The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2017, 10:49 AM   #3081
Redworld96
Stone Warrior
 
Redworld96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Spain
Posts: 638
From my point of view I think the bomb was something immediately and close to the last events with Wanted: Bebop and Rocksteady (some months after that).
If only Ciro could reveal when exactly the bomb happened
Redworld96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 11:44 AM   #3082
newfan
Mad Scientist
 
newfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: UK
Posts: 1,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redworld96 View Post
From my point of view I think the bomb was something immediately and close to the last events with Wanted: Bebop and Rocksteady (some months after that).
If only Ciro could reveal when exactly the bomb happened
He did say people would be talking about it for a long time, I wonder if that's also to do with the unanswered questions?

Still, there is the story he's working on, whatever that turns out to be maybe it will answer some things.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 12:16 PM   #3083
neatoman
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 5,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
He did say people would be talking about it for a long time
People here maybe. Not so sure it'll be seen as anything other than a bizarre ending by most people who know about the production order, anyone else will think the show ends on Bebop expressing his desire to dance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
Still, there is the story he's working on, whatever that turns out to be maybe it will answer some things.
What story?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 12:20 PM   #3084
newfan
Mad Scientist
 
newfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: UK
Posts: 1,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
People here maybe. Not so sure it'll be seen as anything other than a bizarre ending by most people who know about the production order, anyone else will think the show ends on Bebop expressing his desire to dance.

Yeah I think that was before Nick re-scheduled.


What story?
The one with Fugitoid which runs parallel with the apocalypse, it was in a facebook or instagram thing that I think Vicky posted. Nothing more was said about it though.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 12:29 PM   #3085
Vicky82
Emperor
 
Vicky82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dunstable, UK
Posts: 5,367
Before I watched the Mutant Apocalypse, I said to that TMNT Twitter account that the Mutant Apocalypse is series final not the crossover and it's in production order, but they said that the crossover arc is officially the series final.



At that time I was thinking about arguing with them over it, saying that Ciro said it's the series final. But I thought I better not as I didn't want to get blocked, so I just left it.
__________________
My heart!!!! One of my favourite moments.


Last edited by Vicky82; 10-04-2017 at 12:36 PM.
Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 12:34 PM   #3086
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 34,406
So basically the execs at Nick don't want Ciro's finale to be considered it. Oddly enough isn't it still the last episodes on the DVDs?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 12:36 PM   #3087
newfan
Mad Scientist
 
newfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: UK
Posts: 1,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
Before I watched the Mutant Apocalypse, I said to that TMNT Twitter account that the Mutant Apocalypse is series final not the crossover and it's in production order, but they said that the crossover arc is officially the series final.

https://78.media.tumblr.com/ded79b6c...sz1u74_540.png
I may have gotten you confused with Redworld, not sure which one of you posted it, it was the one with Ciro answering questions after the arc aired.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 12:39 PM   #3088
Vicky82
Emperor
 
Vicky82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dunstable, UK
Posts: 5,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
I may have gotten you confused with Redworld, not sure which one of you posted it, it was the one with Ciro answering questions after the arc aired.
I can't remember, I think it was me. Someone from Tumblr spoke to Ciro on Instagram and copied the answers onto Tumblr.

I know Redworld spoke to that other person who worked on the show and they said that the Kavaxas arc is the true final and the other arcs were just side stories.
__________________
My heart!!!! One of my favourite moments.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 01:02 PM   #3089
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist
 
Sabacooza's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,873
WOW! Nick really hates this finale don't they? Why approve it then if you didn't like it. It makes me think they were asleep at the wheel.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 01:04 PM   #3090
Wretched Reptile
Foot Soldier
 
Wretched Reptile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Shellabama
Posts: 114
I've bought the Wanted DVD but haven't watched it yet. Been waiting on the full monster arc to air so they're all up in HD on Amazon before watching them together first. It is October, after all.

I'd planned to watch the Apocalypse arc last as intended, but honestly I'm slightly afraid to even watch it at all now lol. People are pretty divided on it here and elsewhere, and overall it sounds like even those that accept it as the official ending to the series don't really like it much either - they just choose to willingly accept it as intended. I've read spoilers so I know pretty much what plays out, and admittedly it sounds pretty depressing to me. Definitely not what I wanted at the conclusion of 5 years emotional investment in this latest series. I can certainly understand many fans feeling the same way and even Nick trying to dismiss it as the official ending. I will undoubtedly watch it eventually regardless coming up at some point, but it's a shame I'm honestly dreading doing so now. It just sounds like such a damn downer after an overall great ride with this series.

Whoever made the comment earlier on in this thread (or the official finale thread, I forget which) about using these series and many other comparable things as a cathartic escape at times is absolutely spot on. There's enough terrible, depressing crap going on in the world at all times - I don't need it completely hijacking and permeating every pore of the fantasy content I typically enjoy that allows me a form of joyous escape and distraction.

And look... dark themes and 'bad happenings' are ok - they arguably enrich storytelling and create viable stakes that add drama and tension - just don't go full nihilism like a 14-year goth girl who hates mommy and daddy and everyone else except her Hot Topic boyfriend lol. I'm almost 40, so this overly heavy grimdark garbage infecting so much of entertainment these days is beyond played out IMO. I'm actually excited at the prospect of a new, lighter show that won't murder Splinter onscreen repeatedly lol.
Wretched Reptile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 01:14 PM   #3091
newfan
Mad Scientist
 
newfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: UK
Posts: 1,482
Quote:
I'm actually excited at the prospect of a new, lighter show that won't murder Splinter onscreen repeatedly lol.
Yeah there was that sadly, not sure I feel the same excitement for the new show though
As for your comments, and the other persons relating to some shows being an escape, yeah I can see that for a lot of people.

