The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: A moment of silence for Hamato Yoshi
Looks like Shredder has given up on Karai ever seeing him as a father again 4 6.78%
Rockwell: (sarcastically) Egad, I could barely defend myself 4 6.78%
Mikey: My dudes, my bros, my Turts...it's that time again. Our series is winding down 7 11.86%
Splinter: Leadership doesn't come from your head, it comes from your heart 8 13.56%
Splinter...T.T 14 23.73%
Casey: (Flips garbage truck lever) Oops 22 37.29%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-22-2017, 01:29 PM   #161
neatoman
Emperor

For whatever reason it didn't strike me before but how was Shredder able to enunciate with no lips and melted metal in front of his mouth?

Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 10:09 PM   #162
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTMNT2012 View Post
They didn't. It was once during the Season 3 finale which no one cares about.

Don't get this logic of how characters being in danger diminishes their deaths...
Its not really the fact that they were in danger but its more along the lines that the 3 fakeouts we experienced sort of desensitized us through the whole deal.
Old 02-23-2017, 11:52 AM   #163
THGhost
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
There is one way of bringing back Splinter

In the first episode of Season 5, one of the Turtles wake up, he goes to the bathroom, and hears that the someone is in the shower and assumes it's one of his brothers but it turns out that it's actually Splinter.

He's shocked and it turns out the 2nd half of season 4 is a dream.

Didn't a show like Dallas do that back in the day?

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 12:00 PM   #164
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by THGhost View Post
Yeah the famous shower scene from Dallas. The Simpsons also referenced it in the episode Who Shot Mr Burns Part 2.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 12:08 PM   #165
THGhost
Puppet Master

Quote:
Yeah the famous shower scene from Dallas. The Simpsons also referenced it in the episode Who Shot Mr Burns Part 2.
I still can't believe they got away with that. I think they even recast someone and then recast them back.

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

Old 02-23-2017, 12:35 PM   #166
matteso586
Stone Warrior

When Super Shredder is able to shoot spikes, it reminds me of Michael Bay's Shredder.
matteso586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 02:06 PM   #167
THGhost
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteso586 View Post
When Super Shredder is able to shoot spikes, it reminds me of Michael Bay's Shredder.
His sheer size and spikes sticking out of him reminds me of Michael Bay's Shredder.

Old 02-24-2017, 05:41 PM   #168
Bauer536
Mad Scientist

Haven't been on here for awhile, but...Wow. I spoiled myself for this, but when I got to see the whole episode, my stomach went up. So emotional.

The first time Splinter has died on a TMNT cartoon. That takes guts.

Anyway, I don't see the cheapening. They knew what they wanted to do. They fooled us with Splinter getting murdered in Season 3 with the Earth's destruction. You knew the turtles would save their planet and their father. By then, there was relief. Now, it's permanent. The Earth is okay, the Mutanimals are fine, Karai is in the hospital,...but wow. That was heavy.

I couldn't stop watching that death scene. I just thought it was well-done. You don't see him get stabbed, but that black screen and huge slash represents the shocking kill. I especially was mesmerized while watching Splinter's slo-mo fall. The turtles' reactions with their eyes bugging out, including Raph's, are still pictures in my head I can't erase.

Also, I'm impressed now that the creators got to have all the turtles cry. You don't know how long I've waited for Leo to cry on this show. I was expecting tears in their eyes, but their head-tilting and soft sobbing was good enough. Those memories juxtaposed through their mourning also gave it a nice, albeit heartbreaking, touch. But that shot of the turtles crying around Splinter was the knife through the heart. This was a nicely paced death scene for this series. In Season 3, they have no time to grieve, considering the Earth is in danger and Fugitoid turns back time. Now, they witness, they weep, and they walk. The music, as the turtles were carrying their sensei's body, sounded similar to Mozart's "Lacrymosa." Well, the episode is called "Requiem," just like his final compositional masterpiece. After the end, all I could think about was Splinter being buried, turtles standing in the rain, and hearing Mozart somewhere in the background.

Plus, I am so happy to hear that after all this time, Splinter reveals that he did choose Leo as the leader because he believed in him. I knew it. I knew by the show's end, he would say it. Now, I'm waiting for Leo to say that Splinter was his real hero. He probably will.

Still, April's powers annoy me. At least we're heading to the final conflict...At least, for now.
Bauer536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 09:34 PM   #169
Mona_Lisa
Stone Warrior

This episode was so awesome, it was the first time in IDK when I watched the same episode immediately after finishing it!
I couldn't cry because, my kids were in the room and I didn't want them to take it to serious.... (who wants a crying 6 & 7 year old) But I cried on the inside and made a strange habit of talking to my tv, I hate it when others do that! LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penst0ck View Post
I kept it together pretty well 'till Mikey called Splinter "Papa"
I know right? It was so sad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
In addition to the obvious heaviness of the episode.. I can't believe they actually made a Carter reference.
When I saw that I kept thinking, I know that mutation its a reference to "Something". I never remembered Carter until The Black Nerd mentioned it!
Mental block I guess!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirael View Post
The "Oops" is a nod to the original live action film, MrTMNT2012. I was squeeing like a fangirl as soon as I saw Casey with the garbage truck!
I squealed too, My girls were like "what mom"? Lol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTMNT2012 View Post
Not somber, subtle.

It's really hard to describe since I'm not a voice director but the way Josh Peck said it kinda felt out of place.

Like you have Splinter dead in the corner and Casey just really decides to EMPHASISE that 'OOOPS' in a moody teenager kind of way...

