The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 01-18-2017, 06:48 AM   #1
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

Goosebumps 2 gets release date

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/804137-goosebumps-2-release-date-set-by-sony-pictures

Sony says Goosebumps 2 set for January 26th, 2018
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 07:00 PM   #2
sdp
-

I'm kind of happy there's going to be a sequel even if unnecessary since it was so much fun going down memory lane with the first one. I just hope they have a neat idea to make it interesting. I think it's kind of a mistake for it not to come out in October though since people are more inclined to go see a scary movie and kids can finally watch something "scary" while adults could take their kids for nostalgia.
sdp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 01:54 AM   #3
Skinrash
Thug

Unless they drop the comedy-adventure approach and attempt to make an intentionally scary film, I will probably skip it.
Skinrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 05:16 AM   #4
drgon78
Mad Scientist

Didn't the same article say Jack Black hasn't signed on yet and what about the rest of the cast?
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 02:51 PM   #5
sdp
-

It'd be cool if this time they went into the books instead of doing a rehash of the story and they can go to the more iconic books of the series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinrash View Post
Unless they drop the comedy-adventure approach and attempt to make an intentionally scary film, I will probably skip it.
Have you ever read Goosebumps? You can't make a genuinely scary movie about that source material. The tone of the movie was great, made for kids but still fun and plenty of nostalgia for adults. It had the right mix of everything, if not it would've been a failure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgon78 View Post
Didn't the same article say Jack Black hasn't signed on yet and what about the rest of the cast?
Really? I'd figure he'd be the most important one to commit, then again it's not like Jack Black is likely to decline.
Old 01-20-2017, 07:30 AM   #6
Skinrash
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Have you ever read Goosebumps? You can't make a genuinely scary movie about that source material. The tone of the movie was great, made for kids but still fun and plenty of nostalgia for adults. It had the right mix of everything, if not it would've been a failure.
Yes, several books. How do you know it is impossible to make them scary? Are you a filmmaker? Cause a competent and talented one should be able to work out whatever flaws in the source material and create a scary film that doesn't rely on cheap gags, nostalgia and CGI excess.
Skinrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 12:04 PM   #7
The Deadman
Foot Elite

‘Goosebumps’ Sequel Heading to ‘Horrorland’!

Last Movie Watched: Leprechaun Origins (2014).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E11).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 08:20 PM   #8
sdp
-

This should be cool, I hope it's a fun movie like the first one, it kept the plot, nostalgia, humor and everything in check so you would leave happy as a kid and adult, it's nothing amazing but I passed the time and enjoyed it. I really wanted a story where they go inside the books, but I guess if they only go to Horrorland it'll be ok, I believe they made an entire sub-series a few years ago of Horrorland Goosebumps series where it was a serial story instead of one off stories and included the various monsters of the original series of books.

The Haunted Mask didn't appear in the first movie right? I guess they are going to try to use it for a possible third movie, it's the most recognizable "villain" that the franchise has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinrash View Post
Yes, several books. How do you know it is impossible to make them scary? Are you a filmmaker? Cause a competent and talented one should be able to work out whatever flaws in the source material and create a scary film that doesn't rely on cheap gags, nostalgia and CGI excess.
It's f-cking Goosebumps.
Old 06-12-2017, 03:20 PM   #9
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Jack Black Will Be Back in ‘Goosebumps: Horrorland’

Old 01-30-2018, 08:56 AM   #10
The Deadman
Foot Elite

‘Goosebumps: Slappy’s Revenge’ Plot Details Tease Halloween Night Apocalypse
http://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3...ht-apocalypse/

Old 02-01-2018, 07:34 PM   #11
drgon78
Mad Scientist

Other then Jack Black are there any other returning cast members?
Old 07-11-2018, 08:46 PM   #12
sdp
-

Well this movie seems to have had a lot of trouble in development with many different takes, it didn't finish filming until this year and it comes out in October. The new name is Haunted Halloween and it seems like a rehash of the first movie and Jack Black might not be in the movie anymore.

I thought going inside the books would've been interesting and a change of pace, but it's f-cking goosebumps, and the first movie was cute. I don't know if they can re-capture the magic again by doing the exact same thing, it seems to be a pretty straight forward copy but with more new book references and less interesting of a story but we'll see, maybe we can get enough nostalgia in there and it can be a fun ride.
Old 07-12-2018, 05:11 AM   #13
drgon78
Mad Scientist

No returning cast members, not interested.