The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 01-19-2017, 02:15 PM   #1081
Otter
Stone Warrior

Well, my Donnie is finally being sent from my local supplier. Very excited. Should be here next week.
Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 02:45 PM   #1082
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

The Mike sizes issues really aren't bothering me that much... usually that stuff jumps right out at me. Personally, I doubt I'll be picking up any full-faced human figures in the line. The dead face look always gets me. Now Shredder or Foot Soldier? I'll be first in line.
d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 11:33 AM   #1083
zaktheneutrino
Stone Warrior

Anybody have experience buying from Kirin Hobby?? I bought Donnie from there recently as it was the only place I could still find him for $99. It says he will arrive in Feb.

Check out my TMNT website for news, reviews and more!
http://www.thewhitefootsoldier.com

Instagram: The White Foot Soldier
zaktheneutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 12:39 PM   #1084
Since 1984
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaktheneutrino View Post
Anybody have experience buying from Kirin Hobby?? I bought Donnie from there recently as it was the only place I could still find him for $99. It says he will arrive in Feb.
Go back a few pages in this thread. I pre-ordered from them back in May and literally just got it today. I honestly wouldn't order from them again.
Since 1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 05:27 AM   #1085
mikezilla2
Foot Soldier

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL View Post
Just in case if anyone was interested, Randy from NECA answered my tweet in regards to possibly adding Tokka and Rahzar to the 1/4 scale mix. Like most people would feel, I'd much rather have 1990 Shredder and Splinter before anything else post the four turtles.

https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/816360545016233984

Yep, I actually got mine off of eBay...that's pretty much the only way to go.
bout $150AUD for those posters hmm may as well be signed

so we may or may not see a splinter and shredder in the future ? wouldnt mind getting those and the TMNT 3 turtles

any clues as to when the other Two TMNT figures are dropping ?
mikezilla2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 08:10 AM   #1086
Lil Karai
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikezilla2 View Post
bout $150AUD for those posters hmm may as well be signed

so we may or may not see a splinter and shredder in the future ? wouldnt mind getting those and the TMNT 3 turtles

any clues as to when the other Two TMNT figures are dropping ?
Raph due in Q1 2017 (~Feb), Leo due Q2 2017, Mikey due Q3 2017.
Lil Karai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 01:19 PM   #1087
zaktheneutrino
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Since 1984 View Post
Go back a few pages in this thread. I pre-ordered from them back in May and literally just got it today. I honestly wouldn't order from them again.
Ugh...the wait definitely sucks!! Thanks for letting me know. I guess I don't mind a wait if it means I saved some $ but May to January is so long...hopefully their Feb estimate is close to accurate.

Old 01-23-2017, 01:25 PM   #1088
Coro
Mad Scientist

Dont forget I sell 3 of each turtle at the normal price (99+shipping). A this point I am just pushing them to the website instead of taking custom shipping quotes.

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 02:00 PM   #1089
cloud
Stone Warrior

Assuming Raphael will be out in end of Febuary or early March I guess summer for Leo and Oct-Nov for Mikey?
That sounds right.
From Mondo's lastest update there seem to be a new policy in China regarding recycling paper so that impacts the packaging process and will probably cause a slight delay because the shortage on paper.
Take ot for grain and salt that might be universal towards all products if they havent print out their packaging and probably shipping tools too.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 05:20 PM   #1090
NYShell
Stone Warrior

I haven't bought Donatello or pre-ordered Raphael yet. Anyone know any real reliable/trustworthy toy stores that I can order these guys from? I understand a lot of the big, trustworthy sites are already sold out for pre-orders for Raphael, and the reorders for Donny. I heard of some bad reviews from Kirin Hobby and Entertainment Earth. If anyone can send the link(s) or point me in the right direction I'd be grateful.

