The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

View Poll Results: Is bullying always a bad thing?
Yes, it is. 14 82.35%
No, it's not. 0 0%
Sometimes it is. 3 17.65%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-02-2017, 12:44 AM   #21
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Does that even happen in real life? Shoving someone's head down the toilet? Because I've never seen or heard of that happen in real life. And I've seen and experienced bullying before. Seems more like a movie thing in general..

I wondered the same thing myself when I typed that but was just going on the image posted.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 12:45 AM   #22
Prowler
Emperor

Kids are cruel and jerks to each other. I don't think they're truly aware sometimes of what they're doing tbh. I mean, I remember a lot of people back up until 10th grade being tools and jerks to others, but nowadays are normal functional adults and no longer do that. I'm not excusing or defending their former behaviour btw.

What's even worse is when people keep bullying others as adults. Workplace bullying is a thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post

Yet they still feel the need to berate others. Just because they're popular and have good grades, it doesn't mean they might not have something going on. They're clearly insecure about something.
That is true. I never understood that, tbh. If I was so popular, had good grades, a great home life and such why would I feel the need to be an ass to people who don't have those things? If anything, someone as equally popular and successful would be way more likely to stab me in the back, since they'd have the power to do so.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 12:54 AM   #23
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post

That is true. I never understood that, tbh. If I was so popular, had good grades, a great home life and such why would I feel the need to be an ass to people who don't have those things? If anything, someone as equally popular and successful would be way more likely to stab me in the back, since they'd have the power to do so.
It could be that their fortune just got to their heads, and haven't learning to be gracious about their talents to not look down on others who aren't as fortunate in the ways that they are. You know, like the good athlete who talks trash to others who don't have their skills, or the guy who gets all the girls and pities the guys who have difficulty getting a date.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 12:58 AM   #24
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
It could be that they just let these things go to their head, and haven't learning to be gracious about their talents to not look down on others who aren't as fortunate in the ways that they are.
Yeah kids can be real assholes about such things. That's why lots of people who aren't good at sports never bother to improve. because they get made fun of and harassed in school for not being extremely talented at them.

Kids/teenagers tend to be very insecure and want to look for approval of their peers. From my observation, bullying was worse from 7th to 9th grade. Around 10th grade it became less aggressive, even if people were still shallow.
Old 12-02-2017, 01:08 AM   #25
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

The flip side is... many people who never got bullied, never got punched in the face... they sometimes grow up to be self-entitled a**holes. I know quite a few people that maybe could have served to -- if not necessarily get bullied in the strictest sense -- maybe get their ass kicked at least once in life.

Nowadays I think bullies as we may have known them in the 80s or 90s would be immediately expelled, with the parents possibly facing lawsuits. I think maybe things have gone too far.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 01:14 AM   #26
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
The flip side is... many people who never got bullied, never got punched in the face... they sometimes grow up to be self-entitled a**holes
Those people were most likely bullies themselves.

Also, one odd thing about bullies is that they tend to play the victim when they're stood up to.

All in all, bullying is never acceptable, no matter how one tries to justify it.
Old 12-02-2017, 03:22 AM   #27
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

As someone who was bullied, there's no up sides to being bullied. "Building character", "learning to take a stand" are just weak ass excuses bullies use when they're confronted with their bullying.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 05:11 AM   #28
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Anyone else get the feeling that either Andrew hasn't been bullied himself or was a bully?
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 05:44 AM   #29
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Anyone else get the feeling that either Andrew hasn't been bullied himself or was a bully?
I wanted to say that at first, but he said he thinks it's a horrible thing, and said he wouldn't want his daughter to experience it. I also had the same thought about the ones who didn't vote yes. In Andrew's case, I'd guess that he hasn't been bullied, but not so much that he ever did any bullying.
Old 12-02-2017, 07:08 AM   #30
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
There is no reason to assume either of them.

I could even say he asked this question because he was severly bullied once and is either trying to somehow justify why it happened in life, or wasn't ever a bully himself and was curious to gain their perspectives, but those are just assumptions too.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 10:48 AM   #31
Wesley
Mad Scientist

I was bullied every now and then in school for nearly a year, though I was well able to stand up for himself and there was always someone to talk to.

One odd thing about the two bullies I knew was there were many times that they talked to me as if we were good friends (very charming and polite, surprisingly enough) and they seemed to have a split personality. After a while, I realized that they both couldn’t be trusted.

Last edited by Wesley; 12-02-2017 at 11:05 AM.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 12:41 PM   #32
CyberCubed
Overlord

I was never bullied. Everyone always stuck up for me in school. I have no idea why either, I was never all that friendly with a lot of these people but they always looked after me for some reason. Probably helped I used to be the shortest kid in the class.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 12:43 PM   #33
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I was never bullied. Everyone always stuck up for me in school. I have no idea why either, I was never all that friendly with a lot of these people but they always looked after me for some reason. Probably helped I used to be the shortest kid in the class.
Probably because, no matter how annoying you can be and how many head scratching things you say at times, there is a certain charm about you that makes it impossible for anyone to truly dislike you. Hence why pretty much no one in this place wants to see you getting banned or leaving this place ever
Old 12-03-2017, 05:10 PM   #34
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Quote:
Coming out of a bad situation well doesn't somehow magically exonerate the people who made the situation bad in the first place.
Perfectly said.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 05:39 PM   #35
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
The flip side is... many people who never got bullied, never got punched in the face... they sometimes grow up to be self-entitled a**holes. I know quite a few people that maybe could have served to -- if not necessarily get bullied in the strictest sense -- maybe get their ass kicked at least once in life.
No thats just bad parenting, they don't need a bullying but good parents
Old 12-03-2017, 05:51 PM   #36
XERO
Hybrid Theorist

People have committed suicide because of bullying.

Let that sh*t sink in.

"Travel at the speed of light... then hit the nitro!"
XERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 06:08 AM   #37
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post
Perfectly said.
Totally. Also, if anyone wants to use that argument that bullying teaches kids to stick up for themselves, or that victims become successful as adults, then most victims might say they turned out well IN SPITE OF it. Not because of it.