The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 06-24-2017, 09:45 PM   #21
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Merdude was Michelangelo's name for him. In both the original cartoon and Archie, he had a unique Atlantean name before Michelangelo started calling him that.
Alim Celocanth in Fred Wolf.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 09:15 AM   #22
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Finally. FINALLY. FINALLY we know Kitsune's plan!!!!!!

I like it. As I like the rest of the Pantheon...

Spoiler:
Gothano and Manmoth. Jagwar is less interesting, just because "honorable warrior" is all too familiar. But I'm disappointed to see that there is no snake member like that one panel in Casey & April led us to believe.

And dammit, IDW Michelangelo is now almost as big a screw-up as Nick Michelangelo.
Old 06-28-2017, 09:20 AM   #23
ChosenOne
Banned

Oooh, boy! What an issue! Kitsune's big master plan was finally revealed!

Spoiler:
I had an inkling it would go something like this (I even asked Bobby a question in his thread that would confirm my suspicions a while back, I was only off in thinking the Dragon Warrior was Kitsune's spouse and not her/their father) and it's safe to say that things are about to kick into high gear with the Pantheon plot now! Not just because of the cliffhanger in this issue, but it's looking very likely that Saki will be brought back before #100. I don't think Kitsune's plan will work out the way she intends, though, because of his own personality and the way he made peace with Yoshi before he died. We'll see...

The new Pantheon members are a LOT of fun!

On the one hand, I'm dying to see Manmoth in a fight. On the other hand, I have no friggin' clue how the Turtles will be even remotely able to handle him, considering they've always been stomped in battle by these powerhouse brute types and he seems more powerful than any others they've faced.

Can #72 come out next week? Pretty please?
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 09:22 AM   #24
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Oooh, boy! What an issue! Kitsune's big master plan was finally revealed!

Spoiler:
I had an inkling it would go something like this (I even asked Bobby a question in his thread that would confirm my suspicions a while back, I was only off in thinking the Dragon Warrior was Kitsune's spouse and not her/their father) and it's safe to say that things are about to kick into high gear with the Pantheon plot now! Not just because of the cliffhanger in this issue, but it's looking very likely that Saki will be brought back before #100. I don't think Kitsune's plan will work out the way she intends, though, because of his own personality and the way he made peace with Yoshi before he died. We'll see...

The new Pantheon members are a LOT of fun!

On the one hand, I'm dying to see Manmoth in a fight. On the other hand, I have no friggin' clue how the Turtles will be even remotely able to handle him, considering they've always been stomped in battle by these powerhouse brute types and he seems more powerful than any others they've faced.

Can #72 come out next week? Pretty please?
Yeah, I'm super excited to see where Kitsune's plan goes over the next >25 issues!

And I just wanna see what Gothano looks like without the hood.
Old 06-28-2017, 09:25 AM   #25
ChosenOne
Banned

I'm not so sure if the hood comes off... If it does and we never see him without it, hey, the guy is the keeper of secrets after all!

I can't help but be reminded of The Addams Family's Cousin Itt, though.
Old 06-28-2017, 09:33 AM   #26
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

So, it looks like we've seen the IDW version of dragon Lord. (I don't care if he's called that in comic, he's a dragon, and he's a Lord) looking forward to seeing where this goes next.
Old 06-28-2017, 09:35 AM   #27
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
So, it looks like we've seen the IDW version of dragon Lord. (I don't care if he's called that in comic, he's a dragon, and he's a Lord) looking forward to seeing where this goes next.
Tom and Bobby have successfully revitalized my interest in the Pantheon.

Wasn't actually expecting to actually have Kitsune straight-up blurt out her secret plan... or for everyone to laugh at her!
Old 06-28-2017, 09:40 AM   #28
ChosenOne
Banned

After rereading through the reveal of the plan and the reactions from the other Pantheon members, it looks to me like not all of them will be on board with Kitsune's goal.

