The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 01-02-2019, 10:44 PM   #441
sdp
-

I'm confident they can make something logical with Leia, well at least as logical as her roles in Ep7/8 already were so nothing interesting but at least consistent. Luke will likely be a ghost and have some scenes to "redeem" him, I personally liked him in 8 for the most part.

I'm just not confident that JJ can actually deliver on this final act, he has never been good at delivering a satisfying piece to his "mystery box" in his other works either. The way I see it both J.J. and Disney see that it was Rian Johnson who made the bad movie but the direction they're going is good since TFA did great and even Rogue One did fine, Solo only did bad because of TLJ so JJ will just do more of his stuff which is an OT rehash and Disney will be happy.

I mean at least I can't think of any possible way to make the trilogy work, these are just some ideas that could make me think "well at least they tried". Rey/Kylo get together to form a new world together like Ep8 teased us with before going *J/K!! EmpirevRebels again! Finn becoming a Jedi, telling us what the **** the first order but according to them they already justified the existence with the lame explanations so that won't happen. Revealing a somewhat interesting backstory to Snoke even though he is dead to make sense of the first order would be nice. Rey actually having real parents and being a Skywalker/Palpatine or something to make sense of her powers and it was just Kylo lying to her about her past. Hell even a threat of an outside force a la New Jedi Order as a teaser for episode X would at least tell fans "hey we're going on a different direction, sorry for ****ing up the sequel trilogy" but most of these things are too ballsy and a longshot
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 11:20 PM   #442
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

It's not impossible to salvage 7 and 8 but good god... JJ has his work cut out for him. And as you say, JJ has never proven himself to deliver a good closing act to... well, anything before. Ever. As part 3 in a trilogy, the trilogy of trilogies, this has to sort of be devoid of any of his mystery box sh** and be the polar opposite of everything he's prided himself in doing his whole career.

Yeesh. Just yeesh. And it's weird, I've never been less excited to see a trailer for a numerical SW movie ever. More than anything, this just makes me sad.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 05:55 AM   #443
newfan
Mad Scientist

It will be both good and sad to see her, with both Leia and Luke still appearing in one way or another I'll likely go and watch the movie still, not sure what I expect to see so far as the story at this point. I'll probably hold off when it comes out and read the spoilers from others.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 06:09 AM   #444
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Yeesh. Just yeesh. And it's weird, I've never been less excited to see a trailer for a numerical SW movie ever. More than anything, this just makes me sad.
yep.

it's what happens when so many things are just not made for the fans or the good of the franchise anymore.

We where flipping across things on the TV to find something colorful the baby could watch as we fed him. my mother came across Rise, and I just couldn't get myself to care about it at all. ten years ago, with the amazing 4kids tmnt, I'd never figure that moment would come.

but, here we are.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 06:12 AM   #445
Sumac
Banned

The problem is not that Ep VIII wasn't made for fans, the problem that it was just a mediocre movie by itself.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 07:26 AM   #446
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

Does anyone even care about Star Wars anymore? they totally butchered the franchise. If the Disney Star wars movies were peoples introduction to the movies no-one would like them, and they would NEVER have become a phenomenon.

Yet another cash grabs that diminishes the originals.

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 08:11 AM   #447
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Well, it took me three days, but I was able to put together a 90-minute Fanedit of The Force Awakens where Rei isn't a god sue, Finn is the only one who weilds the lightsaber, Kylo Ren does nothing, and Han gets to save the day and survive.

I call it "The Ford Awakens".

Should have it uploaded later today if all goes smoothly.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 09:51 AM   #448
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Finn is the only one who weilds the lightsaber,
Rey getting the lightsaber is actually one of the better spots in the movie. It's that she's so good with it "out of the box" that's the problem.

