The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 07-13-2017, 03:31 PM   #61
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
None of these movies are actually good, TMNT 1990 and TMNT 2007 come the closest to being good but they ultimately aren't. Ooze and TMNT 2014 are incredibly lame and somewhat annoying, III and Shadows are legitimate train wrecks.

I'm sorry if this bursts anyone's bubble but they haven't gotten negative reception because of stigma against the franchise, but because they're all lacking in some basic way.
1990 is one of the best comic book films of all time. It's a leginimately good film and I'll argue that with anyone.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 03:36 PM   #62
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
None of these movies are actually good, TMNT 1990 and TMNT 2007 come the closest to being good but they ultimately aren't. Ooze and TMNT 2014 are incredibly lame and somewhat annoying, III and Shadows are legitimate train wrecks.

I'm sorry if this bursts anyone's bubble but they haven't gotten negative reception because of stigma against the franchise, but because they're all lacking in some basic way.
True, the only way a TMNT movie can get a 60% or higher score, the story has to be good, and enough to draw the audience in, but TMNT has this stigma of it being a kids franchise, so they don't push it far enough.

from the Studios eyes, its a kids property, the next movie needs a director who puts a lot of heart into TMNT and not cut any corners, but make a film that has a lot of emotion, heart, drama, humor and action, the 1990 has that, but the critics didn't love it, and I think its cause its a kids property, so its hard for them to take TMNT very seriously.

Someone like a Joss Whedon should do a TMNT movie.
Old 07-13-2017, 03:39 PM   #63
snake
Disgusting

If 1990 were released today with only minor changes, I guarantee it would have a 70-75% score.
Old 07-13-2017, 03:42 PM   #64
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
I wouldn't be against that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
If 1990 were released today with only minor changes, I guarantee it would have a 70-75% score.
I dunno... maybe.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 03:57 PM   #65
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
If the 1990 movie was released today, but instead of the costumes, replaced with CGI motion capture, it probably would do better.
Old 07-13-2017, 04:33 PM   #66
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
If the 1990 movie was released today, but instead of the costumes, replaced with CGI motion capture, it probably would do better.
The costumes would add to the charm. Could you imagine how good the costumes could look if they didn't cheap out and used 2017 costume making technology to the fullest extent?

Last edited by snake; 07-13-2017 at 04:39 PM.
Old 07-13-2017, 05:42 PM   #67
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
The costumes would add to the charm. Could you imagine how good the costumes could look if they didn't cheap out and used 2017 costume making technology to the fullest extent?
The problem with the costumes, is that it gives the stunt performers limited mobility.
Old 07-13-2017, 05:43 PM   #68
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
The problem with the costumes, is that it gives the stunt performers limited mobility.
They've had almost 30 years to improve suit materials since the first movie.
Old 07-14-2017, 02:46 AM   #69
Ninjinister
無問題

I think the most damnable thing about all this is that they keep reporting when any rando in Hollywood has said they want to do something.

These almost never amount to anything more than filler for trivia sections on Wikipedia.
Old 07-14-2017, 09:52 AM   #70
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
I think the most damnable thing about all this is that they keep reporting when any rando in Hollywood has said they want to do something.

These almost never amount to anything more than filler for trivia sections on Wikipedia.
Agreed, that is very retarded. It's like veritable breaking news any time an actor expresses a wish to play a part. "So-and-so wants to play Green Lantern in the Justice League!"

So what? That's not the way it works. Actors don't cast themselves, nor are directors/casting directors sitting on their hands waiting to see who in Hollywood is interested.
Old 07-14-2017, 11:18 AM   #71
snake
Disgusting

I wanna be a popular actor for the sole purpose of trying to get myself on as much clickbait as possible.

SNAKE WANTS TO PLAY NIGHTWING
SNAKE WANTS TO PLAY AHSOKA IN STAR WARS MOVIE THAT ISN'T HAPPENING
SNAKE WANTS TO PLAY SNAKE IN BIO-PIC
Old 07-18-2017, 11:23 PM   #72
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
I wanna be a popular actor for the sole purpose of trying to get myself on as much clickbait as possible.

SNAKE WANTS TO PLAY NIGHTWING
SNAKE WANTS TO PLAY AHSOKA IN STAR WARS MOVIE THAT ISN'T HAPPENING
SNAKE WANTS TO PLAY SNAKE IN BIO-PIC
I was thinking of how hilarious it'd be to do this, myself
Old 07-20-2017, 09:01 AM   #73
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:

Speak for yourself, the first movie is a very good movie. The sequel is okay, it does some stuff right but critically a bit of a let down. The reason critics never liked the movies is simply because the whole thing is seen as a marketing gimmick and they can't get past that. Same with Power Rangers.

Quote:
If he directed an TMNT movie it would be a feminist movie where by the end he'd kill everyone off.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 11:44 AM   #74
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
Speak for yourself, the first movie is a very good movie. The sequel is okay, it does some stuff right but critically a bit of a let down. The reason critics never liked the movies is simply because the whole thing is seen as a marketing gimmick and they can't get past that. Same with Power Rangers.

If he directed an TMNT movie it would be a feminist movie where by the end he'd kill everyone off.
Someone in the caliber of Joss Whedon should do a TMNT movie, and someone who understands the property and knows it.
Old 08-07-2017, 11:25 AM   #75
eskater
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post

I honestly find this very annoying on many levels, before the 2014 PD movie came out and it was just rumors for a long time before that I would eat up any news I could get my hands on. Now anyone saying they want to do any "X" or "Y" movie gets coverage.....it's almost like politics in coverage sometimes. It's just annoying honestly.
Old 08-07-2017, 11:47 AM   #76
newfan
Mad Scientist

Maybe they are just waiting for a bit more time to pass between reboots (though it didn't stop Spiderman )
I think I'd probably prefer CGI for the turtles to suits, unless they really didn't look like suits.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 11:53 AM   #77
eskater
Foot Soldier

I kind of hope they're waiting between time for reboots honestly, I mean they waited on Batman before the Nolan trilogy and that paid off. Before that people actually liked Batman Forever *cringes*
Old 08-07-2017, 01:26 PM   #78
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskater View Post
I kind of hope they're waiting between time for reboots honestly, I mean they waited on Batman before the Nolan trilogy and that paid off. Before that people actually liked Batman Forever *cringes*
I remember watching that at the theater. Yeah sometimes a wait can give people time to miss it.... or forget it depending on whether it was successful or not
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 08:25 AM   #79
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Someone in the caliber of Joss Whedon should do a TMNT movie, and someone who understands the property and knows it.
I'm okay with Whedon leaving TMNT alone actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskater View Post
Not sure what you're talking about. I find Batman Forever a more enjoyable Batman movie than the Nolan trilogy.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 09:15 AM   #80
eskater
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
I'm okay with Whedon leaving TMNT alone actually.

Not sure what you're talking about. I find Batman Forever a more enjoyable Batman movie than the Nolan trilogy.
Even as a kid I didn't like Batman Forever.....it made me start missing the Burton Batman instead.

Tags
cferreira, must be thursday, out_of_pills