The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 07-21-2012, 11:26 AM   #1
hudemx
Hench Mutant

Question Information on canceled Episodes/Series/Movies etc.

I'm currently trying to find some informations on canceled or abortes Ninja Turtles Episodes, TV Shows & Movies.

So far I've gathered:
TV-Shows
Fred Wolf Toon: (19??)
* Shredder in Love - dialogue was recorded but the episode was never finished (anybody know what the episodes was about exactly?)
The Next Mutation: (199?)
* Second Season - productionart was produced (anybody still has it?) and I heard that Casey Jones was sheduled to make an apearence as well as Shredder returning as a main villain (there was that one Next Mutation episode which suggested he will be back) Any other Infos?
CGI-TMNT Show (2001)
* Produced by Rainbow Studios it was supposed to bring the TMNT back on screen but no one wanted to buy the Idea (which came with a CGI 5-minute Promo and some Promotional Art)
WB Animated Series (2001)
* Same Idea, this Time by WB Animation Studios. Some Production Art and a "animated" Storyboard was done but the Idea was scrapped. Instead 4Kids developed their Animated Series.
4Kids Series
* Nightmare Recycled: scrapped Season 5 Episode because it was to dark for 4kids. Hun & the Garbadgeman were supposed to be seperated Siamesetwins with the Garbadgeman thrown into the ... garbadge. Are there any surviving Productionstills available or was some work done on the episode (voice recording or Animation?)
* Scrapped Season 7 (aka Fast Forward Season 2): Anybody got some Infos on which episodes should have been produced? I only remember Master Fighter 2105, which I found the Animatic Version of - but nothing more...
* Scrapped Season 7 - TMNT ?Overdrive?: TMNT go back to the Past and Team up with their Toddlerselfs. I'm not sure if I remember that pitch correctly or if it was just a nightmare - are there anymore Infos or Pictures of this ... Idea?
* Scrapped Season 8: Second Season of Back to the Sewer. I found no Infos on this except remembering that there was talks of a Shredder War (which we saw parts of in Tempus Fugit) Also was the Idea to set this season before or after Turtles Forever? I ask because there was no sigh of Serling in TF - so it must have been placed before TF. But then again the Shredder War had the Utrom Shredder in it, so it must have been set after TF so that he could return.
Movies:
TMNT 4(199?)
* I think somebody posted some Information of this never produced New Line Movie on the Forums a few years ago. TMNT 4 was going to be more dark again but I don't remember anymore details (I also think there was a Screenshot of a Magazin telling about the Movie)
TMNT Sequel (200?)
* At the End of TMNT Karai hints that somebody from the Turtles Past would return (most likly Shredder) but was any work put into a potential CGI Sequel?

That's all I found/remembered. Really hope someone could help me out here and fill in some Information
Old 07-21-2012, 11:38 AM   #2
Koi
Mad Scientist

I wish the toddler season existed so bad. That would have been the most cute thing ever.

There was a TMNT Sequel picture.... I read in the description it was wrapped around Michelangelo, all the other turtles and Splinter are de-mutated and Mike has to save them all.
link
Koi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 11:50 AM   #3
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I thought Shredder In Love was just a fan fiction work that was claimed to be the missing epiosde 76? Where was it mentioned the voices had been recorded? Has it been released online or has any of the cast confirmed this? I would like to have someone ask Rob Paulsen about it on Twitter before its officially unofficial.

Mike takes center stage saving his demutated family? Sounds GREAT! Especially if Shredder is involved.
Old 07-21-2012, 12:17 PM   #4
CyberCubed
Overlord

Most of the stuff you mention are pitches, not cancellations. Tons of ideas are pitched and never make it beyond the drawing board.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 01:20 PM   #5
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Rumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeandraph87 View Post
I thought Shredder In Love was just a fan fiction work that was claimed to be the missing epiosde 76? Where was it mentioned the voices had been recorded? Has it been released online or has any of the cast confirmed this? I would like to have someone ask Rob Paulsen about it on Twitter before its officially unofficial.

