The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 10-03-2014, 09:56 PM   #141
Allio
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leofan26 View Post
I saw the new fan polls, why is Matt so popular? I never really liked the guy, I liked Ken more than him.

I'm also surprised at the fact how popular the Tai x Sora pairing is, I thought some one here said it was just dub that it was popular with
no

apparently the original cast were surprised that the end game was Sora/Yamato instead of Sora/Taichi
Old 10-03-2014, 10:01 PM   #142
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
I saw the new fan polls, why is Matt so popular? I never really liked the guy, I liked Ken more than him.

I'm also surprised at the fact how popular the Tai x Sora pairing is, I thought some one here said it was just dub that it was popular with
The dub indicates Tai has feeling her while Matt does not show any romantic tendencies towards her until a dozen episodes into Adventure 02 as far as the dub is concerned here in America. As a kid I thought that and still see it looking that way when chance rewatching the episodes.

I love both the characters Tai and Matt. Not much interest in any of the others. I thought Tai was built up to be a flawed yet heroic individual while Matt had a lot of characterizations and was Tai's equal. Matt's characterization focus is what made him interesting. So any chance to see these two again is welcome.

This nade-nade thing is going take forever. Its currently on egg #2 with over 752,800 right now. It needs to put up the nade-nade thing on all language versions of the website so it will not take five weeks to get 1 million clicks
Old 10-03-2014, 10:39 PM   #143
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:

Nope. I said the dub added stuff, like movie 2. Never said it wasn't popular. Childhood friends turned lovers is a seemingly popular concept (just look at Detective Conan), and those two have known each other since probably their kindergarten days. It's canon that they were friends in Hikarigaoka and in the same 1st grade class (1-2) at Daisan Shogakkou (Daisan Elementary School). They also shared the same classes at Odaiba Elementary.

A popular dub pairing would be Matt x Mimi. I don't think Yamato x Mimi was popular in Japan at all.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 10:24 PM   #144
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I recently asked if the creative team had definitive final forms for the other six DIgidested's partners. It seems to have been revealed only last year with a Japanese exclusive video game that played through the season and added in a segment where each faces the boss villains of Apoclaymon and its forced to warp digivolve apparently at the time of the final fight.
http://digimon.wikia.com/wiki/Digimon_Adventure_(PSP)

Where was said again that the kids had to return to the Digiworld to give up their crest and the partners ability to digivolve past Champion? Was it the movie or a second season episode?
Old 10-13-2014, 02:37 AM   #145
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
I recently asked if the creative team had definitive final forms for the other six DIgidested's partners. It seems to have been revealed only last year with a Japanese exclusive video game that played through the season and added in a segment where each faces the boss villains of Apoclaymon and its forced to warp digivolve apparently at the time of the final fight.
http://digimon.wikia.com/wiki/Digimon_Adventure_(PSP)
I said this earlier. I own the game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
As for confirmed Megas (ultimates) for the show's characters (and my PSP Digimon Adventure RPG game) I think they were...

Piyomon > Birdramon > Garudamon > Hououmon

Tentomon > Kabuterimon >AtlurKabuterimon > Heracles Kabuterimon

Palmon > Togemon > Lilymon > Rosemon

Gomamon > Ikkakumon > Zudomon > Marine Angemon or either Pleisomon (this was debated years ago, but I'm sure for Jou's Gomamon it's Marine Angemom)

Patamon > Angemon > Holy Angemon > Seraphimon

Plotmon > Tailmon > Angewomon > Holy Dramon (I think it might be Ophanimon for the game but for the anime Holy Dramon...she can evolve to both)
The only one I couldn't recall right off was Gomamon's.

To unlock their megas, you have to do rank ups. Everytime you speak with one of the other Chosen Children you get an option. Choose the correct choice, you increase the rank of both characters and the stronger the bond/rank between said characters and they're battling together, there are moments where they'll help you in battle without using any of this game's equivalent of mp.

Of course I want Mimi and Koushirou to have a perfect bond. lol
Quote:
Where was said again that the kids had to return to the Digiworld to give up their crest and the partners ability to digivolve past Champion? Was it the movie or a second season episode?
In 02, forgot which ep, though. Koushirou explained how they sacrificed their natural crest powers to help free the Holy Beast guardians, iirc.

I don't know, but my interpretation was that they could still reach higher forms, but without the extra power boost from their partners, just would be more difficult to do. I could be wrong about that, though. That's just the impression I got from it.
Old 10-13-2014, 09:50 AM   #146
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Sorry, I did not realize you cited the Japanese exclusive video game as your source. So many post its hard to absorb everything. ITs too bad its on one system and in one country.

I remember right before the Digimon World Tour a being I want to say it was one of the Genai clones returned the ability to the original DigiDestined.

This Digiegg hatching for information might not be done by the time the season debuts in Japan. The second egg still has 660,400 to go.

Any word on the US network that will air the new season?
Old 10-13-2014, 11:55 AM   #147
Wesley
Mad Scientist

I watched the dub of Digimon Adventure 1 and 2 in the early 2000s. I thought the first season started off slowly, but it got much better about halfway through season one. I liked season 2 as a child, but I watched it as an adult a few years ago and I thought it was so bad it was funny.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 01:41 PM   #148
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

I don't really feel like Adventure started off too slowly, but that might just be my Tamers bias talking, since that one did start off slowly. Also, speaking of Tamers: you watch that one? It's really good, and the dubbing is much better. It's got 02's talent without so many jokes.

