The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 04-18-2019, 11:01 AM   #1
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Softboys

We've heard of "hipsters," often comprised of "millennials" but not exclusively so. Now there is... "softboys"?

With toxic masculinity under a long-overdue microscope, the time is ripe for a gentler, kinder sort of man. Enter the softboy, also known as the softboi. The softboy is part identity, part aesthetic. He’s nonthreatening, nontoxic, and knows how to wear a pastel. At least, that’s the dream.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...he-history-and

https://medium.com/s/can-we-talk/hav...y-7e95e2c7f3e7

https://metro.co.uk/2019/01/03/what-...u-one-8305981/
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 11:14 AM   #2
AquaParade
Banned

This is the sort of **** I'm comfortable ignoring on any and all levels. Has yet to enter my life in any meaningful way.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 11:18 AM   #3
neatoman
Emperor

So, from what I understand the term refers to a pick-up artist with a gentle facade? Is that it?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 11:20 AM   #4
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
So, from what I understand the term refers to a pick-up artist with a gentle facade? Is that it?
That's kind of what I'm getting out of it. Though it's not really a facade?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 11:43 AM   #5
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Really wish this need/trend to label every single god damned thing ever would end. It's like people can't have their own individual personalities and traits that are within the realm of normal human beings without it having to be labeled; and that goes both ways, labeling to be demeaning/criticizing or labeling to sound "special."

Cripe, some guys have always been softies, be it just on the inside or the outside too. So? Did humanity somehow forget up until now that the men of the world have not in fact all been lumberjacks?

That said... if what you guys said is true and this is a new angle for the fake "good guy" agenda nonsense, that crap needs to quit too, like yesterday.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 04-18-2019 at 11:51 AM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 11:46 AM   #6
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Really wish this need/trend to label every single god damned thing ever would end. It's like people can't have their own individual personalities and traits that are within the realm of normal human beings without it having to be labeled; and that goes both ways, labeling to be demeaning/criticizing or labeling to sound "special."

Cripe, some guys have always been softies, be it just on the inside or the outside too. So? Did humanity somehow forget that up until now the men of the world have not in fact all been lumberjacks?

That said... if what you guys said is true and this is a new angle for the fake "good guy" agenda nonsense, that crap needs to quit too, like yesterday.
I like what you've said here.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 03:48 PM   #7
Prowler
Emperor

Man, 3 links to crappy clickbait websites?! Including Buzzfeed?

Quote:

Cripe, some guys have always been softies, be it just on the inside or the outside too. So? Did humanity somehow forget up until now that the men of the world have not in fact all been lumberjacks?

Yeah, pretty much this. Never heard of such term before clicking on this thread and I still wish I hadn't heard of it. The term f*ckboi is also moronic.

It'd be one thing if teenagers were making up all of those ridiculous labels, but it's ADULTS in their 20s and 30s who are making them and adhering to them. Wtf.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 03:59 PM   #8
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Quote:

Agreed. Couldn’t have said it better myself.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 06:42 PM   #9
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

What I get from this, is that neo nazis are now afraid of men who don't like to fight.

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 09:39 PM   #10
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

I ate so much over Easter that I am now a softboy.