The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 03-07-2011, 03:32 AM   #61
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
I think that's the only way I'd be able to get excited about them. Of course, if anyone can screw it up, it's Playmates.
Playmates Toys: Kids sill dig "big 5" articulation and silly action features...right?

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 04:45 AM   #62
Stone Warrior

Wow, I like the drawing. I approve.

And wow you people, how on earth can you identify Mikey's kusarigama from that small pic?! I still thought they were chucks.

We all know that Most Writers Are Male. Something like eighty percent of media aimed at children have male main characters, whereas half the population is female. At best, women will often be minor characters or will not be present at all. Stories about women are for women, stories about men are for general consumption. (TV Tropes Feminist Fantasy)
Avatar Yuffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 04:58 AM   #63
Vivi
Mad Scientist

It's...not bad. A little bit 2007 movie, a little bit anime but is seems to be work well.
Vivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 05:12 AM   #64
Spitfire
Writer • Director

Looks alright so far. I could definitely grow to like it. Not sure how I feel about Mike's weapon change but maybe it'll work out. They did say they were going to mix things up and his chucks have always been a problem.
Old 03-07-2011, 05:14 AM   #65
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
If Mike really doesn't have nunchucks, that's just the stupidest thing ever. There's no reason they could not have him use nunchucks..
It's a reboot! relax.

They probably want to give him a more "ninja-esque" weapon
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 05:21 AM   #66
Luzmagica
A Magic Light Dudette!

Please can someone confirm if "the thing insert in a red circle" is a blade-weapon or if its a part of the montain draw!!?????
Old 03-07-2011, 05:26 AM   #67
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Hmm.... I like it. I dont hate it at least, which is more what I was afraid of

As for Mikey's weapon I think we should calm down. The pic is so damn small we might just be seeing nunchucks and light reflections at a weird angle.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 05:51 AM   #68
chad
Foot Soldier

Awesome. I think this is going to be good
chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 06:01 AM   #69
PizzaPower
Foot Elite

yea it is a really really small picture, i cant wait for more, and you know there will be.
PizzaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 06:06 AM   #70
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Something dawned on me as I was driving home from work: Will this series have Usagi? With Peter no longer involved, would Stan still allow Usagi to be in the series?

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 06:39 AM   #71
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luzmagica View Post
Please can someone confirm if "the thing insert in a red circle" is a blade-weapon or if its a part of the montain draw!!?????
It's the blade of his Kama, with a chain and weight it's called a kusarigama.

As for being ninja, it's more suitable then the Nunchucks. Why Raph still have sai, I think we can blame Elektra for that
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 07:22 AM   #72
A little *too* Raph
Stone Warrior

So I missed this whole thread until just now, so I will just sum up my opinions.

1. Awesome. I was expecting far more childish, cartoony nicktoons art. This art is great, I just hope it looks as good in cgi.

2. I will miss the 'chucks, but Mikey's new weapon is sweet. He is my fav so they better not make him a blithering idiot. This is a good sign.

3. I am very excited about this now.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:54 AM   #73
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Now that its official, I love the designs I was definitely not expecting that, I thought they would be much more polarizing. I wasn't expecting "kiddy" designs but I thought they'd resemble more the proposed Kids WB! series kid friendly designs than these. I also thought they'd be much more stylized like say the Star Wars Clone Wars CG show. They definitely remind me a lot of the 2007 film and in fact I think the CG will not be too far off from the movie, after all when this show premiers that will be 5 year old CG. Heck I'm sure if nothing contradicts it I'll try to fit the movie in continuity. The turtles have different skin tones too, thats nice.

As far as playmates I'm sure they'll go along the trend of 3" 3/4 figures, they're cheaper to make and everyone is doing them. If they re-tool anything it'd be the comic book turtles they didn't release, but I doubt it since these turtles all have distinct looks, though I do think we'll eventually see the comic book turtles.

As far as the nunchucks it really does suck a lot even if they did soften the blow with an awesome weapon. But lets look back at Mikey's chucks. In the OT he stopped using them in early season 4 which means most of the show he spent with just a grappling hook every turtle had. I don't think the weapons were used much during Archie either so we didn't see Mikey with chucks for a lot of time either. The second and third(?) movies also lacked nunchucks. The Next Mutation had Mikey using some Tonfa looking weapons so no chucks. The 2007 film shafted Donatello and Mikey for the most part so we didn't see much of his weapons there either. So overall only the Mirage comics and the 2k3 show have had Mikey featuring his nunchucks for a decent amount of time. This also doesn't spell the end of nunchucks forever, by the time a new show is made I'm sure attitudes could have relaxed and we could see them I mean if this show lasts 6 years and takes a 4 year break before a new show thats 10 years. Also I don't think this affects the movie in any way so we'll probably see them there. Still its a little bit sad to lose them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Something dawned on me as I was driving home from work: Will this series have Usagi? With Peter no longer involved, would Stan still allow Usagi to be in the series?
I think I've mentioned this before, Laird and Stan did have a good relationship but Nick could still ask Stan and I doubt he'd deny, why would he? Free publicity for his character and he gets paid. As long as the people involved know the history of the turtles and Usagi then they'd ask Nick if they'll do it which I guess if Fred Wolf and 4Kids agreed I don't see why not unless they really don't want to license a non-tmnt character.

Last edited by sdp; 03-07-2011 at 08:00 AM.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 08:02 AM   #74
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Wow. I really like that design for the guys. It looks really cool. As for Mikey's chucks, it'll be a bit weird at first not to see them, but the weapon he has there looks pretty sweet to me, so I don't mind. This looks pretty promising so far.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 08:32 AM   #75
Oniri
Foot Soldier

The designs are really awesome! Go Green Machine!

However, I will say that I am a bit confused here. They look both 3D and 2D at the same time in this pic and it's kinda throwing me off a bit. It's really bad with Leo. Parts of his body is more 3D than his head and other parts, so Leo's head seems dismembered to me.

Granted, that most likely won't be a problem when everything is moving in animation. It's just me being nit-picky.

Check out my fanart! http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=31376
Oniri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 08:33 AM   #76
Volvagia
Foot Soldier

Finally some news.
Not too happy about Mikey's chucks but I'll get used to it and damn this looks great.
Volvagia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 08:51 AM   #77
Raph
Mad Scientist

Wow I haven't been here 3 days, and all of a sudden the Nick design is out..and I like it! Alot! Thanks to Alex.
I hope the designs don't turn out to squary, but I so love the Mirage-esque designs...even love the weapon for Mikey (as long as Raph keeps his Sais, I'm happy )

Can't wait to see more and find out who the other voiceactors will be!
All I can say is: WELCOME BACK TMNT!
Old 03-07-2011, 08:56 AM   #78
CyberCubed
Overlord

I can't believe you people are fine with Michaelangelo not having nunchucks! This is a disgrace!

Kids growing up with TMNT ALWAYS associate Mike with nunchucks, he at least had them through the first 4 seasons of the original cartoon as well.

I can't believe more people aren't complaining. This is what you want them to do to a Turtle's signature weapon?

Assuming production on Season 1 is too far underway, perhaps we can petition for when Season 2 starts for Mike to go back to nunchucks,

Last edited by CyberCubed; 03-07-2011 at 09:11 AM.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:36 AM   #79
Jephael
That whack job behind you

Dude, chillax! It's not that big a deal. Most people are concerned about the character's personality anyway.

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:43 AM   #80
Master Splinter
幸 - 愛 - 思う

I'm happy with what I see... I would think Mikey may be more versatile with different weapons in the series, which would be cool, a master of all the weapons...

-ms