The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Books, Comics, and Other Literature

Notices

Old 08-10-2016, 03:06 PM   #21
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
September launch,correct? I am switching to RenewcYour Vows.
I already told you it's either October or November
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 03:07 AM   #24
ZariusTwo
Overlord

First look at Stegman's take on Annie May

Old 08-16-2016, 04:26 AM   #25
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Another sample from Stegman's RYV art

Old 08-17-2016, 10:07 AM   #26
ZariusTwo
Overlord

I'm getting the urge to play those pre-premiere Power Rangers Zeo promos now

("you've gotta see it...it's coming...")
Old 08-17-2016, 11:18 AM   #27
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
I'm not getting my hopes up but it looks good! I would definitely go for this.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 12:05 PM   #28
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
I'm not getting my hopes up
Why not? It's not by Slott, it's from a well regarded writer in Conway, and his recent Carnage series was brilliant.
Old 08-17-2016, 02:35 PM   #29
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Mary Jane joins her husband and daughter in combatting crime in Renew Your Vows

Quote:
Spider-Man has had a lot of costumes over the years, and sometimes he seems to swap them out simply to match his mood. Just last week Peter Parker put on a new Spider-Man costume in the pages of Spider-Man/Deadpool #8. However, it isn’t every day that Mary Jane Watson and Peter and MJ’s daughter, Annie, get superhero costumes of their own.

Okay, so Mary Jane did get a Spider-Man costume pretty recently, but she only wore it briefly. This new costume, designed by Ryan Stegman for the upcoming Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows series with writer Gerry Conway, seems like it is built to last for a good, long while. Stegman gave Mary Jane, a professional supermodel, a more fashionable take on the classic Spider-Man look.

“I wanted something sleek and fashionable,” Stegman says of Mary Jane’s design. “Because it's Mary Jane! The white sets her apart from Peter, and the eye mask I think is a nice touch. Mary Jane wouldn't want to cover her hair with a full-face mask!”

Stegman took a somewhat more personal approach to designing the costume for Annie, which has a “safety first” aesthetic to it.

“I approached it as a parent would, since I'm a parent myself,” Stegman explains. “I just taught my son to ride a bike and whenever he gets on that thing I pad him up something fierce. And as parents, MJ and Peter have to be terrified of their daughter swinging around the city of New York! So Annie reluctantly accepts their mandate that she is not allowed to go swinging around without her pads.”

Check out Stegman’s designs and his full cover for Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows #1 in the gallery below. The issue goes on sale this fall as part of Marvel NOW!
http://comicbook.com/2016/08/17/excl...s-new-spider-m
Old 08-17-2016, 05:27 PM   #30
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Are they going to go with a third Amazing Spider-Man#1 in as many years alongside this?
Old 08-18-2016, 03:11 AM   #31
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
September launch,correct? I am switching to RenewcYour Vows.
ASM is continuing as normal for the time being, but it will have an additional mini-series launching that will carry the bulk of the next big story, "Clone Conspiracy"

Here are my additional thoughts on RYV (taken from my Zaredit blog)

Quote:
Like with a lot of things, Marvel have the monkey's paw attached to whatever it is the fans want...you wanted a happily married Peter? Well you're getting an MJ who's going to fight crime alongside him with his daughter. You're getting The InWebbables (ok, bad pun)

It makes total sense to distinguish MJ from the MJ of the newspaper strip (who remains a normal girl caught up in a mad world and loves every bit of it) and MC2 (where MJ was a concerned, but relatively stable parent who could be a rock and mentor to her husband and daughter), and the fact this MJ is willing to gut it out and be there for her family shows how tiresome and stale the Mephistoverse version has become, and why it's time to put her and the Amazingly stupid devil dealing Spider-Man Child out to pasture.