** LOOKING FOR 2016 SIDESHOW COLLECTIBLES EXCLUSIVE TMNT STATUES (LEO, MIKE, RAPH) **
NYShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 06:13 PM   #1091
Bmaga123
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYShell View Post
I haven't bought Donatello or pre-ordered Raphael yet. Anyone know any real reliable/trustworthy toy stores that I can order these guys from? I understand a lot of the big, trustworthy sites are already sold out for pre-orders for Raphael, and the reorders for Donny. I heard of some bad reviews from Kirin Hobby and Entertainment Earth. If anyone can send the link(s) or point me in the right direction I'd be grateful.
Bigbadtoystore.com is my favorite place to pre-order from and you can still pre-order Raphael
Bmaga123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 02:17 AM   #1092
Raph
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmaga123 View Post
Bigbadtoystore.com is my favorite place to pre-order from and you can still pre-order Raphael
Yup, Donatello was my first ever (pre)order with BigBadToyStore and I'm really happy I did, everything went smoothly and they packed it really well!
Old 01-24-2017, 06:15 AM   #1093
Monte Williams
Stone Warrior

I've used Big Bad Toy Store for nearly a decade and have never had a problem. They do ship a bit later than other stores on occasion, but I don't mind.
Old 01-24-2017, 12:49 PM   #1094
zaktheneutrino
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coro View Post
Dont forget I sell 3 of each turtle at the normal price (99+shipping). A this point I am just pushing them to the website instead of taking custom shipping quotes.
My plan was to buy from you buddy but you were out of Donnie by the time I got around to ordering.

Old 01-24-2017, 12:59 PM   #1095
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaktheneutrino View Post
My plan was to buy from you buddy but you were out of Donnie by the time I got around to ordering.
I hear ya. Just letting you know for future turtles. They dont sell fast or anything since the price is higher than most.

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 03:43 PM   #1096
Donnie
Something from the Past

The wait does kind of suck. I hope it doesn't turn into another mondo wait. See what I did there?
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 03:45 PM   #1097
cloud
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
The wait does kind of suck. I hope it doesn't turn into another mondo wait. See what I did there?
Well played. Hard to guess which companies team will be completed first. Haha.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 04:57 PM   #1098
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughnMichael View Post
Well I sure as hell am! I know they will be amazingly done no matter what size they are.
Yeah, I'm with you. Tokka and Rahzar are so much a part of my TMNT fandom growing up that I would love to have movie figures that represent them. Honestly though, they'd have to be almost the size of the NECA 1/4 Hulk to be right as the scale size to be taller than the Turtles and Shredder....and I don't think Randy has any interest in them in the first place - let alone the cost to make them the appropriate scale. Honestly, I'll be perfectly content with just a 1/4 scale 1990 movie Shredder to add to the four turtles.

Also, I preordered Raph from Big Bad Toy Store....so I'm pretty much counting down the days until we hear more at this point. I ordered Donnie from NECA's Amazon page and he was delivered fairly fast...but I'm glad to hear so many people have good experience with BBTS.
Old 01-24-2017, 05:05 PM   #1099
EddieNES
Stone Warrior

Man if they make a movie Shredder, he better come with a Leo head that has the full toothed grimace. I wanna pose Shredder with the spear to his throat.
EddieNES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 05:12 PM   #1100
Monte Williams
Stone Warrior

Personally, I'd love a Splinter, but all that fur would be tough at this scale, whether sculpted plastic or otherwise.

Shredder would be awesome, but I wonder how that sparkly suit would translate to plastic, and how cheesy it might look.

No, if I had my druthers, and we could have only one addition to this quarter-scale series based on the '90 film, it'd be Elias Koteas as Casey Jones.

He's the character I like most of all the non-Turtle options, and I think they'd do a better job on him than on the other options (or perhaps I should say he would be easier for them than the other options), and I could do more with him, photo-wise; a few cool standalone portraits aside, Shredder almost has to be paired with the Turtles in a photo, whereas Casey will look good and sensible even by himself, whether in any alley or under the local bridge or whatever.