The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 04-23-2014, 09:26 PM   #41
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooish View Post
The part that made me happiest was the Letters column, which talks about future issues. I was glad to see that the goal is to give each Turtle equal importance. I think that IDW has been quite good with this so far. Don is fairly universally the one who has been talking to people (Leo, April) and calming them down lately. He's very mature. I think that Mikey has been missing some focus lately, although I was happy for his role in the Slash and Krang arcs and in some of Northampton. The rest of this year will give Donatello a chance to shine, and apparently "Mike will be the most pivotal Turtle in 2015". Pretty awesome! I can see Don's plot focusing on the Technodrome, but what the hell will Mikey's be about? Maybe the others will take him more seriously and start calling him Mike instead of Mikey!
Oh man now I'm going to spend all my free time thinking about potential Mikey-centric plots
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 09:47 PM   #42
AquaParade
Banned

What just happened? I'll have to go back later and dissect but this issue seemed to grab me more than any since "year one".
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 05:35 AM   #43
Plasticplayhouse
the gray ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***Doo Doo Acureds*** View Post
Those two guys were havin' a blast with their new playmates"

i dont know if that was an intentional nod, but i caught it too.

i dug this issue a lot. the coverage of casey and hun was great! i'm looking forward to see where this new arch takes us.
Old 04-24-2014, 07:26 AM   #44
liugeaux
Hench Mutant

I loved the amount of exposition in this issue. Action scenes are great and all, but they fly by so fast that an action heavy issue often feels short and story less.
liugeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 06:07 PM   #45
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

So oh Prophet,what did you come up with?

Focus on the Casey Jones/Hun angle and its unique feature to this incarnation. Casey Jones is offered a place on the dark side of the force to escape death after Hun learns that it was Shredder that put Casey in the hospital. Nice showcase of Angel as well. I can see Arnold "Hun" Jones Sr. coming to his senses about the opportunity he was given and play a Darth Vadar-like role in Vadar's final moments and it happen in the big arc around issue #50.

I have a feeling it will be the weakest issue of the four in this current arc only because of the features to come with Don/April/Harold/Metalhead then Mike/Raph/Hob/Slash and finally Leo/Splinter/Rat King.
Old 04-24-2014, 07:14 PM   #46
Raven
follower of Jesus

Loved this issue!

A lot of the ramifications from City at War play into this opening. When I first read this issue would primarily focus on Hun I was leery that it was going to suck, but you guys proved me quite wrong.

Shredder's ability to manipulate and entice was so fun to read, I got a big kick how he was able to screw with Huns head and skew the reality of the situation.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 11:47 AM   #47
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
What just happened? I'll have to go back later and dissect but this issue seemed to grab me more than any since "year one".
check out Turtlepedia for a summary of the issue (http://turtlepedia.wikia.com/wiki/Mo...admen#Part_One)

Quote:
Originally Posted by liugeaux View Post
I loved the amount of exposition in this issue. Action scenes are great and all, but they fly by so fast that an action heavy issue often feels short and story less.
I agree. The only real action in this issue was the Turtles stopping that bank robbery and the Hun tearing up the Skara Brae but it still felt like an eventful issue, I guess because of all the dialogue between characters to set up the events of the next few issues in this story arc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
So oh Prophet,what did you come up with?

Focus on the Casey Jones/Hun angle and its unique feature to this incarnation. Casey Jones is offered a place on the dark side of the force to escape death after Hun learns that it was Shredder that put Casey in the hospital. Nice showcase of Angel as well. I can see Arnold "Hun" Jones Sr. coming to his senses about the opportunity he was given and play a Darth Vadar-like role in Vadar's final moments and it happen in the big arc around issue #50.

I have a feeling it will be the weakest issue of the four in this current arc only because of the features to come with Don/April/Harold/Metalhead then Mike/Raph/Hob/Slash and finally Leo/Splinter/Rat King.
Ha, the Hun as Darth Vader, I like it. I can definitely see something like that happening. To me the Hun really does seem to be operating out of a weird sense of honor, and I think his decision to keep working for the Shredder will haunt him.

The only thing I could think of that may happen with Mikey is the return of Kara, the undercover cop who was trying to figure out who it was that wanted to steal that big green diamond, the Dresden. Or maybe Mikey will get a date with Princess Tribb!

You're right MikeandRaph87, I think this will be the weakest issue in this arc, and that's fine with me because this issue was great. Can't wait to see some new characters!
Old 04-25-2014, 01:01 PM   #48
liugeaux
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
check out Turtlepedia for a summary of the issue (http://turtlepedia.wikia.com/wiki/Mo...admen#Part_One)

Ha, the Hun as Darth Vader, I like it. I can definitely see something like that happening. To me the Hun really does seem to be operating out of a weird sense of honor, and I think his decision to keep working for the Shredder will haunt him.
Working with the Shred will definitely come back to haunt him, and these could be the seeds of a really powerful death plot. I see Shredder killing Hun to either punish him or simply to draw Casey and the Turtles out of hiding. I also see Casey not taking it well, maybe thinking he could've done something to save him.