If I were to reedit it I'd just mostly show her getting owned and never laying a blow on Kylo. Then the land splits and that's that.
Old 01-03-2019, 10:10 AM   #449
sdp
-

I wonder if they'll do anything with Captain Phasma, such a cool design only to be treated like trash (literally) in Ep7. I complained and fanboys attacked me about how I was impatient and it was a set up, we'd see the real phasma in the next movie, the novel explains why she gave the plans so easily since she secretly hates the empi- I mean first order. Ep8 comes out and she does nothing except getting beaten rather easily and left to die for the second time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Same but this was my case after EP7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueTurtle1 View Post
Does anyone even care about Star Wars anymore? they totally butchered the franchise. If the Disney Star wars movies were peoples introduction to the movies no-one would like them, and they would NEVER have become a phenomenon.

Yet another cash grabs that diminishes the originals.
We need to see how much damage TLJ did and if Solo was a trend or if they can actually save face with the general audience and make money. I mean I hated and slowly stopped caring about SWs after TFA but we were a minority, most didn't jump ship until after TLJ, maybe they'll get back on the hype train again?

Disney did butcher the franchise but even if they do lose most of us they can still make plenty of money from movies from casuals for many years, it just won't be the big events SWs had always been until Solo.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 11:20 AM   #450
Sumac
Banned

I never was big fan of Star Wars in the first place, so my prime interest is that new movies should be good and ORIGINAL, as opposed to rehashing plot points for nostalgia.
Old 01-03-2019, 01:51 PM   #451
Xav
Foot Elite

It's ironic that they wiped out the Expanded Universe so they could make original stories and just ended up redoing the OT.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 03:36 PM   #452
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
It's ironic that they wiped out the Expanded Universe so they could make original stories and just ended up redoing the OT.
and still wound up repeating stuff from the eu.

Old 01-03-2019, 03:39 PM   #453
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
I never was big fan of Star Wars in the first place, so my prime interest is that new movies should be good and ORIGINAL, as opposed to rehashing plot points for nostalgia.
You don't want your expectations subverted?
Old 01-03-2019, 04:42 PM   #454
Sumac
Banned

I kind of don't care really.
I'd like to have a good movie, but if it's bad...as I said I am not big fan of SW, especially in Disney hands.
Old 01-29-2019, 12:23 PM   #455
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Anthony Daniels has finished working on Episode IX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony Daniels
Today was 3PO's last on Episode IX. He's sad - so am I. But we're so proud to have worked with such a lovely, talented cast & crew lead by J.J. & Kathy. I'll miss everyone but I'm glad to know that we've been making something exceptional together, to share with the waiting world.
C-3PO actor Anthony Daniels says he's wrapped shooting on Star Wars: Episode IX
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 04:07 PM   #456
frank_one
Mad Scientist

His last time in the robot costume?
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 04:44 PM   #457
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
His last time in the robot costume?
Probably. I don't think he'll make it to X. Though I could see an inclination to have C3PO show up on "The Mandalorian" or something sometime in the foreseeable future.

Also, maybe the trailer and title in 5 days:
https://www.express.co.uk/entertainm...-Marvel-Disney
Old 02-05-2019, 02:47 PM   #458
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Apparently the title will be revealed momentarily...

https://www.facebook.com/CosmicBookN...3924955467436/
Old 02-05-2019, 03:02 PM   #459
Vegita-San
Emperor

i never thought there would be a day when i just wouldn't care.

episode 7 may have been a rehash, but despite it's flaws, it was a mostly enjoyable movie. I thought if they could fix all that in episode 8, they might have something. then episode 8 happened.

sigh. may this version of star wars crash and burn

Old 02-05-2019, 03:08 PM   #460
Leo656
The Franchise

I stand firm with your opening statement.

But I do wanna get my box of Star Wars toys out of the screenhouse one'a these days, just to see what I have. Honestly can't remember. I know I collected semi-heavily in the period shortly before Episode I all the way to shortly before Episode III. Not obsessively or anything; I'm generally a "one of each character" guy. But that was a fun time and I still have all of it, including some stuff still in the packaging. Not on purpose; just stuff I bought and then had to move out before ever opening them.

Sometimes I get tempted to start again, just because the face sculpts are so much better now. And those black boxed 6-7" figures are to die for.

Like TMNT, the content of the franchise may push me away, but god dammit, I love toys and junk.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote