The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Can John Bishop carry a TMNT film?
Yes 13 81.25%
No 3 18.75%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-05-2017, 11:35 AM   #21
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Poll

I added a poll now.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 11:51 AM   #22
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

As the first in a series? Probably not, only to establish the film universe.

In a sequel, I can see Bishop as a hidden, secondary, or main villain depending on the story told.
Old 06-05-2017, 05:18 PM   #23
Overlord

Also, I would suggest such a film being very dark.
Old 06-05-2017, 07:29 PM   #24
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Why would he think Japanese martial arts can fight off a more advanced civilization? Sure the turtles have kicked the butts of extraterrestrials hundreds of times before in other series, but that's part of them being underdogs.
Remember the part about him being mutated?Bishop was trying to create an army of mutants to fight potential alien threats in the 4kids series.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 05:44 AM   #25
Overlord

Foot Clan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
Remember the part about him being mutated?Bishop was trying to create an army of mutants to fight potential alien threats in the 4kids series.
Maybe he should try to mutate the entire Foot Clan?
Old 06-06-2017, 08:47 AM   #26
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Maybe he should try to mutate the entire Foot Clan?
1.) The foot clan, outside of Yoshi, would still be in Japan in this scenario.

2.) By the time they show up in NYC in the sequel, Bishop would already be defeated.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 09:58 AM   #27
Overlord

Quote:
1.) The foot clan, outside of Yoshi, would still be in Japan in this scenario.

2.) By the time they show up in NYC in the sequel, Bishop would already be defeated.
Should John Bishop know where Hamato Yoshi is, or track him?
Old 06-06-2017, 10:13 AM   #28
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

I think Bishop absolutely could carry not only A film, but the FIRST film in a well-done TMNT series.

Bishop and the EPF roll into NYC to track down urban legends and mutant sightings, Turtles and Splinter are on the run. April or Casey involved, and hell, you could even work in Baxter Stockman and Mousers as working with the EPF.

End credits scene: Foot Clan watching and observing these strange ninja turtles...

Tell me that wouldn't hook audiences and fill theaters.
Old 06-06-2017, 10:18 AM   #29
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
I think Bishop absolutely could carry not only A film, but the FIRST film in a well-done TMNT series.

Bishop and the EPF roll into NYC to track down urban legends and mutant sightings, Turtles and Splinter are on the run. April or Casey involved, and hell, you could even work in Baxter Stockman and Mousers as working with the EPF.

End credits scene: Foot Clan watching and observing these strange ninja turtles...

Should mousers be said to chase rats just to distract from that they're actually used to chase the turtles?
Old 06-06-2017, 10:56 AM   #30
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Should mousers be said to chase rats just to distract from that they're actually used to chase the turtles?
Stockman/Baxter tells the city that the Mousers are for the rat program; but really, they're tracking mutant DNA.

And given enough time and synonyms, MOUSER could be made to stand for Mutant something something Search something something.
Old 06-06-2017, 11:35 AM   #31
Overlord

Quote:

Great idea! Do you want Krang-Kraang, Utroms or Triceratons in such a story?
Old 06-06-2017, 11:57 AM   #32
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Great idea! Do you want Krang-Kraang, Utroms or Triceratons in such a story?
Save Triceratons for a later movie; save General Krang for a later movie; Utroms in hiding on Earth.
Old 06-06-2017, 12:43 PM   #33
Overlord

Quote:
Save Triceratons for a later movie; save General Krang for a later movie; Utroms in hiding on Earth.
I'ld prefer Triceratons, because we need extraterrestrials actually attacking Earth. With that, John Bishop turns out to be wrong, and that makes him an even worse threat.
Old 06-06-2017, 12:58 PM   #34
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
I'ld prefer Triceratons, because we need extraterrestrials actually attacking Earth. With that, John Bishop turns out to be wrong, and that makes him an even worse threat.
Sure, either way.