As for honor, I see it more as selfishness. He's staying in so he can remain powerful and relevant. His addiction has changed from Alcohol to Power, any honor in his actions is just something he's created in head to justify his actions.
liugeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 02:54 PM   #49
swing_kinker
Thug

very good issue, a lot of plot points addressed. As a Scot it was nice to see the return of Fergie! I definitely see Hun redeeming himself somewhere down the line to save casey and the the Turtles.....which will ultimately end in his death
swing_kinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 10:09 AM   #50
Desslok
Hench Mutant

I feel bad for Casey, I can relate to some of his situation, except for the part about having a psychotic madman for a father of course.

Watch Episodes | Latest Updates | More Fun
Desslok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 11:09 AM   #51
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Here's my review of TMNT #33 at TMNT Entity.

A few days late with that one; had a packed after-work schedule the past few days.

I liked how quickly this issue picked up on the plot threads it left behind after "City Fall" and wastes absolutely no time in getting back into the swing of things. "Northampton" was our breather arc, after all, so there's no sense in taking time, now.

Hun and Casey was definitely the plot thread in highest priority, I think, as there was only so long their situations could simmer without being addressed. It was a complicated conversation between the two which befit their complicated relationship and I REALLY liked the direction it went in. That variant cover left me thinking it would end in a fight, but it wound up doing the exact opposite and feeling all the more organic for it.

By the way, what's the name of this story arc, again? I guess IDW went back to not including arc titles on the page (which is fine; I just like to keep track for my site).
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 11:54 AM   #52
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpengler View Post
By the way, what's the name of this story arc, again? I guess IDW went back to not including arc titles on the page (which is fine; I just like to keep track for my site).
Monsters, Misfits, and Madmen
Old 04-26-2014, 12:13 PM   #53
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I agree with Liugeaux that when Hun decides to continue working for Shredder and not go into hiding with his son its out of a selfish need to feel important. This role in the Shredder's organization allows him to oversee the thugs of New York City. Shredder says himself that Arnold Jones Sr. is expendable only his good work has put it off. He never had the chance to amount to much and falsely believes this makes him important. I do wonder if Shredder when he mentioned to Hun he wanted Casey with them that Shredder wanted Casey to take Hun's place. Similar to the idea of Palpitine's that Anakin niavely went along with. "Join me and together as father and son we shall rule New York City!". There is definitely a Darth Vadar of Return of The Jedi like role going on with Hun.
Old 04-26-2014, 12:19 PM   #54
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desslok View Post
I feel bad for Casey, I can relate to some of his situation, except for the part about having a psychotic madman for a father of course.
yeah its hard not to feel bad for casey. I had a similar issue. I was a walk-on baseball player in college trying to earn a scholarship, but I was forced to quit because of illness and I then suffered a life threatening injury that following year so I was never able to play baseball again after that.
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 12:19 PM   #55
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
Monsters, Misfits, and Madmen
Thanks, man!
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 05:17 PM   #56
909 Turtle Fan
Hench Mutant

Freakin great line about playmates! Hun vs The Shredder in a fight one on one would be cool. Really looking forward to seeing what is up with Old Hob.

"Breath in the smoke, Oroku Saki, and meditate. Open your mind and all will become clear."-Kitsune, SHotFC #3

"You know what, you're not Leonardo, you're a member of the foot clan. you are a foot clan member! you're not just a member, you're Danny! you're that punk b*tch Danny!"
-Adam, workaholics, teenage mutant ninja roommates
909 Turtle Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 08:52 PM   #57
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 909 Turtle Fan View Post
Freakin great line about playmates! Hun vs The Shredder in a fight one on one would be cool. Really looking forward to seeing what is up with Old Hob.
If Karai can take down Rocksteady, then Hun shouldn't give Shredder much trouble at all. What I'd really like to see is how he measures up against the Turtles.

And ditto on Old Hob's schemes! Alas, still two months to go...
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 12:34 AM   #58
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
If Karai can take down Rocksteady, then Hun shouldn't give Shredder much trouble at all. What I'd really like to see is how he measures up against the Turtles.

And ditto on Old Hob's schemes! Alas, still two months to go...
Correct me if I am wrong but Rocksteady used the mutigen, while hun used the ooze correct? Mutigen=Mutation, ooze= super strength/healing factor???

also Hun has a brain and knows how to fight
It could make for a interesting fight.
I will say this, I am not a big fan of the fact Hun is Casey's father in this universe.
In the 2k3 series Hun killing Casey's father gave him a even better reason to fight with the turtles, a personal vendetta.
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 02:20 AM   #59
nimajneb
Stone Warrior

A great issue, i felt.
A nice Epilogue to City Fall and NH arcs whilst setting up the next arc.
A great issue - sometimes the slow burn issues work really well, this being a prime example.
Its nice to see Matteus back behind the reins too.

MICHELANGELO
I hear his bike turns into a plane, or like a jet pack. Hey Don, you're so smart, why don't we have jet packs?
DONATELLO
Yeah, that's good, Mikey. I don't even trust you with a driver's license.
[/
nimajneb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 08:31 AM   #60
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 909 Turtle Fan View Post
Really looking forward to seeing what is up with Old Hob.
I'm curious to see what's been going on with Hob, Slash, Alopex and Koya! I have a feeling Hob has been plotting what to do with the mutagen Splinter got for him, I know something is up with Slash, I'm guessing Alopex will head back to New York and possibly meet up with Hob, and I imagine Shredder is mad that Koya failed to kill Splinter and the Turtles

Tags
tom waltz