In that moment, Casey should have been so awestruck that he says it almost under his breath!
He hated Shredder and he was *pissed*. I think it was perfectly spoken with malice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyndaquilfan123 View Post
Wow. Just wow. Splinter is dead!?!?! Did Leatherhead drown Rahzaar?
I hope so, last ep. of Chris Bradford cartoon = Rahzaars death. Talk about foreshadowing!

I really felt sorry For Raph in this ep. (since he was the only turtle on the rooftop)
I wonder if he will blame himself...
I wonder if he will have a deep internal conflict...
I wonder if he will lose it?
I wonder if I am just fangirling and wanting a great big Raph centric ark?
~Probably!

Is next season the last? I never found any confirmation but remember some of you speculated it would be...
Old 02-26-2017, 04:16 AM   #170
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Dallas

Quote:
Originally Posted by THGhost View Post
Was a half Dallas season an entire dream?
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 04:32 AM   #171
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Was a half Dallas season an entire dream?
Yep, hence my offhanded comment a while back about Leo being in a coma and dreaming everything. The entire season was written off as a dream even though it wasn't originally intended to be.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 09:28 AM   #172
asfaloth12
Thug

Well, that episode broke my heart into a few million pieces. Can't believe I came close to crying during a Ninja Turtles cartoon. First when I watched the Korean version, and now in the original English.

The death scene was done very well. Feel horrible for the turtles, especially poor Raph, being up there on the rooftop when it happened

And Mikey!

I thought Seth Green did an awesome job during this episode. To be fair, all of the voice actors were great, though.
Old 02-26-2017, 09:40 AM   #173
ToTheNines
[sic]

Yes, Seth killed it. He's now on par with Jason Biggs, in my mind.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 08:11 PM   #174
Donny's computer84
Thug

Strong episode
Donny's computer84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 08:25 PM   #175
Klunk1234
Hench Mutant

Very dramatic episode. I didn't cry, but I was in complete shock; speechless. Seeing the boys crying and Mikey saying Papa to Master Splinter was heartbreaking. Not for little kids.
Klunk1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 08:40 PM   #176
DisKosh
Foot Soldier

I feel sad every time I look at my profile picture.
DisKosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 08:12 AM   #177
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Finally watched this episode, It was pretty good, lots of action, and pretty emotional at the end.

Plus TigerClaw's new hand allows for all kinds of things, like an hand Canon.
Old 03-05-2017, 08:34 AM   #178
MartiusR
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
Splinter did have premonitions about his death and I think he was having them again which is why he wasn't sleeping well and was meditating a lot. He knew that he was going to die and he was trying to prepare Leo and the others for that though Leo didn't want to believe that it would happen. His advice about following your heart was sound advice because sometimes you have to make decisions that may not seem wise but are the right ones. He split them up because he didn't know it was a trap the way Leo found out about it so it's not his fault that his sons weren't there to prevent his death. He probably knew they wouldn't be able to stop it and that's why it happened the way it did.

What are you talking about in reference to random guys? He had April, Raph, Casey, and Slash. None of these characters are random and I think he knows by now that Casey is a good fighter and would help them out which he did.

It's fine if you feel differently about that, but this is the way I see it. Splinter knew about his death and he decided not to tell his sons outright because he figured that he was ready to go and that they had to move on and grow without him. I feel it's a very realistic thing as we all know that we will eventually lose our parents one day and I like that Nick tackled this very important issue and ran with it.
Sorry for late reply. Finally I've found some time to visit Technodrome

Well, I admit that I didn't use too accurate term - rather than "random guys" I should say about "random choice". Turtles are obviously "the best" when they're fighting together, and yet they were splitted. Secondly - even if Splinter would decide to split with turtles, he should rather take both "brawlers" (Leatherhead + Slash), as "distraction" for Super Shredder's strength (not to mention that Leatherhead and Slash were in the same group, which would also make sense). And taking Casey Jones, who is obviously the weakest amongst all of them (no skills, no strength, no "special abilities")... Well, that was especially stupid.

What you've written about "preparing" turtles for losing Splinter (and living without him) definitelly make sense. But what I didn't like in this aspect of episode is the feeling of carelessness - decisions which don't make sense both in "logical' and "intuitive" way. I would compare it to climbing on dangerous mountain and trying to prepare other (let's say that you're the leader and have the biggest experience and skills) to deal with any obstacle (just in case, since you're aware that there is some possibiity that you will not return from this "journey"), but you're sticking with other people, don't take unnecessary risk etc. That makes sense. But what I saw, I would compare to taking part in mentioned journey, but suddenly you've decided to split up (at especially dangerous "part" of the mountain) and not take all necessary gear with you.

Sorry for a big long "description", just wanted to find something to compare to show how I'm seeing this.

Eh, on the other hand - why I'm demanding for cartoon to be perfectly logical? I know, kinda crazy
MartiusR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 12:10 PM   #179
Vicky82
Emperor

I know the episode aired like 9 months ago but this popped up on Tumblr.

Here's a scene that was cut out.

Raph goes into a rage mode after Shredder kills Splinter.

https://twitter.com/MrSheldon/status/902682679186882560

It's a shame it got cut out.

Last edited by Vicky82; 10-24-2017 at 12:15 PM.
Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 12:18 PM   #180
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
I know the episode aired like 9 months ago but this popped up on Tumblr.

Here's a scene that was cut out.

Raph goes into a rage mode after Shredder kills Splinter.

https://twitter.com/MrSheldon/status/902682679186882560

It's a shame it got cut out.
Eh, it's not really cut as much as it was never animated in the first place.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote