The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 01-07-2019, 06:14 PM   #41
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
The zany cartoon tropes from Looney Tunes and several Hanna-Barbera programs were mechanisms used for the Toon Turtles sub-wave from the original Playmates line that was first sold in the ‘92 to ‘93 winter season.
I'm talking about the Classics line, not the vintage line
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 06:40 PM   #42
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
I'm talking about the Classics line, not the vintage line
I’m sorry. I had a misunderstanding. Thank you for clearing this up.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 09:54 PM   #43
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
But if that's the case, at least Get Shredder must have taken place first.

Order:

1). Shredder Trimumphant (the Technodrome ends up in Dimension X)

2.) Get Shredder

3). 2017 crossovers

4). Wrath of the Rat King (2017 crossovers explain how the Technodrome ends up in a black hole)

4). Rest of season 1
Why not 2016 and 2017 crossovers before Get Shredder?

I think its more natural that way since we don't end up with Red Sky design turtles in "Get Shredder", then 80s turtles looking like season 1-7 for the crossovers, then Red Sky turtles again for "Wrath of the Rat King".

For the 2016 crossover, Krang has lost access to the techndrome because of the events of Shredder Triumphant, but gets access to it because of Subprime's help. Then loses it again in Dimension X because of Subprime banishing him.

Then at the beginning of the 2017 crossover, Shredder and Krang get access to the technodrome again by themselves and bring it to the bottom of the earth again before it enters the Nick reality. And the end, the turtles send it back to Dimension X where its trapped in a black hole.

It would create an inconsistency however, since General Traag is shown to be trapped inside the technodrome in Wrath of the Rat King, and the last time he and the remaining Rock Soldiers were shown inside the technodrome was Shredder Triumphant.

"When the technodrome was blown back into Dimension X, it fell into a black hole. The intense gravity has kept it trapped here, and all of us inside it!" General Traag, in Wrath of the Rat King.

The only way I can creatively rectify this is to treat the Traag of 2012 from "The Big Blow-Out" as the same one from 1987, who got blown back to Dimension X at the end of the 2017 crossover, along with the technodrome.

Krang even calls the Nickelodeon Rock Soldiers as "his Rock soldiers" despite how different they look from the 1987 ones, so it seems like it was the writer's intention to have those Rock Soldiers represent the 1987 ones, but budget issues and the fact that the Rock Soldiers only appear in the last 8 minutes would've deterred them from creating new 3D models and hiring a voice actor for Traag.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 01-07-2019 at 10:15 PM.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 05:52 AM   #44
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Why not 2016 and 2017 crossovers before Get Shredder?

I think its more natural that way since we don't end up with Red Sky design turtles in "Get Shredder", then 80s turtles looking like season 1-7 for the crossovers, then Red Sky turtles again for "Wrath of the Rat King".

For the 2016 crossover, Krang has lost access to the techndrome because of the events of Shredder Triumphant, but gets access to it because of Subprime's help. Then loses it again in Dimension X because of Subprime banishing him.

Then at the beginning of the 2017 crossover, Shredder and Krang get access to the technodrome again by themselves and bring it to the bottom of the earth again before it enters the Nick reality. And the end, the turtles send it back to Dimension X where its trapped in a black hole.

It would create an inconsistency however, since General Traag is shown to be trapped inside the technodrome in Wrath of the Rat King, and the last time he and the remaining Rock Soldiers were shown inside the technodrome was Shredder Triumphant.

"When the technodrome was blown back into Dimension X, it fell into a black hole. The intense gravity has kept it trapped here, and all of us inside it!" General Traag, in Wrath of the Rat King.

The only way I can creatively rectify this is to treat the Traag of 2012 from "The Big Blow-Out" as the same one from 1987, who got blown back to Dimension X at the end of the 2017 crossover, along with the technodrome.

Krang even calls the Nickelodeon Rock Soldiers as "his Rock soldiers" despite how different they look from the 1987 ones, so it seems like it was the writer's intention to have those Rock Soldiers represent the 1987 ones, but budget issues and the fact that the Rock Soldiers only appear in the last 8 minutes would've deterred them from creating new 3D models and hiring a voice actor for Traag.
This should have a sticky thread, called something like Fred Wolf continuity and the crossovers.

Last edited by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan; 01-27-2019 at 03:28 AM.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 08:23 AM   #45
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
This should have a sticky thread. Fred Wolf continuity and the crossovers.
Perhaps a thread in the Fred Wolf Brotherhood wouldn't be a bad idea to go in-depth.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
Old 01-09-2019, 07:08 AM   #46
Overlord

Venice

So many gondolas in Venice on the Half Shell being of various colours. At least most of them are black

https://www.getyourguide.se/venice-l...8/?utm_force=0
Old 01-11-2019, 02:30 AM   #47
Dejablue
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Turtles Forever
This. Forever and ever and freakin ever.

^^^^
SHELLHEADS Inc.- A TMNT Discord!
Dejablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 02:35 AM   #48
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejablue View Post
This. Forever and ever and freakin ever.
Just curious, why do you feel that?

I'm definetly one of those people who agree that the 1987 Universe was misrepresented heavily in the film.

However, I felt as if it was purposefully meant to be shown as a universe to be heavily contrasted with the 2003 one rather than the "actual" 80s universe, just like with how Mirage is purposefully exaggeratted in the film and not meant to be the actual Mirage. (but not in a spiteful way).

Old 01-11-2019, 03:05 AM   #49
Overlord

Quote:
However, I felt as if it was purposefully meant to be shown as a universe to be heavily contrasted with the 2003 one.
That was not the purpose with Turtles Forever. The purpose with Turtles Forever was to cross over the two cartoonverses who actually existed by 2009.
Old 01-11-2019, 01:16 PM   #50
Dejablue
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Just curious, why do you feel that?