Mike takes center stage saving his demutated family? Sounds GREAT! Especially if Shredder is involved.
Yeah, I just thought it was a rumor that circulated on the Internet some years ago.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 01:35 PM   #6
Xav
Foot Elite

Here's some information on the unproduced Fast Forward episodes from Peter's blog.
http://peterlairdstmntblog.blogspot....-go-again.html
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 03:17 PM   #7
Genesis
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koi View Post
I wish the toddler season existed so bad. That would have been the most cute thing ever.
The very notion makes me feel nauseous.
Genesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 04:07 PM   #8
gobo
Wacky Action

For the OT, there was the unused script for "Shredder's In Love" that I found registered at The US Copyright Office. NinjaTurtlesNetwork did an audio interview with April's VA where she recalled recording lines for it.

Also, there were five skipped production numbers surrounding the Euro-cruise eps. See for yourself. Your guess is as good as mine as to what that implies. For more details I may have neglected to mention, see here.

There was going to be an urban superhero sequel to the movies around '96, directed by Steve Barron, featuring an interdimensional turtle named Kirby and called The Next Mutation. You should be able to figure out what happened to that idea.

There was a made-for-TV movie planned for Hallmark in 2004 that was cancelled. It was supposed to be directed by Barron as well, I believe. I don't recall any plot details about it, but they were working on the Splinter puppet.

For 4kids, there are two cancelled eps. The first one is "Nightmares Recycled", a Ninja Tribunal ep that was supposed to reveal The Garbageman as Hun's Siamese twin and was originally intended to be the point that Casey proposed to April. TMNT4KIDS, the board's 4kids insider had told me that the ep existed as fully animated but without mouth sync, music and sfx. It hasn't surfaced.

For ep titles of the cancelled second season of Fast Forward, see here.

The first ep of FF S2 was completely storyboarded and voiced, so the folks at 4kids put it together as a half-hour animatic and released it as an unlockable reward on their website. An FLV video file of it exists somewhere.

A later ep of FF S2, "The Devil and Doctor Stockman", only had a handful of storyboards released for it.

That's all I know of.

Last edited by gobo; 07-21-2012 at 05:40 PM.
gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 04:39 PM   #9
shihe
Hench Mutant

A lot of those things sound so awesome.

Am I the only one here who would have loved a Fast Forward 2? I admit I made fun of the first one when I first heard about it, but that's because 1.-) I didn't think it was linked to the 2k3 cartoon, and 2.-) I didn't realise how much I would get to like it.

But to be honest, there was just so much that could have been done with Turtles in the futuristic setting after the first season. Giving a good climax to the Dark Turtles is all I can think of.

Toddler Turtles? Seriously? Like this morning I was thinking, what if they made a series of Children Mutant Ninja Turtles, like before their encounter with April, and when they were still just kids.

How I wish the 4th New Line movie had been made...
shihe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 04:58 PM   #10
hudemx
Hench Mutant

Thank all of you for the Infos!

I got to correct myself: The scrapped Idea for Season 7 wasn't TMNT Overdrive but TMNT Overload ^^

Keep the Infos coming

@ Cybercubed
Well excuse me, but it's rather hard to rearange german word into english and try to use the "right" english term.

You are right - most of them are just Pitches, but several are also canceled Projects.

Pitch for me always was something that only existed on Paper, which means that no Conept-Art or what so ever was done for it, sry...
Old 07-21-2012, 05:19 PM   #11
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac

the TMNT 4 Movie was supposed to be called TMNT: The Next Mutation, until it got cancelled and they made "the Next Mutation" a T.V Show instead. It was supposed to be about the turtles and splinter having a second mutation due to the ooze still being apart of them. Production art of the logo, the four turtles and splinter were in TMNT Smash Up. Their second mutations were....

Leonardo's skin would change to different textures, such as chameleon like skin to tough, rocky skin.

Raphael would turn into a ferocious beast

Donatello would turn into half a cyborg, but this caused him to be blind

Michelangelo would have a more human like appearance, so he could walk through the streets of New York

And Splinter Would also Change into a ferocious beast, like Raphael.

I can see why this movie was cancelled, the ideas for their second mutations are kind of lame, the 3rd movie was horrible, so people might not go to see the 4th, and the turtles were starting to become less popular by this time. I think it was stupid to re use the name for the next mutation T.V show, because the turtles didn't have a "next mutation" in that show.

