The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 03-23-2017, 12:05 PM   #61
AquaParade
Banned

While the movie isn't perfect, I never understood the issue with Danny. I thought he was a good way to give us a perspective on Saki's operation, as well as parallel his family issues with the turtles.

I never felt like he was the focus of the movie.

While I'm here, can I just say how much I love intro to this movie? Seeing Ninja's cruising around in the back of a van in grungy 90's New York is such a pleasure for me. The grainy look of the film, as well as the makeshit feel of The Foot's operation was another way the film captured the spirit of the comics for me, visually. Subtle but effective.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 10:12 AM   #62
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Where in the comic's version was the nunchaku contest, aquarium dipping or cymbal attack?
Obviously they added that stuff as is the case with any movie adapted from a comic.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 10:42 AM   #63
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
Obviously they added that stuff as is the case with any movie adapted from a comic.
That's not exactly the point, would those parts have meshed well if they were in the comic?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 08:50 PM   #64
Hamato Yoshi
Stone Warrior

So I guess it will be like Licence to Kill = with an edge and very little humor
Hamato Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 08:54 PM   #65
Hamato Yoshi
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
Jaws was rated pretty much an 18 although this dropped over the years to a 12
I believe it was rated 15 in Norway.....Licence to Kill was prolly 15 , too.
Hamato Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 03:12 AM   #66
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamato Yoshi View Post
I believe it was rated 15 in Norway.....Licence to Kill was prolly 15 , too.
This movie does not need a 15 age rating, why would anyone come to such an absurd conslusion? It is, at worst, pushing 7 to the limit. 11 almost seems far too much.
Hahahaha!
Old 05-28-2017, 03:18 AM   #67
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
This movie does not need a 15 age rating, why would anyone come to such an absurd conslusion? It is, at worst, pushing 7 to the limit. 11 almost seems far too much.
As a child, I would watch a lot of ordinary action-adventure comedy films on video, somehow usually rated 15 in Sweden.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 05:57 AM   #68
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
its a recommended age limit, not enforced. The MPAA is more ridiculous of a system.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 06:14 AM   #69
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
its a recommended age limit, not enforced. The MPAA is more ridiculous of a system.
Sure, I just don't get why this movie in particular gets that high of an age limit in the first place.
Hahahaha!
Old 05-28-2017, 06:28 AM   #70
Overlord

Quote:
In cinemas, ratings are enforced.
Old 05-28-2017, 06:38 AM   #71
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Sure, I just don't get why this movie in particular gets that high of an age limit in the first place.
It's not a hard nut to crack, it's a kid's movie featuring the dreaded "karatesticks", plenty of fighting and Shredder was (until reconned by SotO) killed by being thrown off a building and crushed inside a garbage truck on purpose. And it had some swearing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
In cinemas, ratings are enforced.
Unless it's a adult movie, kids can have a age appropriate guardian accompany them.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 06:41 AM   #72
Overlord

Quote:
It's not a hard nut to crack, it's a kid's movie featuring the dreaded "karatesticks", plenty of fighting and Shredder was (until reconned by SotO) killed by being thrown off a building and crushed inside a garbage truck on purpose. And it had some swearing.

Unless it's a adult movie, kids can have a age appropriate guardian accompany them.
Yes. Also, most children don't go to cinemas alone anyway.
Old 06-01-2017, 08:52 AM   #73
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:

The first movie is certainly a PG film although it's interesting to see how useless that rating has become, at least in the UK.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 05:35 AM   #74
mikezilla2
Foot Soldier

So Where dos this Topic Stand Now ?
mikezilla2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 08:40 AM   #75
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Quote:
Oh no, he's one of those guys who gouge people with batons XD
Is this a disparagement of the homosexual community?
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 04:12 PM   #76
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikezilla2 View Post
So Where dos this Topic Stand Now ?
Nothing was ever gonna come of this & everyone knows it. He got $200 from a handful of fools, that's all.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 10:29 PM   #77
sdp
-

I don't understand all the negativity found in this thread, I think this actually has a chance of happening, we as a fandom need to stick together and back this project to make it happen. #backed #adultTMNT #wearemiragefans #krangrox

And for the haters and doubters, you clearly did not read the Risks and Challenges section, he clearly addresses all concerns here and has a plan.
Quote:
Risks and challenges
1. Nickelodeon owns Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles at the moment. To make the film, they would have to approve of this vision. Traditionally, their market is much younger, but I feel that the more than 80 million millennials out there would be compelling to them.

It is not my desire to alienate today's teenagers by making this film, but to introduce them to the turtles in a sophisticated manner. Though it will be violent and there may be some brief nudity, it will not step over the bounds of good taste and risk traumatizing youth. Rather, it should provide lessons about the challenge of becoming an adult which is a theme in my vision.

So, in the end, I hope to have the teenagers of 90s and today in theaters eating it up together.

2. Much of what is promised here is admittedly up in the air. There has been no meeting with Mark Cuban and there is no production company behind this yet. But, I have a strong and clear vision and the unwavering will to accomplish it. If there is a demand for this film, I believe I am the producer to put the necessary pieces together.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 10:51 PM   #78
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
While the movie isn't perfect, I never understood the issue with Danny. I thought he was a good way to give us a perspective on Saki's operation, as well as parallel his family issues with the turtles.
The issue is that troubled kids and even LITTLE kids are not compatible with the seamless sort of underworld Saki is supposed to be running in the source material.

What happens when Little Johnny goes and snitches on Big Bad Master Tatsu? The whole house of cards come down.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 11:06 PM   #79
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I don't understand all the negativity found in this thread, I think this actually has a chance of happening, we as a fandom need to stick together and back this project to make it happen. #backed #adultTMNT #wearemiragefans #krangrox

And for the haters and doubters, you clearly did not read the Risks and Challenges section, he clearly addresses all concerns here and has a plan.
Are you serious? Come on. I'd love to make a Sonic movie but I'm not gonna waste time trying to appoint myself as the "man for the job" to Sega.

His story could be great. That's not the point. He thinks, or thought anyway, he could get Nick to approve his idea for $20 million? This whole pitch was ridiculous. Nick was not gonna give him a dollar.

No one is going to take you seriously when all you've done is write fanfic to something you have no rights to. You can't squeeze your way into someone else's franchise.
Old 08-09-2017, 11:19 PM   #80
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
No one is going to take you seriously when all you've done is write fanfic to something you have no rights to. You can't squeeze your way into someone else's franchise.
No?

Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote