The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 07-09-2018, 01:37 PM   #41
CyberCubed
Overlord

Most kids don't really watch it on TV anyway, the whole Nick show is online in numerous places streaming online legally.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 02:49 PM   #42
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Safe to assume you don't have the Nicktoons channel then?

I will never understand Nick's treatment of that show after a bit, letting it air/premier all of ONCE on the regular channel before throwing it onto Nicktoons. Gee, no wonder some kids might lose interest and forget about if, to them, the show doesn't even appear to exist. You can't sell your product if you're going to hide it from your consumer. Maybe they'll treat this next crappier one with the respect that the better previous one actually deserved.
I do. I just had limited interest in the series and even less in Rise of the Turtles. My TMNT interest shifted towards IDW.
Old 07-09-2018, 03:15 PM   #43
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Ah, gottcha.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 04:52 PM   #44
CyberCubed
Overlord

From the few clips of them we've seen I really like how they "poof" when they're stuck. It reminds me of Zelda enemies, instead of death scenes they "poof" when Link kills them.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 05:41 AM   #45
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I prefer humans. I like robot foot too but when used correctly, I got bored of the robot foot in 2012 and wish they hadn't completely replaced the human ones.

Origan ninjas are awesome too, it's a nice change to keep things interesting and new. The best thing about robot/paper foot ninjas is you know they can slice them up all they want.
What was the point with Nickelodeon Footbots, when the turtles could already hack and slash the Kraang's robots into pieces.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 09:27 AM   #46
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
What was the point with Nickelodeon Footbots, when the turtles could already hack and slash the Kraang's robots into pieces.
Because Shredder needed his own army too, duh. The kraangbots weren't his troops.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 09:34 AM   #47
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Because Shredder needed his own army too, duh. The kraangbots weren't his troops.
I still see no point for them. The Kraang were in so many episodes so the Shredder episodes would still work without the turtles hacking and slashing.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 09:52 AM   #48
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

After now having a first ep with them... Eh, no better, no worse, but maybe a bit more boring. The concept is interesting at face value, but it isn't much of a fight if they're destroyed with one small strike.

Instead of intending them be some form of foot soldiers, it might have made more sense that they were created and used as a distraction against Turtles who have not learned to focus on the important things in front of them; let them play pinata while the bad guys do their work. But then that can only last so long until they catch on.
Old 07-23-2018, 10:11 AM   #49
newfan
Mad Scientist

I don't care for the paper thing going on but it's something coming from a show that has the mystical element etc so, just where they wanted to go.

2012 had footbots as well as Kraang droids so the turtles could splice the foot too I imagine.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 04:26 PM   #50
sdp
-

2021 consensus?
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 04:57 PM   #51
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Still agree with my 2018 self, but the added fact that it, like many ideas in Rise, was rather wasted and uninteresting. The series just barely did anything with them and in the long run had little point in being a thing.
Old 02-03-2021, 09:14 PM   #52
Powder
So tired of this place

Still love it. Was a unique & visually interesting way to completely destroy The Foot in a kid friendly way without re-hashing the same thing over & over. Very original idea, fun execution.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 09:49 AM   #53
AquaParade
Banned

As a concept, it's a clever way to, not really get around censorship, but use it your strengths in creating something unique. I couldn't get into the show, but it's not a bad idea.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 10:32 AM   #54
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

It's an interesting idea that I wouldn't mind seeing again in a future version, maybe in a comic. I suppose it's better than robot ninjas as a concept. Did they do anything more with them after the second episode?
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
origami foot ninja, robotic foot ninja