My point being, Bishop is both compelling enough and accessible enough to serve as the primary antagonist on a TMNT cinematic first outing. Oroku Saki needs to be a major part of the series, but he doesn't HAVE to be in the first film.
Old 06-06-2017, 01:44 PM   #35
Overlord

Quote:
Sure, either way.

My point being, Bishop is both compelling enough and accessible enough to serve as the primary antagonist on a TMNT cinematic first outing. Oroku Saki needs to be a major part of the series, but he doesn't HAVE to be in the first film.
I'ld say a Shredder-Krang teamup for a sequel.
Old 06-06-2017, 01:50 PM   #36
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
I'ld say a Shredder-Krang teamup for a sequel.
Too much; separate movies... then merge for an "Attack on Technodrome" style sequel.
Old 06-06-2017, 02:14 PM   #37
Overlord

Quote:
Oroku Saki needs to be a major part of the series, but he doesn't HAVE to be in the first film.
I guess we usually see such antagonists early in various media, because of the scale.

*Street thugs like the Purple Dragons attack with punches, kicks, knives, pistols and rifles. The turtles can defeat them esay.

*Shredder strikes harder, and it requires Splinter's training and words of wisdom to beat him up, as well as the turtles cooperating a lot more.

*Krang and Triceratons come from civilizations ahead of Earth, with extremely deadly rayguns and fast spacecraft. It requires anything from Splinter's training to Donatello's knowledge of science and technology to beat them.
Old 08-07-2017, 07:55 AM   #38
eskater
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Yes, yes he could carry a TMNT film as a villain. As the head of the EPF, with several mutants from other versions acting as his minions. Heck, if you want to do an origin movie, the TMNT and splinter could be EPF experiments (Splinter having been a Japanese martial artist mutated into an anthro rat to serve as a fighting weapon against aliens, and the TMNT were exposed to the ooze next.) Splinter escapes from an EPF compound outside of N.Y.C., taking the baby turtles with him, and raises them liek in all other versions). Taking the idea above that April works for Bishop as a scientist, she sides with the turtles when Splinter sends them back to destroy bishop's operation, and together they take the E.P.F. down. Set up for shredder in the sequel. Like somebody mentioned above, it would be more interesting than another Shredder/foot for the first go-around.
This sounds probably the most plausible but I'm still hesitant about it, not because of Bishop but because of the way the movie going audience still perceives the TMNT franchise.
Old 08-07-2017, 08:45 AM   #39
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Krang-led Utroms hiding on Earth from Triceratons - Triceratons come to Earth after finding their hiding place. Bishop trying to find the aliens ala 2003 Shredder and is tracking the mutants that crossed paths with their mutagen in some way or another.

Also, I'd absolutely watch a Bishop-centric TMNT movie. Maybe it would be the gateway to a TMNT cinematic universe in the same league as the Marvel cinematic universe. We'd get an April & Casey movie, an invasion movie, a Turtles vs Foot movie, a "How the Utroms got to Earth Movie" (I will watch it five times in the theater), maybe even a Hamato Yoshi vs Oroku Saki movie!
Old 08-07-2017, 11:00 AM   #40
eskater
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
Krang-led Utroms hiding on Earth from Triceratons - Triceratons come to Earth after finding their hiding place. Bishop trying to find the aliens ala 2003 Shredder and is tracking the mutants that crossed paths with their mutagen in some way or another.

Also, I'd absolutely watch a Bishop-centric TMNT movie. Maybe it would be the gateway to a TMNT cinematic universe in the same league as the Marvel cinematic universe. We'd get an April & Casey movie, an invasion movie, a Turtles vs Foot movie, a "How the Utroms got to Earth Movie" (I will watch it five times in the theater), maybe even a Hamato Yoshi vs Oroku Saki movie!
So you think Bishop could be like the TMNT cinematic universe equivalent of Iron Man? I'd totally watch all of it 5 times in theaters too, just wondering if the general public would be able to buy it enough to make it a movie franchise.