Here is some concept art of the four turtles
http://images.mentalfloss.com/blogs/...ird-movie4.jpg

Top left is Michelangelo, Top Right is Raphael, Bottom Left is Leonardo, and Bottom Right is Donatello.

Also, Here is concept art of Splinter
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3050/2...efa03f42_z.jpg

As for everything else on that list of things that were never made, i have no idea.
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 05:32 PM   #12
Moonlight1102
Hench Mutant

tmntuploader has Master Fighter 2105 on his channel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jy3g3lu6FQ8
Old 07-21-2012, 06:43 PM   #13
sdp
Megan Fox = April

There's the Hallmark TMNT mini-series.

TMNT 2007 never got an official sequel but the director had plenty of ideas for the next movie and there was even a poster made for a sequel that shows Mikey with demutated Raph/Leo/Don and I think Shredder's claws, it was supposed to be much more comedy than action which is why Laird didn't allow it to happen.

BTTS seems to be filled with mostly modified plots of Fast Forward S2, many of them seem to make more sense in FF with only some alterations to make the story fit in the present.

I remembered reading a lot about TNM s2 but never got any solid sources besides that Casey and April were going to appear in it. A TNM cartoon was planned after the live action show was canned but it didn't happen either.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 07:25 PM   #14
shihe
Hench Mutant

I know it's quite silly, but to me TMNT: Smash Up is sort of superfitial sequel to TMNT.

I mean, Shredder appears there, and Karai basically changed her mind and betrays him to be the ruler of the foot clan again.

Too bad Next Mutation (series) didn't get far enough to have Casey Jones in the series... Then again, I have a feeling they might have screwed him up..
shihe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 07:38 PM   #15
CyberCubed
Overlord

A Next Mutation season 2 was never announced or even hinted at. It was just fans hope that it would continue with Casey or April.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 07:56 PM   #16
Cryomancer
Mad Scientist

There was also a Mutanimals cartoon planned.

If you go into comics, there's a lot of comic ideas that have been mentioned or hinted at that never happened, like the Mirage/Archie crossover and lots of others that I'm sure someone else knows more about than me.

Final Boss of translation group Opentrain.
We do videogame comics and TMNT stuff.
http://opentrain.theyear199x.org/
Cryomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 08:41 PM   #17
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

[QUOTE=gobo;974368]For the OT, there was the unused script for "Shredder's In Love" that I found registered at The US Copyright Office. NinjaTurtlesNetwork did an audio interview with April's VA where she recalled recording lines for it.[QUOTE]

Hmm...okay. How about asking Rob Mr. Awesome Pauslen on Twitter just to confirm. One never knows if he would respond besides I don't have a Twitter.

Now, the only mystery remains is why is a muppet named Gobo digging through copyrights?
Old 07-21-2012, 11:04 PM   #18
Genesis
Stone Warrior

That "Something Wicked" episode sounds like it'd make for a great comic arc! I'd like to make my own interpretation of that and "Stockman's Story's" episode descriptions, someday.
Genesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 11:25 PM   #19
mikey22
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by shihe View Post
I know it's quite silly, but to me TMNT: Smash Up is sort of superfitial sequel to TMNT.

I mean, Shredder appears there, and Karai basically changed her mind and betrays him to be the ruler of the foot clan again.

Too bad Next Mutation (series) didn't get far enough to have Casey Jones in the series... Then again, I have a feeling they might have screwed him up..

He probably wouldve been a tennis player lol
mikey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 11:46 PM   #20
oldmanwinters
Overlord

We had a pretty good discussion on the cancelled (multiple times) 4th movie on this thread:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=33269

DrSpengler started it when he wrote a historical overview of it last year on TMNT Entity, but the thread really got interesting back in May when Kevin Eastman decided to auction off his artwork and scripts for the film. We were able to see bits and pieces of new details to further our understanding of what the mid-90s sequel would have been about. Sadly, I have no idea who ended up purchasing the Eastman lot, and I don't think we'll ever hear of it again for a long, long while.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
4kids, cancelled media, fred wolf series