Quote:
Why approve it then if you didn't like it. It makes me think they were asleep at the wheel.
I've wondered the same, surely Nick knew what the story was.
Not sure it's so much that they hated it or just that as a children's television network they are just being more child friendly with the end, you know letting the last they see of them be the familiar faces they've known them for 5 years.

Last edited by newfan; 10-04-2017 at 01:47 PM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 01:24 PM   #3092
Vicky82
Emperor
 
Vicky82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dunstable, UK
Posts: 5,367
I wasn't bothered if the Mutant Apocalypse ended happy or sad, I just wanted to see a solid story with all 4 turtles in it from start to finish and with there friends appearing or even mentioned.
__________________
My heart!!!! One of my favourite moments.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 01:26 PM   #3093
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 13,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
Before I watched the Mutant Apocalypse, I said to that TMNT Twitter account that the Mutant Apocalypse is series final not the crossover and it's in production order, but they said that the crossover arc is officially the series final.

https://78.media.tumblr.com/ded79b6c...sz1u74_540.png

At that time I was thinking about arguing with them over it, saying that Ciro said it's the series final. But I thought I better not as I didn't want to get blocked, so I just left it.
"Production order doesn't mean anything"
Tell that to Firefly
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 02:04 PM   #3094
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 34,406
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
and that was probably done out of spite, too...because cancelling the show put the producers in a hard spot, and they had to wrap things up fast, so that was the easiest way to do it.
Go back to your He-man forum where you belong. The show was already properly wrapped up prior to the last 3-parter.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 03:37 PM   #3095
Redworld96
Stone Warrior
 
Redworld96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Spain
Posts: 638
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
I may have gotten you confused with Redworld, not sure which one of you posted it, it was the one with Ciro answering questions after the arc aired.
I think it was me, sharing a link of a Tumblr user who made screenshots of Ciro answering some questions on Instagram:

https://panizhe.tumblr.com/post/1656...-ciros-answers

"The production order doesn't mean anything"

Ok ..... that sounds a little mean from them
Redworld96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 04:02 PM   #3096
ToTheNines
[sic]
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 15,078
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
Before I watched the Mutant Apocalypse, I said to that TMNT Twitter account that the Mutant Apocalypse is series final not the crossover and it's in production order, but they said that the crossover arc is officially the series final.

https://78.media.tumblr.com/ded79b6c...sz1u74_540.png

At that time I was thinking about arguing with them over it, saying that Ciro said it's the series final. But I thought I better not as I didn't want to get blocked, so I just left it.
Oh eff that. The last scene of the series is ****ing 87 Bebop dancing? Get bent Nickelodeon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
So basically the execs at Nick don't want Ciro's finale to be considered it. Oddly enough isn't it still the last episodes on the DVDs?
The press release made it sound like When Worlds Collide will be the last episode on disc 2 lol.

Last edited by ToTheNines; 10-04-2017 at 04:10 PM.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 04:36 PM   #3097
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior
 
DevilSpooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Portugal
Posts: 821
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
Who says they didn't in the 50 years prior to Mutant Apocalypse?

I'm amazed at the leaps people are making to discredit the finale as being canon just because they didn't like it.
Better yet, who says they didn't become heroes AFTER the finale? They find the Oasis, they create a small comunity, mutants all over drawn together and create something of an Utopia, an Eden, wouldn't that make them Legendary Heroes? The Heroes that saved every living thing left on the planet?

Renet is human-like sure, but there might be more mutants like April out there, that just look human, or Renet might just be from a place outside of Time (like she is in every other version), or maybe she's not even from Earth, human-like Aliens might find Earth in the future and move there, long after the Turtles passed away, but still found stories about their deeds, after all Renet never met the Turtles, implies they passed way before she was even born.

Just because it seems like it's nothing like what Renet told them it doesn't mean it still contradicts everything, we where just never told the full story, we just know of how it ended, with the Turtles being considered Legendary Heroes who saved Earth, doesn't have to be the Earth they knew at the time.
__________________
Life at best is bittersweet
DevilSpooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 05:15 PM   #3098
Cyndaquilfan123
Foot Soldier
 
Cyndaquilfan123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Roseville CA
Posts: 100
Honestly, this just makes everything more confusing.
Cyndaquilfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 05:19 PM   #3099
newhire13
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 399
I think people are putting too much care into the production order. It doesn't really matter, if you watch Mutant Apocalypse its obvious its meant to be the ending. They aired it out of order. That's it.
newhire13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 05:23 PM   #3100
newhire13
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 399
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilSpooky View Post
Better yet, who says they didn't become heroes AFTER the finale? They find the Oasis, they create a small comunity, mutants all over drawn together and create something of an Utopia, an Eden, wouldn't that make them Legendary Heroes? The Heroes that saved every living thing left on the planet?

Renet is human-like sure, but there might be more mutants like April out there, that just look human, or Renet might just be from a place outside of Time (like she is in every other version), or maybe she's not even from Earth, human-like Aliens might find Earth in the future and move there, long after the Turtles passed away, but still found stories about their deeds, after all Renet never met the Turtles, implies they passed way before she was even born.

Just because it seems like it's nothing like what Renet told them it doesn't mean it still contradicts everything, we where just never told the full story, we just know of how it ended, with the Turtles being considered Legendary Heroes who saved Earth, doesn't have to be the Earth they knew at the time.
Yeah, Renet lives outside time and space. She isn't a part of their world as they know it. She's on the outside looking in.
newhire13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
season 5

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.