EDIT: And don't you guys start dogpiling me again for mentioning the D word. You'll get reported.
Old 10-13-2014, 02:15 PM   #149
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netkeeper View Post
I don't really feel like Adventure started off too slowly, but that might just be my Tamers bias talking, since that one did start off slowly. Also, speaking of Tamers: you watch that one? It's really good, and the dubbing is much better. It's got 02's talent without so many jokes.

EDIT: And don't you guys start dogpiling me again for mentioning the D word. You'll get reported.
I only watched a few episodes of Tamers. I lost interest in the series after that and moved on to other shows like Yugioh. I think the airing schedule for Tamers in Ireland was erratic, so that didn't help matters. No further seasons were aired and I forgot about Digimon until a few years ago.

Last edited by Wesley; 10-13-2014 at 02:36 PM.
Old 10-13-2014, 03:03 PM   #150
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

You should really look into it. It's on US Netflix [don't know about anywhere else] along with both Adventure series and Fusion.
Old 10-13-2014, 03:08 PM   #151
The Stryker
Stupid Rich

Quote:
I like how you say this like someone would be scared. Stop being such a baby about this kind of stuff man.

I watched a few episodes of Fusion. I don't know. I couldn't really get into it much. Maybe it's because I don't like the designs for any of the Digimon. It's just not grabbing me in the slightest.

@~<3 Mom~@

Last edited by The Stryker; 10-13-2014 at 03:16 PM.
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 03:39 PM   #152
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

I agree about Fusion. I just couldn't get into it.
Old 10-13-2014, 03:44 PM   #153
Allio
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stryker View Post
I watched a few episodes of Fusion. I don't know. I couldn't really get into it much. Maybe it's because I don't like the designs for any of the Digimon. It's just not grabbing me in the slightest.

Yeah, it seems to be at best Xros Wars is a pretty average, english less so. Honestly, the manga is much better.
Old 10-13-2014, 04:26 PM   #154
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Quote:
You should really look into it. It's on US Netflix [don't know about anywhere else] along with both Adventure series and Fusion.
I'm not a big fan of Netflix. I prefer watching shows on television channels or dvd.
Old 10-13-2014, 05:49 PM   #155
ssjup81
Foot Elite

What's Fusion again?

I've still yet to see that XROS show. I caught a couple of eps when it still aired Tuesday evenings about 3 or 4 years ago...but it was more like background noise while I was preparing dinner. lol
Old 10-13-2014, 05:53 PM   #156
The Stryker
Stupid Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
I'm not a big fan of Netflix. I prefer watching shows on television channels or dvd.
What exactly is the difference between watching on DVD and on Netflix?

Unless you really love switching dvds every 4 episodes.

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 08:40 PM   #157
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Sorry, I did not realize you cited the Japanese exclusive video game as your source. So many post its hard to absorb everything. ITs too bad its on one system and in one country.
I apologize for that. I tend to write long posts sometimes if I have a lot of information to share, like the posts I've made in this thread about the Michi e no Armor Shinka CD drama where the Adventure 02 kids' Digimon armor evolved to other forms because of Jou mixing up their Digimentals and the Adventure kids' Digimon evolving to other forms (though made up). They were feeling left out and they evolved and it was funny.
Quote:
I remember right before the Digimon World Tour a being I want to say it was one of the Genai clones returned the ability to the original DigiDestined.
That was the real Gennai I think, but he gave them the ability to evolve by using the powers of the Digicore from Qinglongmon (I have no idea what the dub name is...I wasn't watching 02 at this point and I can't recall it right off).
Quote:
This Digiegg hatching for information might not be done by the time the season debuts in Japan. The second egg still has 660,400 to go.
Yeah, they need to. I doubt they can get through 7 eggs with limited play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
I watched the dub of Digimon Adventure 1 and 2 in the early 2000s. I thought the first season started off slowly, but it got much better about halfway through season one. I liked season 2 as a child, but I watched it as an adult a few years ago and I thought it was so bad it was funny.
Hm, for me, 02's dub was so bad, it was bad. I was too old anyway for the show when it aired originally. I probably wasn't part of the demographic anyway. Let me put it this way, I'm round about the age of Jou's middle brother. lol
Quote:
I'd heard that Tamers had a good dub. Maybe someday I'll leave my Japanese Digimon bubble, due to the bit of 02's dub I could manage to get through that put me here, and look at it.
Quote:
I'm trying to figure out what the "d-word" is...
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stryker View Post
I like how you say this like someone would be scared. Stop being such a baby about this kind of stuff man.

Wait, is Fusion, Frontier?
Old 10-13-2014, 09:14 PM   #158
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Fusion is Xros Wars.
Old 10-14-2014, 05:37 AM   #159
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Fusion is Xros Wars.
I will never understand the need to change English to English...
Old 10-14-2014, 08:56 AM   #160
pharaohyami5000
Thug

Probably because "wars" is a pretty sensitive term nowadays.

Transformers Beast Wars got away with it, though Canada calls it Beasties instead.
pharaohyami5000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
digimon