The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 07-31-2017, 09:20 PM   #1
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Which Turtle would you like to see have their own animated TV show?

Characters get their own show all the time. Some examples that come to mind are Angel after Buffy, Frasier after Cheers, Cleveland after Family Guy.

Now the TMNT show would not have to have the same feel or look of any previous shows. It would basically be one turtle rather than all four. The other three would still exist just not be heavily featured in the show and only have an occasional appearance and reference as needed.

I vote Raph thinking Casey could be in several episodes. I'm sure good writing could make the concept work for any of the four. But Raph makes for more of a carry your own show type of guy. imho
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 09:38 PM   #2
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
Characters get their own show all the time. Some examples that come to mind are Angel after Buffy, Frasier after Cheers, Cleveland after Family Guy.

Now the TMNT show would not have to have the same feel or look of any previous shows. It would basically be one turtle rather than all four. The other three would still exist just not be heavily featured in the show and only have an occasional appearance and reference as needed.

I vote Raph thinking Casey could be in several episodes. I'm sure good writing could make the concept work for any of the four. But Raph makes for more of a carry your own show type of guy. imho
Amen to that. After having seen the Nick show, I'd definitely like to see a much better take on the character and his own TV show but only a mini series. I don't think an entire 26 episode show is necessary. Maybe a milder version of Bodycount or something better.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 09:41 PM   #3
snake
Disgusting

None. It wouldn't work outside of a comic miniseries.

Now, a Casey Jones or Foot Clan show I can get behind.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 09:52 PM   #4
Ninjinister
無問題

Venus de Milo
Old 07-31-2017, 09:52 PM   #5
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

DONATELLO IN SPAAAACE! With Leatherhead and Utrom friends. So kind of like an inbetween of Andrew's "Origins" and his mucking around in Tales of the TMNT, but you know...with the Utroms not basically all being the same character repeated five times.
Old 07-31-2017, 09:57 PM   #6
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
DONATELLO IN SPAAAACE! With Leatherhead and Utrom friends. So kind of like an inbetween of Andrew's "Origins" and his mucking around in Tales of the TMNT, but you know...with the Utroms not basically all being the same character repeated five times.
That sounds like something I could get behind. Through in Renet and some interdimensional travel and you have yourself a show to remember!
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 09:59 PM   #7
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
None. It wouldn't work outside of a comic miniseries.

Now, a Casey Jones or Foot Clan show I can get behind.
Sign me up for a Casey Jones Netflix series and maybe a four episode Foot Clan miniseries.

I can't really choose one of them. All four Turtes could do it for a few episodes, but as a solo series lasting several seasons... it honestly depends on your plan.
Old 07-31-2017, 10:03 PM   #8
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 View Post
That sounds like something I could get behind. Throw in Renet and some interdimensional travel and you have yourself a show to remember!
I think that might cut too close to Doctor Who, but eh...the premise of Space Donatello is kind of Star Trek-y too. But I think Don would be more at home in a Star Trek environment than Doctor Who.
Old 07-31-2017, 10:07 PM   #9
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
Donnie is my favorite and I do like me some Leatherhead. I'm sold!
Old 07-31-2017, 10:33 PM   #10
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I'm just...already fluttering up ideas...

Spoiler:
  • Of course Glurin is there
  • And Dr. Xeinos, who happens to be Glurin's mother and Leatherhead's "primary" caregiver...so I guess that makes Glurin and Leatherheadd adoptive brothers?
  • References to Prof. Obligado, who might pop in now and again; Xeinos's father
  • Seriously, I wouldn't shrug off Glurin being Obligado's grandson. Crazy feats (raising a f*cking alligator when you're the size of a roast chicken, creating an interdimensional portal, sittting at the edge of a black hole to regain lost memories) just run in the family
  • Honeycutt is part of the group of course
  • Vaschin, Dooric, Bergla, Talgin, Takis, and Yrga from the J'Gel story among others...even though all of them die in that story. Might have to make most of them female...(and yeaaaaah, they were right to wipe out the J'Gel before they could start traversing the universe and devouring everything they found...but wrong to not include them in history)
  • Expanding on some of the Donatello in Space stories
  • Expanding on the societies of Utroms, Triceratons, Styrachodons, and so forth; learning about them through Donatello.
  • Of course the Obscura and Illuminated are involved in some way
  • Donatello still has chats with his family now and again. Mostly Michelangelo because he's easier to get a hold of.

