The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Books, Comics, and Other Literature

Notices

Old 04-28-2017, 01:05 PM   #422
WebLurker
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Read over on Comicvine that Chip Zradsky revealed he's writing mainline Peter and MJ like they're best friends again, eroding all the bitter tension they've had under Slott's run

I suppose it's something anyway...
That might be the best case scenario we're going to get for 616 for the time being.
Old 04-28-2017, 02:55 PM   #423
ZariusTwo
Overlord

It's got me thinking about what Slott said on CBR about Marvel letting status quoes come back instantaneously, so far we've had

-Eddie and the Symbiote back together all in one issue
-Peter and MJ back on good terms all in a few panels of a back-up story

Hope for instantaneous Felicia face turn?
ZariusTwo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 12:00 PM   #424
ZariusTwo
Overlord

CBR with a list of Peter and MJ's steamier moments

http://www.cbr.com/sensational-spide...edroom-antics/

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 04-30-2017 at 12:24 PM.
Old 05-02-2017, 10:43 AM   #426
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

So, this is that "event" they've been hyping up with all the variant covers featuring MJ and/or symbiotes?
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 02:18 PM   #427
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
So, this is that "event" they've been hyping up with all the variant covers featuring MJ and/or symbiotes?
It's looking like that, though I don't think it'll tie in to the other Venomverse event that will happen in the core books this summer, it'll just be it's own thing.
Old 05-02-2017, 04:30 PM   #428
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
It's looking like that, though I don't think it'll tie in to the other Venomverse event that will happen in the core books this summer, it'll just be it's own thing.
Ah that's right, because RYV is an offshoot universe or parallel dimension or whatever you want to call it, yes?

Last edited by ProphetofGanja; 05-02-2017 at 04:44 PM.
Old 05-03-2017, 09:00 AM   #429
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
Ah that's right, because RYV is an offshoot universe or parallel dimension or whatever you want to call it, yes?
Yes, it's an alternate reality in appearance (which might be linked to the core stuff)
Old 05-03-2017, 06:13 PM   #430
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Quote:
Spoiler:

Found it on CBR
that's actually very cool!
Old 05-10-2017, 01:23 PM   #432
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Not a bad issue, but very rushed, and the cover lied, Peter and Magneto don't have a bloody scrap at all, and MJ saves the day with one or two punches. Weak.

Seemed more intent on telling an X-Men story than a Spider-Family story, although Annie had some choice words for Jubilee throughout.

At least the final page revealed more about how Harry's marriage went down in this universe...Liz divorced him rather than wait for him to die on her in the original universe, and she has the Venom symbiote.
Old 05-10-2017, 02:36 PM   #433
WebLurker
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Not a bad issue, but very rushed, and the cover lied, Peter and Magneto don't have a bloody scrap at all, and MJ saves the day with one or two punches. Weak.
I've come to the conclusion that covers always lie except when the don't. Also, factor in variants that have nothing to do with the issue in question, I don't see a need to knock the issue over it.

However, yeah, the conclusion was rushed. I think it needed one or more issues to have the space it needs. Hopefully the series won't suffer too much because of it (I've gathered that sales aren't exactly improving that much).

Quote:
Seemed more intent on telling an X-Men story than a Spider-Family story, although Annie had some choice words for Jubilee throughout.
I guess I like the idea that Jubilee wasn't beyond redemption, but I think there needed more story for it to work like it should've.

I was actually kind of surprised that, rather than saying no then and there, the Parkers were going to think it over on enrolling Annie. I guess I assumed that, since it wouldn't work with the comics' premise, it would be closed off here. Wonder if it'll come back again?

Quote:
At least the final page revealed more about how Harry's marriage went down in this universe...Liz divorced him rather than wait for him to die on her in the original universe, and she has the Venom symbiote.
I really like how questions like this are getting answered. Also, I think the cliffhanger sold me on the Venom story.

My assessment is that I liked it, but it's the weakest installment in the series so far (counting both the original mini and the ongoing).
Old 05-11-2017, 06:26 AM   #434
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Some positive RYV sales spin here from CBR's Confuzzled

http://community.comicbookresources....ril-2017/page9

Quote:
Someone had posted the shipping numbers of RYV #2-3 for the month and right then the amount of copies shipped were lower than that for ASM. But its number of copies actually sold against number of copies shipped percentage was much higher than that of most Marvel titles, and it was selling more than many other titles that had more copies being shipped.

Of course there were people who fit into the overlap between marriage fans and Current ASM non-fans hoping RYV beats out ASM but even then a lot of marriage fans pointed out that it is very unlikely for an AU title to beat a main universe book, especially one that is technically still the company flagship title. Still, RYV is one of the best selling AU Marvel titles ever not from the Ultimate line in its prime.
Old 05-11-2017, 09:44 AM   #435
WebLurker
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Some positive RYV sales spin here from CBR's Confuzzled

http://community.comicbookresources....ril-2017/page9
That's good to hear; I remember seeing articles that sales for number 6 (the first X-Men crossover) had unexpectedly dropped. Now, I guess it could've started stronger and still dropped, but still.
Old 05-11-2017, 11:53 AM   #436
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
That's good to hear; I remember seeing articles that sales for number 6 (the first X-Men crossover) had unexpectedly dropped. Now, I guess it could've started stronger and still dropped, but still.
Yeah, maybe it did better digitally? We never see estimates for those, I imagine it's that sort of thing that's keeping Spider-Gwen in buisness, and maybe even Silver Surfer too (I also reckon it'd have been axed long ago if Slott wasn't doing so well with ASM)
Old 05-24-2017, 08:59 AM   #437
ZariusTwo
Overlord

So August's issue is written soley by Stegman with Nate Stockman on art...interesting. Also, we get more on Normie's backstory.

Pity the VenoMJ saga seems to be pretty short
Old 05-30-2017, 11:49 AM   #439
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Oh wow, look, another event that hijacks multiple series and forces readers to pick up extra books
Old 06-03-2017, 05:03 PM   #440
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Who's the blue one? And do we know whatever happened to Toxin?

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
spider-man, spider-marriage returns