I'm definitely one of those people who agree that the 1987 Universe was misrepresented heavily in the film.

However, I felt as if it was purposefully meant to be shown as a universe to be heavily contrasted with the 2003 one rather than the "actual" 80s universe, just like with how Mirage is purposefully exaggeratted in the film and not meant to be the actual Mirage. (but not in a spiteful way).

If that was the intent, which i highly doubt, then they should not have done that. We get it the 80s turtles were silly and their logic was ridiculous. I'll even give TF the whole "The walked around on the streets in broad daylight" bit cuz they honestly kind of did. But I hated how TF depicted the 80's turtles as cry baby cowards. They are not cowards. The scene were they all cry and run up to 2k3 Mikey (or was it Raph) made me sick. It just feels like they were characterized so poorly out of spite. The 80's turtles are silly, yes. But cowards who seem nearly totally unaware of the situation and are unable to take the obviously serious situation seriously? No!

^^^^
SHELLHEADS Inc.- A TMNT Discord!

Last edited by Dejablue; 01-11-2019 at 01:21 PM.
Dejablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 03:40 PM   #51
Overlord

Krang has his own rock warriors in Dimension X. So, why borrow those rock monsters from the Kraang in the 2017 crossovers? It's like we had forgotten Fred Wolf's Traag, Granitor and the others.
Old 01-12-2019, 05:09 AM   #52
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Krang has his own rock warriors in Dimension X. So, why borrow those rock monsters from the Kraang in the 2017 crossovers? It's like we had forgotten Fred Wolf's Traag, Granitor and the others.
I mean... That's not really a flaw of the writing as much as the budget. They had to make plenty of new character models and sets for those episodes, there needed to be compromises in a few places.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 07:17 AM   #53
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejablue View Post
If that was the intent, which i highly doubt, then they should not have done that. We get it the 80s turtles were silly and their logic was ridiculous. I'll even give TF the whole "The walked around on the streets in broad daylight" bit cuz they honestly kind of did. But I hated how TF depicted the 80's turtles as cry baby cowards. They are not cowards. The scene were they all cry and run up to 2k3 Mikey (or was it Raph) made me sick. It just feels like they were characterized so poorly out of spite. The 80's turtles are silly, yes. But cowards who seem nearly totally unaware of the situation and are unable to take the obviously serious situation seriously? No!
Ok, I will give you that one. No matter how cartoony they were, they always treated a threat like a threat and would never cry or run away from battle like cowards. (thats more of Shredder's thing)

Most of the other jokes I felt were coming from a good place, except for the crying/running away one.

Old 01-12-2019, 08:09 AM   #54
Overlord

Quote:
Ok, I will give you that one. No matter how cartoony they were, they always treated a threat like a threat and would never cry or run away from battle like cowards. (thats more of Shredder's thing)

Most of the other jokes I felt were coming from a good place, except for the crying/running away one.
I always hated when Shredder was in a great fight against the turtles, but suddenly Krang called over the comlink and told Shredder to leave.
Old 01-12-2019, 10:07 AM   #55
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

"A little hamster statue! I've always wanted one!" (Quote may not be exact.)

Who goes their whole life always wanting a hamster statue...? lol
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 10:13 AM   #56
Overlord

Always

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
"A little hamster statue! I've always wanted one!" (Quote may not be exact.)

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20150212195504

Who goes their whole life always wanting a hamster statue...? lol
With always, I guess she means maybe a few weeks or months ago, after seing one when visiting a friend or so.
Old 01-25-2019, 04:15 PM   #57
pferreira
Foot Elite

The FW Turtles in Turtles Forever. What the hell was Laird thinking???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
- Donatello being outsmarted by a family of hillbillies: ...I rest my case. It speaks for itself, really.
Okay this one I have to defend because I feel there's a reason. The point is Donatello has modified the van to have all these tech gadgets which are now being used against him and the others by the hillbillies. It's not the hillbillies by themselves that's the threat, it's them using the Turtles new tech against them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Because I really can't see anyone, even a moron, write down something like: "Then the ninja man brings the unexplained purple crystal to a science man, who turns it into goo and then the ninja tranqs the two unwitting morons with it, which turns them into a pig and rhino because humans totally evolved from those. Also the morons are just fine with this and does whatever the ninja tells them from now on."

And think it can't be improved.
By that token the entire premise of TMNT is ludicrous but then isn't that what you would call Crysler Law or Newman's Law or some name like that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Again with this? Making fun of a bad cartoon you have nostalgia for isn't the same as insulting your intelligence.
No neatoman don't start this again. It's not a bad cartoon and yes Turtles Forever is insulting because it shows the FW TMNT as morons when even at their best silly they clearly weren't.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 03:50 AM   #58
Overlord

Quote:
I would like to see the shared Fred Wolf–Nickelodeon Dimension X on a lrager scale. I guess Dimension X was once more like the Milky Way before the Kraang began to manipulate some parts of it (Nickelodeon part) in all possible ways (space, time, gravity, laws of physics).
Old 02-01-2019, 12:56 PM   #59
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
I would like to see the shared Fred Wolf–Nickelodeon Dimension X on a lrager scale. I guess Dimension X was once more like the Milky Way before the Kraang began to manipulate some parts of it (Nickelodeon part) in all possible ways (space, time, gravity, laws of physics).
Direct to DVD movies are the way to go.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 06:18 AM   #60
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
Direct to DVD movies are the way to go.
A lot of TMNT needs to define Dimension X, what it is? Dimension or galaxy?