The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 08-20-2017, 04:35 PM   #1
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Jurassic World: Evolution

I need this in my life like, now.

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 05:01 PM   #2
sdp
-

As some know Jurassic Park is my favorite movie so of course I"m damned hyped for this. I thought it would never happen again in the age of farmville clones / microtransactions on mobile but we're finally getting a new Park Builder that isn't like the two ****** mobile games we have now.

I am hyped for the new movie and now this game, I have never bought a PC game day one, but this will be my first. The modding community kept the previous PC park builder JP Operation Genesis alive for years after the game was out and I'm sure the same will happen here.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 05:17 PM   #3
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

The game is being done by the developers of Planet Coaster, so it should be good.
Old 08-20-2017, 08:37 PM   #4
oldmanwinters
Overlord

I'll confess I wasn't great at making the park profitable so I just built it to encourage chaos:

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 10:50 PM   #5
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Oh this freaking amazing. Very surprising with the mobile games available for (basically) free.

I had the JW builder for over a year and just recently deleted it because it is RIDICULOUSLY tedious.

Please nobody say that's the point or just pay...because I have had The Simpsons Tapped Out for years and never once paid real money. It is very well balanced for those who play free as are other builders. JW is not one of them.

It is set up to take as long as humanly possible without paying (or cheating). Everything requires an outrageous amount of in-game currency/time even for the lower level tasks. It's like 1 step forward 10 steps back. All the YouTube videos are either paid subscribers or hacked.

This sounds like an exaggeration but it's not. Given all the content in the JW mobile game I'm guessing it would take 10-15 years to unlock everything for free. That's if you grind and play nothing else.

Ya know nobody is gonna understand unless they play it for a few months and compare it to other city building games. I've read the same complaints on other sites.
Old 08-20-2017, 11:08 PM   #6
sdp
-

We're not getting any more info until Oct. 7th so in about a month and a half. I'm super hyped.

I hope it includes stuff from all movies, including characters. It's fun when Hammond and the others are giving you missions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
Oh this freaking amazing. Very surprising with the mobile games available for (basically) free.

I had the JW builder for over a year and just recently deleted it because it is RIDICULOUSLY tedious.

Please nobody say that's the point or just pay...because I have had The Simpsons Tapped Out for years and never once paid real money. It is very well balanced for those who play free as are other builders. JW is not one of them.

It is set up to take as long as humanly possible without paying (or cheating). Everything requires an outrageous amount of in-game currency/time even for the lower level tasks. It's like 1 step forward 10 steps back. All the YouTube videos are either paid subscribers or hacked.

This sounds like an exaggeration but it's not. Given all the content in the JW mobile game I'm guessing it would take 10-15 years to unlock everything for free. That's if you grind and play nothing else.

Ya know nobody is gonna understand unless they play it for a few months and compare it to other city building games. I've read the same complaints on other sites.
seeef

Last edited by sdp; 02-17-2021 at 08:59 PM.
Old 08-21-2017, 12:01 AM   #7
Wildcat
Foot Elite

@SDP, yup it is atrocious.

What I didn't mention was that for that whole year I just farmed currency by logging in everyday to collect money, coins, food and DNA. I'm totally serious. When I actually started playing again I thought I'd be well off since I had accumulated resources.

Nope. After a month or so of playing you realize it doesn't work the same as other builders. The problem is every dinosaur requires a lot of DNA to evolve because you need (what was it?) 5 or 6 of the same dino to level it up to a max 40 before it can be turned into a hybrid.

Each individual level up takes 4-8 hours. Sometimes the computer just arbitrarily decides not to finish and requests more DNA which starts the timer again. The stronger the Dino the higher the timer goes. A Trex took 2 days just to hatch to begin with. I unlocked 1.

You end up wanting to use the Dino bucks (not coins) to speed up tasks but you only get tiny amounts from the daily freebies, trading or physically installing other games and performing an objective (which I did a few times).

You'll eventually have enough food and gold coins but you will never have enough DNA or Dino bucks. Those 2 resources are what the game is built on.

Plus there is no storage system and you can not rotate items. You can move them around but they're locked in 1 position.

I can not stress this enough. It is NOT like other builders. It might sound like I'm just complaining but I've tried others and still play The Simpsons everyday. I love it. I know how it work. I DO have patience...I farmed for a year!

Last edited by Wildcat; 08-21-2017 at 12:11 AM.
Wildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 10:05 PM   #8
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Can't wait! Could be first decent JP game in ages

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 01:03 PM   #9
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Old 12-24-2017, 04:53 AM   #10
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Old 12-24-2017, 11:03 AM   #11
sdp
-

I'm a bit worried for this game, I think it's being too ambitious and it might end up failing in many things. I mean if it delivers everything they're going for then amazing but I'm a bit wary.

I mean if the game is just a simple park sim or just Planet Coaster with Dinosaurs and the features of Operation Genesis I'm in 100%. But yeah they seem to be wanting to add too many features here and I'm not sure if they'll be able to deliver. Crossing my fingers.
Old 01-16-2018, 04:30 PM   #12
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Itll be an automatic buy for me

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 07:28 AM   #13
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Game is coming out June 12th
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/03...-release-date/

Old 03-29-2018, 11:44 AM   #14
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Gameplay demo is out for viewing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQAY5iLgUVo&t=296s

Old 05-07-2018, 05:06 PM   #15
The Deadman
Foot Elite