The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 04-13-2019, 10:39 AM   #81
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Did that sort of thing - with people asking questions, happen a lot in high school? I never got asked that, although did get asked personal questions a few times.
It at least happened to me a lot of times. I talk about it a little in this post.

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...4&postcount=46
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 02:23 PM   #82
Stephen
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
It at least happened to me a lot of times. I talk about it a little in this post.

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...4&postcount=46
Quote:
It can go as far as 12th grade too, and even past that. In one class, I had these four guys around me, basically just talking crap. One of them didn't give me that much crap about anything, but then he decided to ask me if I was a virgin, but all I told them was that it's private.
Was he being malicious towards you, or just asking out of curiosity?
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 04:42 PM   #83
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Was he being malicious towards you, or just asking out of curiosity?
He was probably just asking out of curiosity, but it didn't help the situation. It's the others who were probably going to use the information against me somehow.
Old 04-17-2019, 05:15 PM   #84
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
No. Most of us didn't shower in the locker rooms
In all of middle school and all of high school, I never once saw anybody using the school showers. It was like a carryover from a bygone era or something.

I remember it being a joke in the locker rooms. "I bet you want to go walk over there and take a shower right now, don't you, fairy?!" kind of stuff.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 05:30 PM   #85
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
In all of middle school and all of high school, I never once saw anybody using the school showers. It was like a carryover from a bygone era or something.

I remember it being a joke in the locker rooms. "I bet you want to go walk over there and take a shower right now, don't you, fairy?!" kind of stuff.
I think the reason why most of us did not shower in school after P.E class was because we don't really have lockers here. So it just wasn't practical to bring extra clothes to change into after the first class in the morning or right before lunch break.

Tbh I never felt like I needed a locker at school either. Sure sometimes there'd be a day where my schedule was a bit heavier which made my backpack a bit heavier than usual, but it was manageable. Plus, I needed my school books and notebooks at home to study and do homework, so I don't think it'd be a good idea to leave them inside a school locker room anyway.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 05:42 PM   #86
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Tbh I never felt like I needed a locker at school either. Sure sometimes there'd be a day where my schedule was a bit heavier which made my backpack a bit heavier than usual, but it was manageable. Plus, I needed my school books and notebooks at home to study and do homework, so I don't think it'd be a good idea to leave them inside a school locker room anyway.
I guess it made sense for after school sports... except even then I don't think it was getting any use?

I remember that being the rumor that never stopped paying dividends throughout classmates. "Dude, I went in the locker room and Derek was in there naked and showering!!" "Nuh-uh!" And then they'd confront Derek, "No I didn't! Really, I swear I wasn't in there showering, that's a lie!" Etc..
Old 04-17-2019, 05:47 PM   #87
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I guess it made sense for after school sports... except even then I don't think it was getting any use?

I remember that being the rumor that never stopped paying dividends throughout classmates. "Dude, I went in the locker room and Derek was in there naked and showering!!" "Nuh-uh!" And then they'd confront Derek, "No I didn't! Really, I swear I wasn't in there showering, that's a lie!" Etc..
PE class was cool up until 8th grade. 90% of the time the teacher would just tell us, "ok the boys can pick up a ball and play soccer and the girls play basketball" And then he'd leave a couple of minutes into the game to go talk to someone else and would return at the end of class "ok that's all for today. Good job everyone!"

Ofc we had a few more gymnastics classes such as jumping on the trampoline and such but mostly just playing soccer os basketball. From 9th to 12th grade i had more female P.E. teachers instead of male ones and they made us play less sports and do more boring crap such as dancing(yes, serious). I learned a few tango steps in my 10th grade P.E. class. Really absurd. I forgot about all of it already by now, ofc.
Old 04-18-2019, 12:54 AM   #88
Storm Eagle
Saved by

My school didn't have showers. When I was a sophomore though, there was a guy in my grade who transferred to my school from another. He was also in my gym class that year, and he talked about how you were required to take a shower after gym in his old school.
Old 04-18-2019, 03:48 AM   #89
Stephen
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle
My school didn't have showers. When I was a sophomore though, there was a guy in my grade who transferred to my school from another. He was also in my gym class that year, and he talked about how you were required to take a shower after gym in his old school.
We were technically supposed to shower for PE in Year 10 / Year 11, but it wasn't something that was particularly enforced. Some people (at least in the class that I was in) would go in the showers in their shorts, then just rinse their arms and legs after playing football or Rugby. During the previous high school, people just showered naked. People generally seemed to become more self-conscious about it as they got older.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler
I think the reason why most of us did not shower in school after P.E class was because we don't really have lockers here. So it just wasn't practical to bring extra clothes to change into after the first class in the morning or right before lunch break.
What are attitudes to nudity like in your country? Is it something that's seen as taboo, or are people not bothered by it?
Old 04-18-2019, 04:14 AM   #90
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
What are attitudes to nudity like in your country? Is it something that's seen as taboo, or are people not bothered by it?
Eh I don't see what that has to do with anything. What do you even mean by this? Everyone was born naked into this world. People go to the beach and wear bikinis, swimsuits or swimming trunks. Pretty sure it's not illegal for a woman to go topless at the beach here either.

All of Europe is fine with nudity afaik?
Old 04-18-2019, 02:42 PM   #91
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Quote:

We had showers at secondary school, but I didn’t use them either for the same reasons in the morning and evening, especially since in 1st and 3rd Year, PE was two 30 minute classes every week rather than an hour-long class per week.

I never felt I needed a locker at school either for the same reason. I also thought I might be an easy target to be pushed from behind while using one. Also, I was paranoid that I wouldn’t get my books out of the locker in time before the teacher came. Lockers were in the hall rather than in their own room. They were useful sometimes for storing stuff before going on school trips, though.

Last edited by Wesley; 04-18-2019 at 03:15 PM.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 03:15 PM   #92
neatoman
Emperor

In short:

1st-5th grade, it was like most of my classmates actively ignored me. Not so much active bullying, just dismissing me. I still had friends it's just that I remember the dismissal of me more.
6th-9th grade, it was weird. There was some active ripping on me but the harshest came from the ones I would consider my closest friends at the time.
"High School" (not quite the same as American high school but roughly the same grades), I got along quite well with my classmates, generally nice people. Mostly the same kind of dorks like me in that class.
Right now I'm studying at University but that's quite different, everyone is an adult above 20 and most are like 25-30 years old with a few being over 30. So it's not like we're expected to care about school on a social level anymore.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 08:56 AM   #93
Stephen
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Right now I'm studying at University but that's quite different, everyone is an adult above 20 and most are like 25-30 years old with a few being over 30. So it's not like we're expected to care about school on a social level anymore.
What's actually the difference between College and University in America? Or are they the same thing and the two terms are just used interchangeably? For us, College is further education (usually one or two year courses) and University is higher education (people studying degrees for three or four years)
Old 03-15-2020, 01:53 PM   #94
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
What's actually the difference between College and University in America? Or are they the same thing and the two terms are just used interchangeably? For us, College is further education (usually one or two year courses) and University is higher education (people studying degrees for three or four years)
Eh, the same. I guess.