Peter being a father works, Peter being an active superhero and a father has only been tried in a few short stories published way back in 2008 during the infancy of Brand New Day, and it was buried in a mere few pages of a large anthology magazine that didn't last too long. Now the premise has larger legs and is poised to take bolder footsteps. It's not afraid to be different or take a risk, and it should be commended for that, all manners of risk should be rewarded, succeed or fail, especially if it lines up with something the fans want to see.

Parker Industries with a family man Peter would also have been a must-buy for me, same with Superior. Things like this can be enhanced with a married Spider-Man, different kinds of stories can be told, stakes can be higher. That's what I want out of RYV, for there to be not just a great family dynamic, but the tensions and perils that can come attached to a seemingly never-ending devotion to power and responsibility. The Spider-Man myth has always been about more than just one man in the world, he owes everything to the likes of characters like MJ forging him into the best he can possibly be, and with her at his side more frequently, he can only get better.

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 08-18-2016 at 03:37 AM.
Old 08-18-2016, 08:28 AM   #32
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Its done deal now as of next Wednesday I am switching titles after September. This is an interesting premise. I prefer MJ being a supporter on the sidelines, but heroic MJ/ Why not give it a try if she is Mrs. Parker.

It a way it is ironic for Gerry to be writing the title since he "cleared the way" for this to happen.
Old 08-18-2016, 10:59 AM   #33
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Its done deal now as of next Wednesday I am switching titles after September. This is an interesting premise. I prefer MJ being a supporter on the sidelines, but heroic MJ/ Why not give it a try if she is Mrs. Parker.
Yeah, as I said, the newspaper strip still gives you a sidelined MJ supporting Peter, so it's nice to shake up that set-up a bit in other books

Good point on Conway. It seems all the guys who have advanced the marriage the most have been people who have worked decades for the company. I'd still like to see a younger writer tackle it, so hopefully if the book lasts a long time, Conway can pass the baton.
Old 08-20-2016, 05:11 AM   #34
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Annie saves the wheatcakes!
Old 08-21-2016, 02:58 AM   #35
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Classic Spidey Status for RYV. Pete and Jonah at the Bugle

(Not really that nostalgic to me since I see it all the time in the very pro-marriage newspaper comics, but still...yay)
Old 08-22-2016, 03:07 PM   #36
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Solit for ASM: RYV#1

Quote:
GERRY CONWAY (W) • RYAN STEGMAN (A/C)

Variant Cover by ADAM KUBERT

HIP-HOP Variant Cover by TBA

Action Figure Mary Jane & ANNIE Variant Cover by JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER

Divided We Stand Variant Cover by TBA

The Parker family is web-slinging and wall-crawling their way into your hearts and into comic shops later this year! Life is good for Peter Parker and Mary Jane; their daughter Annie is their pride and joy, they’re both working and (barely) making ends meet, they’re keeping the streets of New York City safe from super villains…you know, normal family stuff. Oh, did we mention MJ and Annie have Spider-Powers –– just like Peter?! Being Spider-Man just became a family affair...
Old 08-22-2016, 09:04 PM   #37
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Well this DOES look promising, but I'm still skeptical if this will last or prove the "new" canon for 616 Spidey at any point. I admit I'm intrigued, but I have no access to a comic shop. (And can't afford to buy single issues with shipping costs- I'd have to wait for trades, which might be too late to make a difference.) So as great as this news is, I fear getting my hopes up. But I DO love the new look for M-J!

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 05:13 AM   #38
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Well this DOES look promising, but I'm still skeptical if this will last or prove the "new" canon for 616 Spidey at any point
I reckon it will be. As I've said numerous times in here, they teased there was a link between this and the current post-OMD canon, also next year is the marriage's 30th anniversary so they're bound to do something around then.

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 08-23-2016 at 06:26 AM.
Old 08-26-2016, 12:31 AM   #40
WebLurker
Hench Mutant

I was a fan of the original RYV miniseries, so I'm generally looking forward to this.

Am I the only one who's a little leery about MJ having copies of Peter and Annie's superpowers?
WebLurker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
spider-man, spider-marriage returns