The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 12-08-2017, 05:56 PM   #1
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

The Future of Animated Tmnt crossovers

Even before the making of Turtles Forever, people were intrigued by the idea of turtles from two different cartoons meeting each other.

Then came Turtles Forever in 2009, and the Nick crossovers in 2016/2017. After all these crossovers, you would think many people became bored of this idea.

I can't speak on behalf of others, but I am still very much fascinated by the idea of 2 different sets of animated turtles meeting each other, and am curious to what the future of these crossovers will be. Do you want to see more animated tmnt crossovers in the future? If Yes, what would to see happen?

Me Personally:
1. I'd want future animated crossovers to focus on the turtle incarnations not yet covered in another show(2003 turtles especially, maybe Nick turtles meet Rise?)
2. No more 80s turtles. (Ok maybe a cameo would be fine, but I think they've had enough of the spotlight in Turtles Forever, and even then, were done full justice in the Nick crossovers afterwards in terms of bringing the original VAs back and portraying them more accurately), so I think its best to let them Rest in Peace.)
3. Have a different approach to the story, something different from having to save all turtle dimensions from being wiped out.
4. Possibly have a movie/cartoon crossover?
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 08:48 PM   #2
sdp
-

Unless all the turtles are meeting each other, I'd rather any new team just meet the OT instead of say the previous team.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 02:47 AM   #3
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

[QUOTE=FredWolfLeonardo;1733815]3. Have a different approach to the story, something different from having to save all turtle dimensions from being wiped out.

They could maybe fight off a Krang or Kraang invasion or something.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 06:45 AM   #4
neatoman
Emperor

With or without the FW Turtles, I'd say let these things just die, please? It's a circle jerk to have two or more incarnations of the same thing crossover.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 10:49 AM   #5
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
circle jerk
I didn't know what this term meant, and boy did I recieve a nasty shock when I googled its definition.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 11:41 AM   #6
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

I'm not a fan of it, but I'm afraid all four animated TMNT series (MWS, 4 Kids, Nickelodeon and Rise of the TMNT) will crossover and suddenly we'll have 16 turtles on the screen at the same time!
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 11:57 AM   #7
Tetsu Deinonychus
The Iron Dinosaur

I kinda feel like the crossover thing loses impact each time they do it.

Really, (while I doubt they'd make this) the crossover that would be most interesting to see would be FW/Mirage with no "current" version involved. Just the two most "Classic" versions in a very contrasting multi-dimensional adventure.

But, yeah while both the FW Turtles and the Mirage Turtles were a little mis-characterized, Turtles Forever still did the crossover thing first and they did it best. Trying to recreate that just seems less special each time.

Though the Nick versions did represent the FW better and if they do keep making these, hopefully one will represent the Mirage Turtles better too (I like the "motion comic" thing they did with them, though).
Tetsu Deinonychus is offline   Reply With Quote