The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 12-21-2017, 05:28 PM   #181
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProactiveMan View Post
Are they still releasing that in May? I thought they would have bumped it to Dec after all the re-shoots and everything.
Its expected to release on May 25, 2018, which to me is a miss opportunity, they should've release it on May 4th, which is Star Wars day, you know what comes out on May 4th, Avengers: Infinity War, which doesn't make any sense.
Old 12-23-2017, 04:49 PM   #182
CyberCubed
Overlord

You know I've been thinking about this for a while, does anyone else think Episode 9 won't actually close up or wrap up the current trilogy, but these characters will continue in future movies? We know Disney wants new Star Wars movies every year for the forseeable future, and while we're going to get a ton more side movies or spinoffs (has the Obi-wan film been confirmed yet?), I'm now starting to think we're not going to say goodbye to Rey, Finn, Kylo Ren, etc. in just one more movie.

I now think Kylo Ren is going to survive episode 9. He's gotten some of the most development of all the new characters, and it will feel like such a waste if he's killed off in just one more movie. I want him to still remain evil or dark, he shouldn't be redeemed after killing Han, but I now wonder if he'll survive like Darth Vader did in Episode 4 whereas the Death Star blew up.

The thought of Rey, Finn, Poe, and Kylo Ren only being in a single new movie feels kind of weird. We know that's what the original cast got, but that was a different time and when Star Wars was only planned to be 3 movies.

Sure there may be a break in real life, like a 5-10 year gap, but I think we'll see a 30+ year old Rey, Finn, and Kylo Ren in an Episode 10 and beyond. I don't think Disney will move on from them just yet.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 05:01 PM   #183
sdp
Megan Fox = April

The actress of Rey said she wouldn't portray her again after Ep. IX and JJ told us IX would "tie all 3 trilogies together" whatever that means.

Disney seems to want something like this:

2018 Solo
2019 IX
2020 Spin Off
2021 Rian Trilogy part 1
2022 spin off
2023 Rian Trilogy Part 2
2024 spin off
2025 Rian Trilogy Part 3
2026 Spin off
2027 Episode X

Of course I think the backlash against Disney owning everything and disneyfying things might actually change their plans, Star Wars will continue giving diminishing numbers so who knows if it'll last that long with the current model.

Also if Disney feels comfortable they might want to start releasing two Star Wars movies a year, remember Solo comes out in May that's only 5 months away basically. Disney might think that if Marvel can release 3+ movies a year why not Star Wars. So who knows maybe Ep. X could come out before if that's the case, it just won't have Rey or Kylo, I'm guessing they'd do something a bit different.

And I'm sure Rey's actress will eventually come back to the role, she jus twants to follow Portman's strategy as to not be typecast like the rest of the OT actors but like Ford she'd likely come back eventually because of $$$ if she is already successful outside of Star Wars for a few years or if she never became success ful out of Star Wars either way it'll only take time.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 05:51 PM   #184
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
The actress of Rey said she wouldn't portray her again after Ep. IX
Total bullsh**.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 06:29 PM   #185
CyberCubed
Overlord

They always say that, and they always comes back. Daisy Ridley reminds me of the Harry Potter girl. She says she doesn't want to only be remembered as Hermoine, yet she's never had any other breakout role since even though she's been in a lot of other movies.

I do think that even if they take a break, they won't move on from Rey, Finn, maybe Kylo Ren, etc. so quickly. When the original trilogy ended people thought Star Wars movies were over for a long time, we didn't even get the prequels until literally more than 15 years later. We now know Disney wants new Star Wars movies for a while.

I fully expect an Episode 10 sometime later on with Rey, Finn, Poe, etc...and it probably won't be that far apart from 9. Daisy Ridley is only 25...I can easily see her having Episode 10 by the time she's in her early 30's.
Old 12-23-2017, 07:39 PM   #186
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

It was already debunked almost a month ago.

http://www.slashfilm.com/daisy-ridle...ave-star-wars/
Old 12-23-2017, 08:01 PM   #187
CyberCubed
Overlord

Daisy Ridley is literally the new iconic heroine for a new generation of fans, the next "Luke," as well as a feminist role model.