Aka, Toad Baron and Manmoth didn't seem to care all that much for the plan, and Jagwar might be swayed against it by the events of next issue. Gothano seems largely neutral so far, so we'll see which side he ends up on.

I expect some of them will actively help the Turtles against Kitsune, not just Aka.
Old 06-28-2017, 09:42 AM   #29
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
After rereading through the reveal of the plan and the reactions from the other Pantheon members, it looks to me like not all of them will be on board with Kitsune's goal.

Aka, Toad Baron and Manmoth didn't seem to care all that much for the plan, and Jagwar might be swayed against it by the events of next issue. Gothano seems largely neutral so far, so we'll see which side he ends up on.

I expect some of them will actively help the Turtles against Kitsune, not just Aka.
I think it's too soon to say... I'd say we can look to their motivations to better understand where they might align.

Manmoth cares about survival; Rat King cares about chaos... those two are gonna end up opposed, it seems, just based on the fact that chaos usually threatens survival.
Old 06-28-2017, 09:55 AM   #30
ChosenOne
Banned

Spoiler:
Regarding the Pantheon members' motivations, we don't yet know what happened to the Dragon Warrior the first time around. Who's to say he wasn't Chi-You'd by one or more of his children? And that said children might not want him back at all? It was said that his time is gone, but technically so is his children's, and they're still around... So something else had to happen there that took him off the board. Kitsune is the only one committed to the plan, heck, I can even imagine Rat King standing against her if push came to shove.

They each want to rule unopposed and do their own thing, not have "Daddy" breathing down their necks... At the very least, Aka will side with Turtles. Manmoth and Jagwar might be swayed or impressed by their honorable principles and martial skill in #72, and Toad Baron mostly just wants to party. If his one-panel depiction in this issue is anything to go by, I imagine the Dragon Warrior being more akin to Kavaxas from the Nick cartoon, ie, not caring about much other than conquest and doom and gloom and death and fire and brimstone, yada, yada, yada.

There will definitely be a split in opinions regarding his return.
Old 06-28-2017, 09:58 AM   #31
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Spoiler:
Regarding the Pantheon members' motivations, we don't yet know what happened to the Dragon Warrior the first time around. Who's to say he wasn't Chi-You'd by one or more of his children? And that said children might not want him back at all? It was said that his time is gone, but technically so is his children's, and they're still around... So something else had to happen there that took off the board. Kitsune is the only one committed to the plan, heck, I can even imagine Rat King standing against her if push came to shove.

They each want to rule unopposed and do their own thing, not have "Daddy" breathing down their necks... At the very least, Aka will side with Turtles. Manmoth and Jagwar might be swayed or impressed by their honorable principles and martial skill in #72, and Toad Baron mostly just wants to party. If his one-panel depiction in this issue is anything to go by, I imagine the Dragon Warrior being more akin to Kavaxas from the Nick cartoon, ie, not caring about much other than conquest and doom and gloom and death and fire and brimstone, yada, yada, yada.

There will definitely be a split in opinions regarding his return.
True, true. I wonder if Karai's Path will tie into this at all? That one cover looks quite similar....
Old 06-28-2017, 10:03 AM   #32
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Finally. FINALLY. FINALLY we know Kitsune's plan!!!!!!

I like it. As I like the rest of the Pantheon...

Spoiler:
Gothano and Manmoth. Jagwar is less interesting, just because "honorable warrior" is all too familiar. But I'm disappointed to see that there is no snake member like that one panel in Casey & April led us to believe.

And dammit, IDW Michelangelo is now almost as big a screw-up as Nick Michelangelo.
Same in regards to the disappointment regarding the lack of that hypothesized Pantheon member... but then again, maybe they were a member and were killed by a sibling?

But yeah overall, very cool issue! Although goddammit Mikey, be quiet!
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 10:07 AM   #33
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Reading it again, soaking up the art and the little details... Manmoth is definitely a hit with me. "Waste not, want not."

