The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 11-29-2018, 12:45 PM   #41
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinitolove View Post
Now we get a hint at Karai beeing lesbian, as in the 2012 show. It's fine by me, but how male, boring and ugly Natsu is! Compare her to Shinigami - a phantastic, beautiful and feminine character! I love Karai and hope she'll find a worthy partner
Natsu is actually quite pretty in the way Sophie draws her. I'm definitely no fan of tattoos but she looks cute. Don't forget she hails from a very different culture than pretty much everyone here, and from a particularly youthful subculture at that. This is all IMHO, of course.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 12:53 PM   #42
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Meanwhile, that relationship is just adding more potential to my own ship and I'm just...

Weird way to start a relationship though. "Ah yeah, we both shot each other in the arm and I killed her grandfather, and now we're off to get to the the top of what's basically a gang war."
Old 11-29-2018, 07:01 PM   #43
Rooish
Devil's Advocate

I want to add an additional piece of praise for the section at the end with the Turtles hanging out on the farm together. The art was beautiful and it did evoke a nice feeling of combining the soft-heartedness of this IDW series with some of the nice slice of life bonding moments of Mirage. We don't get to see much downtime for the IDW turtles and it's kind of crazy that in this series, they've only known each other for one year. Like they remember their past lives now but didn't at the time.

Like when the Turtles gained consciousness after mutating in IDW, did they have baby minds or adult minds? If adult minds, why didn't they remember their past or think what was happening to them was odd? If they had baby minds, how did they become teenagers in one year?

Anyway. Back to the issue. I really liked the ending.
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 07:23 PM   #44
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Wow, I loved this issue a lot. The Bishop reveal in the other TMNT issue out this week was kinda weird but appreciable in a bonkers way but this one-shot really hit the spot. The Montage of the boys getting some downtime together checked off a box I'd been waiting to see filled for a long while now. The art from Campbell was great as always, and I really really liked how Leo was written. Who is Leo when he stops and questions his own motivations? I also really dug how there was more focus on Leo's thoughts rather than the action in this instance, it really helped give a POV slant to the story
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 11:49 PM   #45
DrReagan
Mouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
Weird way to start a relationship though. "Ah yeah, we both shot each other in the arm and I killed her grandfather, and now we're off to get to the the top of what's basically a gang war."
Ah but love works in mysterious ways, lol
DrReagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 11:40 AM   #46
Cloudrunner
Foot Soldier

Quote:
What's weirder is that there's virtually no context behind it. If you're gonna do it, just do it. Don't just "sneak it in." You work for IDW, for god's sake, they're probably the least likely publisher right now to call you out on stuff like this. I really hate having stuff like this shoehorned in just for the sake of it. Add some story context. If a fox and a turtle can be in a relationship I don't think anyone is gonna bat an eye at two women.
Cloudrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 11:50 AM   #47
CyberCubed
Overlord

Still find it funny this is the first time the Turtles see Ocho, and nobody makes a comment about this big menacing mole monster standing with Karai.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 12:15 PM   #48
Igglet

I found the lack of ***** Leo gave during this issue pretty funny.

Koya has spirit wings now? Cool.

Karai has a sword that can cut through steel with ease? Huh, she got busy.

And is that a monster moleman? Classic Karai, amirite fellas?
Old 11-30-2018, 02:46 PM   #49
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Yeah, that was all featured in Karai's Path. It's all explained how they got all those things.
Old 11-30-2018, 02:48 PM   #50
Igglet

Quote:
Yeah, that was all featured in Karai's Path. It's all explained how they got all those things.
I know, I was just referring to how nonchalantly Leo reacted to these things. It's his first time seeing all of this, you'd expect him to be at least a little surprised. Not complaining though, I just found it genuinely funny.
Old 11-30-2018, 02:56 PM   #51
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Ah. Well, that's what I get for being foggy in the head
Old 11-30-2018, 03:09 PM   #52
Rooish
Devil's Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igglet View Post
I know, I was just referring to how nonchalantly Leo reacted to these things. It's his first time seeing all of this, you'd expect him to be at least a little surprised. Not complaining though, I just found it genuinely funny.
My sword is broken, okay. Karai's a dyke, cool.
Old 11-30-2018, 03:15 PM   #53
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooish View Post
Karai's a dyke, cool.
Dude... Come on.
Old 11-30-2018, 07:54 PM   #54
Rooish
Devil's Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Dude... Come on.
No insult! I am one myself. I was just adding to the many things he nonchalantly took in stride.
Old 12-01-2018, 05:02 PM   #55
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooish View Post
No insult! I am one myself. I was just adding to the many things he nonchalantly took in stride.
Oh. My bad, then.
Old 12-03-2018, 06:08 PM   #56
DrReagan
Mouser

Quick thoughts that I wanted to add which I'm certain others have brought up, but the way he's been changing, I firmly believe that Karai will in fact honor the promise she made to Leonardo here and it'll be Splinter who ruins things.

EDIT: OH ****! I noticed another sign of Karai/Natsu other then the hand holding, after Leo tells everyone not to fight, Natsu and Karai exchange looks.

Last edited by DrReagan; 12-03-2018 at 06:18 PM.
DrReagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 07:06 PM   #57
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

The issue had so little dialogue. Karai's ni jas fighting Leonardo wirhout identifying themselves. I thought Karai would give reason for her return. A bit of a Leonardo oneshot rehash. Okay, not great. Hard to follow up the excellently characterized Michelangelo issue.
Old 12-04-2018, 03:37 AM   #58
Igglet

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
The issue had so little dialogue. Karai's ni jas fighting Leonardo wirhout identifying themselves. I thought Karai would give reason for her return. A bit of a Leonardo oneshot rehash. Okay, not great. Hard to follow up the excellently characterized Michelangelo issue.
In all honesty, a possible reason for why I didn't really like the way Leo was characterized in this Macro was because the Mikey one did it so well. As a big Leo fan, the way he acted in the Mikey Macro blew me away and that set the bar so high and gave me unrealistically high expectations.
Old 01-18-2019, 04:17 PM   #59
Toxin45
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrReagan View Post
Quick thoughts that I wanted to add which I'm certain others have brought up, but the way he's been changing, I firmly believe that Karai will in fact honor the promise she made to Leonardo here and it'll be Splinter who ruins things.

EDIT: OH ****! I noticed another sign of Karai/Natsu other then the hand holding, after Leo tells everyone not to fight, Natsu and Karai exchange looks.
Don't we already have Lindsey as the official confirmed lesbian in the seires though?
Toxin45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 07:24 PM   #60
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
Don't we already have Lindsey as the official confirmed lesbian in the seires though?
No reason not to have more than one (well, two, technically).