The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Celibration! It's episode 100!
There is no April, only Za-naron! 18 34.62%
April is over 9000! (Somebody was bound to say this sooner or later) 8 15.38%
Now if only 'Back to the Sewers' ended this easily! 9 17.31%
There is a death in the family and it wasn't Splinter this time...oh wait! 6 11.54%
And that was 'Dark April' everybody! 11 21.15%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-22-2016, 05:48 PM   #141
Donny's computer84
Thug

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klunk1234 View Post
It was absolutely shocking watching Donnie being desintegrated by "Zanaron" who was in total control of April. Then the boys remind their friend all the things they have been doing during their patrol together, and to remember Donnie. Only then, April was able to destroy that crystal and be free from that monster control. Then integrated Donnie his normal form, he was in particles, but not dead, like I though.

It was enough what they did to my Donnie on issue #44 from the IDW comics.
The episode was full of action, I was shocked when she disintegrates Donny. She was able to get him back.
Donny's computer84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 12:47 PM   #142
TheJ-manTurtleMan
Stone Warrior

Check out my episode review on YouTube
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DgWdG6ZfyNw

"I love a little hot sauce on my pizza! I love a little hot sauce yes I dooo!"
TheJ-manTurtleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 03:10 PM   #143
Turtle-X
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Commit to a relationship?
heh, yeah.

though, Casey hasn't been around much since they returned from space. guess all that time together on a spaceship wasn't so great.
Turtle-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 11:35 AM   #144
Redworld96
Stone Warrior

@TMNTMaster has posted the storyboard of Donnie's "death" scene:

https://twitter.com/TMNTMaster/statu...10357184004096
Redworld96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 12:30 PM   #145
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redworld96 View Post

That is just dope!
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 05:52 PM   #146
IronBoomer
Random Punk

In place of a Shredder, YOU WOULD HAVE A QUEEN!
ALL WILL LOVE PIZZA AND DESPAIR

...was I the only one thinking that reference?
Old 11-30-2016, 07:21 AM   #147
THGhost
Puppet Master

Quote:

Sweet. I like how they draw each turtle with their assigned colour. Nice simple way of telling them apart on the storyboards.

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 08:10 PM   #148
turtle1237
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klunk1234 View Post
It was absolutely shocking watching Donnie being desintegrated by "Zanaron" who was in total control of April. Then the boys remind their friend all the things they have been doing during their patrol together, and to remember Donnie. Only then, April was able to destroy that crystal and be free from that monster control. Then integrated Donnie his normal form, he was in particles, but not dead, like I though.

It was enough what they did to my Donnie on issue #44 from the IDW comics.
Being blown into to a million pieces, I don't care for your fancy words of disintegrated, lol. He was dead. His organs were all over the place in the rain. How much deader can one be?
turtle1237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 06:32 AM   #149
Tarris Vaal
Stone Warrior

I kinda have to agree.
He was quite dead. He was no more. He had ceased to be. He'd expired and gone to meet his maker. He shuffled off his mortal coil. Bereft of life and ceased to be. He was an Ex Turtle.

Still an awesome episode though

I'm quite surprised how well it holds up on repeat viewing as well. Just wish this whole series was 40min episodes. Could have done so much more with this.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...the-sedisverse
Tarris Vaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 08:51 AM   #150
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarris Vaal View Post
I kinda have to agree.
He was quite dead. He was no more. He had ceased to be. He'd expired and gone to meet his maker. He shuffled off his mortal coil. Bereft of life and ceased to be. He was an Ex Turtle.

Still an awesome episode though

I'm quite surprised how well it holds up on repeat viewing as well. Just wish this whole series was 40min episodes. Could have done so much more with this.
I'm in the mood to watch Nostalgia Critic's review for The Room now.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 07:59 PM   #151
T-U-R-T-L-E POWA!
Stone Warrior

I liked the episode, in and of itself, but was a little lukewarm to the whole crystal plot thread. It just seemed kinda random to me. When her hair got all spikey and she transformed she reminded me of Syndrome from The Incredibles. Sort of a cross between him and Zuul from Ghostbusters.
Old 02-12-2017, 03:36 AM   #152
Redworld96
Stone Warrior

I was researching a little about Super Robot Monkey Team Hyper Force Go! (you surely already know Ciro was the creator), and when I was watching the last episode of the show I could see some similarities with Riddle of the Ancient Aeons/The Power Inside Her (I will put them in spoilers because is kind of extensive ):

Spoiler:
You maybe have heard about SRMTHFG because Ciro has put many references of this show during the space arc of TMNT 2012 season 4.

The last episode, called “Soul of Evil” , calls my attention because the first half of the episode is very similar to Riddle of the Ancient Aeons, when April gets the crystal of the Soul Star (and when the theories of Dark April started).

While the second half of the episode is very similiar to The Power Inside Her (when Dark April ends), and there’s a parallel between Donnie-April and Nova-Sparx, but here the corrupted one is the red guy (Sparx) ,and the yellow girl (Nova) is the one who tried to bring him back but also the one who received more damage from him.

Even there are dialogues that actually were said in The Power Inside Her!

If in TMNT Za-Naron lost control over April because April thought about Donnie thanks to Raph, here it was Nova’s words (and her love for Sparx) that put end to his corruption. One difference: In this episode Nova and Sparx (apparently) become a couple, while Donnie-April, well… at least they’re healthy, but it wouldn’t surprise me if Apritello becomes canon in the last episode of the show, just like Nova/Sparx.

It could say more similarities between this show and TMNT in this episode, but instead of that, I invite you to watch the episode and see by yourself the similarities.
Old 02-12-2017, 05:43 AM   #153
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
I was researching a little about Super Robot Monkey Team Hyper Force Go! (you surely already know Ciro was the creator), and when I was watching the last episode of the show I could see some similarities with Riddle of the Ancient Aeons/The Power Inside Her (I will put them in spoilers because is kind of extensive ):

Spoiler:
You maybe have heard about SRMTHFG because Ciro has put many references of this show during the space arc of TMNT 2012 season 4.

The last episode, called “Soul of Evil” , calls my attention because the first half of the episode is very similar to Riddle of the Ancient Aeons, when April gets the crystal of the Soul Star (and when the theories of Dark April started).

https://68.media.tumblr.com/7b8c5221...rbtpg9_540.jpg

While the second half of the episode is very similiar to The Power Inside Her (when Dark April ends), and there’s a parallel between Donnie-April and Nova-Sparx, but here the corrupted one is the red guy (Sparx) ,and the yellow girl (Nova) is the one who tried to bring him back but also the one who received more damage from him.

Even there are dialogues that actually were said in The Power Inside Her!

https://68.media.tumblr.com/320c2062...rbtpg9_540.jpg

If in TMNT Za-Naron lost control over April because April thought about Donnie thanks to Raph, here it was Nova’s words (and her love for Sparx) that put end to his corruption. One difference: In this episode Nova and Sparx (apparently) become a couple, while Donnie-April, well… at least they’re healthy, but it wouldn’t surprise me if Apritello becomes canon in the last episode of the show, just like Nova/Sparx.

It could say more similarities between this show and TMNT in this episode, but instead of that, I invite you to watch the episode and see by yourself the similarities.
I really hope this is an homage and not a recycled script like in the Wyrm case. Is it too similar like in that case, right?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 08:10 AM   #154
Redworld96
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
I really hope this is an homage and not a recycled script like in the Wyrm case. Is it too similar like in that case, right?
The Power Inside Her was inspired in Dark Phoenix of XMen, Ghostbusters and in my opinion in SRMTHFG too. I think it's just an homage of all those movies/tv shows.