It occurs to me, why does the Pantheon NEED to...

Spoiler:
... bring back the Dragon? Perhaps because the Pantheon rebelled against him, working together to vanquish him and rule over creation themselves? Oh, and I bet the way they did it was by manipulating humanity to rise up against him en masse!!! Thus the continuing rules of the Pantheon's game!!!
Old 06-28-2017, 10:39 AM   #34
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Reading it again, soaking up the art and the little details... Manmoth is definitely a hit with me. "Waste not, want not."

It occurs to me, why does the Pantheon NEED to...

Spoiler:
... bring back the Dragon? Perhaps because the Pantheon rebelled against him, working together to vanquish him and rule over creation themselves? Oh, and I bet the way they did it was by manipulating humanity to rise up against him en masse!!! Thus the continuing rules of the Pantheon's game!!!
Taking that into account, I wonder if stories such as the Olympians overthrowing the titans, and the Asgardians overthrowing the Jountus, might be based on the pantheon's revolt.
Old 06-28-2017, 11:02 AM   #35
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Spoiler:
Oh look. Another father. I mean, great twist, but really?
One more set of characters with Daddy Issues??? Especially on Kitsune's part,
since she's the only one who seems to want the Dragon back. But come on! Will it kill to have mothers that aren't dead/oddly absent?

Though, the part I find interesting is not because she wants whatever power he might have had, but because she thought it could make her family whole.
So at least there's that.

Extra thoughts:
  • Who/What/Where is the Pantheon Mother? Seriously, all those things? Maybe the snake?
  • I love Alfonso and Bob
  • Happy that Aka and Toad Baraon get along pretty well; at least they're not all at each other's throats.
  • Of course his name is Gothano !
  • Is anyone else bothered by the Mammoth eating meat???
  • Something seems a little creepy about Kitsune using her lover to resurrect her father, unless she was using marriage as a tactic for loyalty to her
  • Conveniently no mention that she was working with Krang; she absolutely knows where Chi-Yu went, but it would wreck things if she said.
  • I'm definitely going to peg some of Utrominion's downfall on Kitsune, as if she relied on it to collapse in order to get what she wants.
  • What is the meaning of "true children of the Pantheon" in regards to the mutants?
  • Get some living and present mothers in this story, for heaven's sake!!!
Old 06-28-2017, 11:43 AM   #36
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Quote:
it's not Mikey's fault.

the rats were probably just attracted to the Pizza cheese on his breath

i really loved Rat King in this issue!!
the guy exudes personality!
Old 06-28-2017, 11:46 AM   #37
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
Technically the Warrior Dragon would be more in line with the Archie version, aka Hothead:

Granted I think their Dragon spirit will be a new/unique character, but in Archie the spirit of the warrior dragon was in Chu Hsi.

Given all the Archie characters added recently like Dreadmon, Jagwar, Manmoth and soon Malinga and Stump, etc...it's more likely.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 11:50 AM   #38
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Technically the Warrior Dragon would be more in line with the Archie version, aka Hothead:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-iuO1cg3NuZ...00/Slash05.jpg

Granted I think their Dragon spirit will be a new/unique character, but in Archie the spirit of the warrior dragon was in Chu Hsi.

Given all the Archie characters added recently like Dreadmon, Jagwar, Manmoth and soon Malinga and Stump, etc...it's more likely.
Except warrior dragon isn't evil, dragon lord is. AND NICK MIKEY CALLING KEVEXAS HOTHEAD DOESN'T COUNT!
Old 06-28-2017, 12:02 PM   #39
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-iuO1cg3NuZ...00/Slash05.jpg

Hrm-hrm, did you forget she wanted to use Shredder?

Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 12:04 PM   #40
CyberCubed
Overlord

She wants to use Shredder as the vessel, but the spirit of the warrior dragon would be her father.

Wouldn't that just make Oroku Saki an empty shell/possessed?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote