The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Books, Comics, and Other Literature

Notices

Old 11-21-2017, 11:54 PM   #1
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

JLA/Young Animal: Milk Wars

A New Trinity of Wholesome Heroes is Coming to DC Comics

Quote:
DC’s always had a fondness for pitting its heroes against bizarre, alternate reality versions of themselves in epic death matches. But in its upcoming JLA/Young Animal: Milk Wars event, the publisher’s trying something a little different by straight up rewriting the origins and identities of its iconic Trinity to create something new.

Over the course of five one-shot issues, heroes from DC’s main continuity and its Young Animal imprint will team up against RetCo, an interdimensional corporation that has the ability to rewrite realities in order to “package” them as stories for new audiences. Milk War begins when the Justice League and the Doom Patrol are forced to go up against Milkman Man, an even more sanitized version of Superman who’s been shaped to serve RetCo’s larger evil plan.

Along with Milkman Man, Milk Wars will also introduce Father Bruce, a Batman who commits his life to taking in orphaned children, and Wonder Wife, a horrifying, Stepford-ized version of Diana. Thankfully, Milk Wars is going to be a lean story that runs for about a month before wrapping up. It’ll be a solid way to get caught up on what’s going on over in Young Animal’s neck of the woods and let’s be honest—it’s gonna be a hoot to see the Wholesome Trinity in action.

JLA/Young Animal: Milk Wars begins with Steve Orlando, Gerard Way, ACO, Magdalene Visaggio, and Sonny Liew’s JLA/Doom Patrol Special #1 out January 31 next year.

[CBR]
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 12:37 AM   #2
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

really making Batman a religious dude not sure how I feel about that. Also Stepford Wife Diana is totally a 180 of her,
Old 11-22-2017, 01:15 AM   #3
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I really wish I could make a Spaceballs MegaMaid joke, but I'm not sure if it will work.
Old 11-22-2017, 02:02 AM   #4
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Oh man, it's like those Christian "family value safe" alternatives, Batman is now Bibleman
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 09:00 AM   #5
snake
Disgusting

This sounds so much fun. DC is really knocking it out of the park comic-wise.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 08:45 PM   #6
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
really making Batman a religious dude not sure how I feel about that. Also Stepford Wife Diana is totally a 180 of her,
Well, yeah, that's like the whole point. These so called "wholesome" characters that we already know are going to be evil are undoubtedly going to be regressively conservative too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Oh man, it's like those Christian "family value safe" alternatives, Batman is now Bibleman
Right? Like evil versions of a Norman Rockwell painting

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
They really are. I think I'm set on going to the movies for Marvel and going to the comic book store for DC
Old 11-22-2017, 10:09 PM   #7
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

This is some very Gerard Way s***.

I kind of love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
I'm super happy with the turnaround they've made in quality.
Old 11-23-2017, 01:38 PM   #8
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Issue solicitations:

Quote:
JLA/DOOM PATROL SPECIAL #1
Written by STEVE ORLANDO and GERARD WAY
Art by ACO
Backup story written by MAGDALENE VISAGGIO
Backup story art by SONNY LIEW
Cover by FRANK QUITELY

“MILK WARS” part one! Welcome to the un-event of the year! Kicking off a line-wide adventure, DC’s Young Animal collides with the DC Universe to bring you a different kind of crossover. The Doom Patrol has discovered that an interdimensional corporation called RetCo has been stealing stories, reconfiguring them and repackaging them for new markets. Our gang of misfit heroes have felt the touch of this nefarious company, and it has already started to change them. Even scarier, though, is how deeply RetCo has embedded itself into current continuity, using the radioactive milk of psychic cows to quell the more dangerous impulses of the Justice League and turn them into heroes safe for the masses. And to kick this off, RetCo has gone all the way to the top.
Meet Milkman Man, heretofore unknown final son of Krypton, who was sent to our planet to save him from the destruction of his homeworld, only to be adopted by an evil dairy farmer and raised to love all things dairy!
Co-plotted by Steve Orlando and Gerard Way, with art by ACO (MIDNIGHTER), this extra-sized special starts “Milk Wars” with a splash!
Plus, who is Eternity Girl, and how does she connect to this whole scheme? A special four-part back-up feature by Magdalene Visaggio (Kim and Kim) and Sonny Liew (The Art of Charlie Chan Hock Chye) begins here.
RETRO-SOLICITED • ONE-SHOT • On sale JANUARY 31 • 48 pg, FC, $4.99 US • RATED T+

