power Rangers. Under the terms of the agreement and in collaboration with Saban Brands, Hasbro will design, produce and bring to market a wide variety of toys, games and role play items inspired by the franchise and its entertainment properties. Hasbro will hold the worldwide rights, excluding Japan and certain other Asian markets, effective as of April 1, 2019.

This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/hom...0216005346/en/

“We are honored to create a world of play experiences for such an iconic action brand,” said Brian Goldner, Chairman and CEO of Hasbro. “Saban’s Power Rangers are universally recognized and their hallmark attributes of teamwork and inclusivity perfectly align with our core values at Hasbro.”

“Hasbro leads the way in brand storytelling and creating engaging experiences across its exceptional portfolio of blockbuster and partner brands,” said Haim Saban, founder of Saban Brands and creator of Power Rangers. “Quality, innovation and a focus on designing dynamic products for fans of all ages makes Hasbro a great partner for Power Rangers.”

Created by Haim Saban and launched in 1993, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers quickly became a pop culture phenomenon. Today, Power Rangers is one of the longest running kids’ live-action series in television history with nearly 900 episodes produced to date. The TV series, currently in its 25th season with Power Rangers Super Ninja Steel, and feature films, including 2017’s movie with Lionsgate, follows the adventures of a group of ordinary teens who morph into superheroes and save the world from evil. Saban’s Power Rangers currently airs in 150 markets around the world and is translated into numerous languages.

The first set of products from Hasbro will be available in spring 2019. Both Hasbro and Saban Brands are dedicated to continue growing this iconic brand. In recognition of this investment, during a period of time after Hasbro becomes the master toy licensee, the arrangement between the parties provides Saban Brands and Hasbro with the opportunity to initiate Hasbro’s purchase of the Power Rangers property.
http://newsroom.hasbro.com/news-rele...-power-rangers
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 11:36 AM   #2
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

awesome Power Ranger figures like Marvel Legends please. You can do Build A figure Monsters like Rita and others
Old 02-16-2018, 02:43 PM   #3
Ninjinister
無問題

I've been leery of Hasbro ever since they dumped Marvel 3.75". Maybe PR will get a 3.75" line or not; they could have different people running the lines from Marvel. But they let that wanker in charge of their Marvel treat the fans of that scale like garbage so I dunno....
Old 02-16-2018, 03:00 PM   #4
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Kinda trippy with Bandai America not having PR anymore. With Hasbro, I guess. They know robot toys and superhero toys so I guess they'll do good. Hopefully we can get some PR figures that don't look as silly as the Legacy figures that isn't as expensive as the SH Figuarts Sentai figures.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 04:11 PM   #5
Brodie
Certified Teacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
awesome Power Ranger figures like Marvel Legends please. You can do Build A figure Monsters like Rita and others
You mean like the Legacy line? With the Build-a-Figure parts that are included?

I'm not upset about this. Its just kind of crazy, but it probably has some stuff to do with Ban Dai putting more money into having the Pokemon license.

I'm glad I have my Morphicon Lord Drakkon secured, I hope they finish out the Psycho Rangers though before Hasbro takes it.