Last edited by Utrommaniac; 07-31-2017 at 10:59 PM.
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 11:27 PM   #11
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

That's hard to want to split them up. But if it had to be, well I gotta be loyal to my boy here, esp as he may not get too many suggestions... So lets say a Leo and Usagi spinoff as an inter-dimensional jumping warrior team out to save/assist the many different dimensions of Earth when duty calls.

Of course my first thought was an older Leo, post outing to the public, is a teacher at a local dojo, a family man with a wife and adopted child, embraced by the local community and thus feels all the more responsibility to get involved when things go wrong in NYC. 'Course, maybe the other idea could start out that way and give him something to feel guilty and conflicted about when he has to run off and save the world. Maybe it can be a tiny bit like that old show Quantum Leap, minus inhabiting someone else's body, and he can't stop it. Wife can be all like, "At least try to save the world before five and be back here by dinner?? Last time it was after midnight and I had to tell [child's name] you wouldn't be able to read his/her bedtime story."
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 01:53 PM   #12
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
I like the Donatello idea! But as long as we're dreaming here, I would like to see Mikey get his iwn show. Maybe something like Frasier was, where he's some sort of radio or TV personality and gets up to all sorts of trouble in between. I could see him trying to balance home/family life with being a celeb of sorts. Could be fun.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 01:56 PM   #13
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Michaelangelo.
It can be a mix of comic book, cartoon, and adventure styles depending on the story he's telling.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 02:26 PM   #14
neatoman
Emperor

Uh, if we want to figure out tone and content, I guess the best place to start is the micro-issues? Pretty much the best place to start when it comes to standalone character stuff.

Leonardo, both Mirage and IDW went with a ninja battle approach, I imagine that building on that would result in a martial arts type story.

Raphael, both Mirage and IDW went with him and Casey doing doing vigilante stuff. Less about Raph and more about his relationship with Casey, buddy cop sort of thing.

Michelangelo, Mirage did a "Do it for the kids!" type story and IDW went with a sort of spy/heist story. Lighthearted adventures.

Donatello, Mirage did a Kirby homage and IDW a science fair. High concept Sci-fi.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 03:31 PM   #15
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Why not have a series with one ordinary season where the turtles fight Purple Dragons, Foot, Baxter Stockman, Krang-Kraang, save Splinter, meet April and Irma, go to Northampton, Massachusetts and team up with Utroms and all that we already know.

Then the turtles go separate ways and each season between 2-5 is about different turtles (Leonardo in Japan practicing ninjutsu and Japanese martial arts, Raphael with Casey Jones in New York City, Donatello to space adventures, no idea with Mihcelangelo)

Then comes season 6 where the turtles reunite for final confrontations with Shredder and Krang-Kraang.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 03:34 PM   #16
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Why not have a series with one ordinary season where the turtles fight Purple Dragons, Foot, Baxter Stockman, Krang-Kraang, save Splinter, meet April and Irma, go to Northampton, Massachusetts and team up with Utroms and all that we already know.
How about a series where they do none of that because we've seen it all before?
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 05:16 PM   #17
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:

Then the turtles go separate ways and each season between 2-5 is about different turtles (Leonardo in Japan practicing ninjutsu and Japanese martial arts, Raphael with Casey Jones in New York City, Donatello to space adventures, no idea with Mihcelangelo)

Then comes season 6 where the turtles reunite for final confrontations with Shredder and Krang-Kraang.
I like the idea of the first episode having all four together but some disaster results in separation. Don in space, Leo in Japan, Raph NYC, Mikey idk maybe Europe, South America or perhaps another dimension.

Then each episode after the first could focus on one specific Turtle having their own unique adventure. But with a small underlining subplot of trying to reconnect with the other three. So we only see all four together in the first episode and the last episode of the series.
Old 08-01-2017, 07:56 PM   #18
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
no idea with Mihcelangelo
A summer he spent in California, working (in disguise) as a surf shop and fighting new west coast baddies on his days off.
Old 08-01-2017, 08:07 PM   #19
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Michelangelo in California and not getting involved with Sea Turtle rescue???
Old 08-01-2017, 08:43 PM   #20
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Alright, fair point, he's also volunteering with an organization that does that.