MOTHER PANIC/BATMAN SPECIAL #1
Written by JODY HOUSER
Art by TY TEMPLETON
Cover by FRANK QUITELY

“MILK WARS” part two! Mother Panic has discovered a Gotham City transformed. What happened to her family and friends? And who moved into Gather House, the religious school that scarred Mother Panic as a young girl? It’s Father Bruce, the orphan millionaire who decided to give back to society by filling the deep demand for sidekicks. So many Robins in need of a nest!
Plus, part two of the Eternity Girl backup story!
ONE-SHOT • On sale FEBRUARY 7 • 48 pg, FC, $4.99 US • RATED T+

SHADE, THE CHANGING GIRL/WONDER WOMAN SPECIAL #1
Written by CECIL CASTELLUCCI
Art by MIRKA ANDOLFO
Cover by FRANK QUITELY

“MILK WARS” part three! Shade has been split into multiple parts, each representing a different mood, all in service to the perfect and beautiful Wonder Wife. But Happy Shade is starting to sense that not all is right in Wonderland, and she finds something strange staring back at her on the other side of the looking glass!
Plus, part three of the Eternity Girl backup story!
ONE-SHOT • On sale FEBRUARY 14 • 48 pg, FC, $4.99 US • RATED T+

CAVE CARSON HAS A CYBERNETIC EYE/SWAMP THING SPECIAL #1

Written by JON RIVERA
Art by LANGDON FOSS
Cover by FRANK QUITELY

“MILK WARS” part four! Swamp Thing has detected a disturbance in the Green, and his hunt for it has led him to RetCo headquarters. There he finds Cave Carson and his crew struggling against being assimilated into RetCo’s diabolical narrative. Is it possible for Swampy and Cave to destroy the organization from the inside?
Plus, find out how their efforts help Eternity Girl in the final installment of her backup story!
ONE-SHOT • On sale FEBRUARY 21 • 48 pg, FC, $4.99 US • RATED T+

DOOM PATROL/JLA SPECIAL #1

Written by STEVE ORLANDO and GERARD WAY
Art by DALE EAGLESHAM and others
Cover by FRANK QUITELY

“MILK WARS” finale! As RetCo’s foundation shatters, the Young Animal teams come together with the Justice League and even more DC Universe heroes to finish the job. The only problem is, Milkman Man and RetCo still stand in their way. To right reality, the heroes of Young Animal and the DC Universe will have to unlock an outrageous power never before seen on any world!

This mind-blowing conclusion will establish new realities for all of the DC’s Young Animal titles. Look for the return of Cave Carson, Shade and Mother Panic next month!*

ONE-SHOT • On sale FEBRUARY 28 • 48 pg, FC, $4.99 US • RATED T+
Old 11-24-2017, 08:54 AM   #9
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

This looks soo weird, but I actually kinda like it.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 02:28 PM   #10
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

I just realize the premise reminds me of Stepford wives and that Fairy odd parents episode with the milk
Old 11-27-2017, 01:21 PM   #11
AquaParade
Banned

These Young Animal comics are my favorite. Gerard Way has such a fun imagination.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 12:32 PM   #12
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

An early preview is out:

Spoiler:

Old 03-04-2018, 11:45 AM   #13
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Milk Wars finished up last week. It was really weird but really good, I highly recommend it

Tags
batman, superman, wonder woman