If Disney wants her back for more films, they'll throw millions of dollars at her to secure her. And as said, the fact that she's only 25...and she'll only be 27 when Episode 9 hits, proves she's young enough to use her for more movies in her 30's before she gets too old.

And even then we have plenty of older actors still employed in movies, look how damn old Robert Downey Jr. is now.
Old 12-23-2017, 08:24 PM   #188
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Looks like I was decieve by FAKE news clickbait from "geek culture" news sites.

But still I do think she's just doing damage control, look at all the negative things Portman said about Star Wars recently and I'm sure Daisy Ridley wants to follow her footsteps than say Mark Hamill's when it comes to acting.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 12:12 AM   #189
CyberCubed
Overlord

I'm going to call it now, and see if I'm right 2 years from now. Kylo Ren won't die in Episode 9 but he'll live on and leave the First Order. He'll still be a villain or rather conflicted between the dark and light, but he won't be killed off ala Vader, etc.

The more I think of it, the more Kylo Ren is the main star of the new trilogy besides Rey. He's far more important than Finn or anyone else, and I can't see them killing him off after the focus and development he seems to be getting. I don't think Episode 9 will be a clear cut sendoff to the current cast at all.
Old 12-24-2017, 05:24 AM   #190
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Looks like I was decieve by FAKE news clickbait from "geek culture" news sites.

But still I do think she's just doing damage control,.
yep. that and working with kathleen kennedy might be too much for her.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 11:43 AM   #191
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
yep. that and working with kathleen kennedy might be too much for her.
Why on earth would Daisy Ridley be complaining about Kathleen Kennedy? Do you even know what you're talking about? Daisy Ridley is mostly working with directors like J.J. Abrams and Rian Johnson, she's making millions in a role that made her instantly famous for decades to come, she has nothing to do with your grudge for someone who manages the Star Wars property.
Old 12-24-2017, 12:38 PM   #192
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Daisy owes her own career to being discovered by Kennedy. She wasn't "on the rise" or anything. If you're thinking she is pissed at her, you're dreaming.
Old 12-24-2017, 12:47 PM   #193
Vegita-San
Emperor

loyalty doesn't mean anything if your a brat to the people you discover. all indications are KK is a iron fisted ruler.
Old 12-24-2017, 12:51 PM   #194
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

She seems to be nice to the ladies.
Old 12-24-2017, 01:01 PM   #195
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
She seems to be nice to the ladies.
have you ever seen andi's mood when she interviews Kathleen Kennedy? the Ice between the two looks palpable.
Old 12-24-2017, 03:09 PM   #196
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
loyalty doesn't mean anything if your a brat to the people you discover. all indications are KK is a iron fisted ruler.
Quote:
have you ever seen andi's mood when she interviews Kathleen Kennedy? the Ice between the two looks palpable.
LOL, why are you acting like you have some inside info on what goes on between famous actors, directors, and celebrities? You sound to me like one of those conspiracy theorists who rants on message boards about behind the scenes things in Hollywood.

Daisy Ridley is a MILLIONAIRE because of Star Wars. She already made more money at the age of 25 than any of us will see for our entire lifetimes.
Old 02-22-2018, 07:28 PM   #197
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Abrams has a script.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018/...-to-be-filmed/
Old 02-23-2018, 05:23 AM   #198
Vegita-San
Emperor

surprised he has time with all the fan trashing he's doing as of late.

so don't care about star wars anymore.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Old 02-23-2018, 11:50 AM   #199
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
surprised he has time with all the fan trashing he's doing as of late.

so don't care about star wars anymore.
Then go away.
Old 03-29-2018, 11:26 AM   #200
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Are we ready for... Meryl Streep as Leia?

https://movieweb.com/star-wars-9-mer...e-fisher-leia/