The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 04-01-2024, 09:36 PM   #1
CyberCubed
Overlord

Forgotten older plotlines in IDW

This is basically for stuff even prior to Sophie's run.

1. Maligna (the Archie series alien bug queen), was introduced in the Turtles in Space arc as a major threat saying she uses her hive of bugs to harvest planet after planet. After that mini she was never brought up or mentioned again.

2. The orphans that Michelangelo was protecting from Splinter when he took over the Foot Clan and is a major plot point of the City at War arc. These orphans were sent to Dimension X to prevent Karai from also recruiting them as Foot Clan members, and they were with Harold and Fugitoid, but then they were never mentioned again. Harold and his wife are actually back on Earth now, but the orphans have not been seen prior to Sophie's run. Where are they and what are they doing? Karai probably isn't going to recruit them again so why not bring them to Earth.

3. Metalhead wanted an alliance with Bishop to visit Area 51. This was kinda tossed under the rug and forgotten when Bishop died and Krang took over Metalheads body.

4. The Turtles mystic training, so many issues dedicated to this and it never really had any actual payoff?

5. Mutagen Man and Mondo Gecko completely disappeared after post issue 100. What happened to them?

There are some more but they're still technically around in Sophie's run so I can't say they're forgotten, like if the Triceraton/Utrom stuff will ever be resolved but I guess we'll have to still wait on that.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 01:14 AM   #2
neatoman
Emperor

Ah, I see that IDW continued the tradition of the Mutagen Man being forgotten despite being potentially useful, bravo.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 01:26 AM   #3
TheLabRat
Hench Mutant

After #100, the ninja magic became more like the plot devices. Like In AG arc, the writer want you to believe that Hob is actually the good guy and Magneto. Raph even uses his newly learned ninja magic to lie detection, and it turns out that Hob is telling the truth, because he is indeed the good guy. Haha!

Another worst is they actually took mystical stuff from Leo when they showed that Donnie would be a mad wizard in the future instead of a mad scientist.
TheLabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 03:35 PM   #4
CyberCubed
Overlord

Also another oddity remember when Alopex wore a green bandana to match the Turtles? That was really short-lived wasn't it, I think it only went on a few issues and then Alopex got mad at Raph again and left the whole team in the last few issues lol.

I've been looking over the last number of issues and realizing how many things are just rushed, forgotten or glossed over. Did anyone ever find out the Weasels killed Man Ray? Did people just...not care he's dead? Did Old Hob ever find that out? I don't think he did.

Mona Lisa's issues with her parents was never brought up again, not that anyone cares. April survived an attack from Baxter's slithery lizards or whatever they were, and then she just stayed in the lair and none of the Turtles care about getting revenge on Baxter for April almost being eaten. Baxter's whole story being Mayor kind of fell flat too and I'd rather he had just been arrested at the ending of Armaggeddon game, he's just there now.
Old 04-03-2024, 03:40 AM   #5
TheLabRat
Hench Mutant

Future Raph did talk about Ninjara/Umeko, which mean Raph is done with Alopex. Ninjara will be his new girlfriend. This is main problem with IDW TMNT. Do we really need Nova Poose and Four Winds when this comic already has Neutrinos and The Pantheon?
Old 04-03-2024, 08:01 AM   #6
Bahamut810
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Mona Lisa's issues with her parents was never brought up again, not that anyone cares.
I do. One of the few things in Sophies more socially-inclined run that I was interested in was that. Dont forget when she found out that the TMNT were mutated from animals and she was SO SUPRISED AND INTERESTED she never brought it up again.
Bahamut810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 10:28 AM   #7
CyberCubed
Overlord

Mona Lisa felt like she was originally going to have a bigger role but then Sophie kinda forgot about her as she went on. Mona was one of the first new major characters introduced in the Mutant town arc too after the weasels.

We also have Regenta now touring with Sally and I'm also wondering if that "Sally being mayor of Mutant Town" thing is going to be forgotten about as well. She was supposed to run for mayor and it never happened.
Old 04-04-2024, 11:37 PM   #8
GameCobra
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
We also have Regenta now touring with Sally and I'm also wondering if that "Sally being mayor of Mutant Town" thing is going to be forgotten about as well. She was supposed to run for mayor and it never happened.
Actually, I think that's going to be taken advantage of and it'll be Baxter Stockman Vs. Sally.

I honestly wish they stuck with the idea of Mona Lisa and Donatello hanging out more and developing that between them. It was starting to look so good. I get that she couldn't handle the romantic part, but I'm pretty sure she would've been curious why he's so smart and go from there at least, romantic or not.

Dr. Barlow maybe a mouse now, but I can see him returning. More theatening even.

One last thing on my mind: Mikey did mention rebuilding the Dojo after it caught fire. Will they get Alopex and Jennika back and fix it properly someday? That would be awesome.
GameCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2024, 04:29 AM   #9
TheLabRat
Hench Mutant

Why does Krang need Hamato family DNA? Did he really foresee something, or can the reincarnation system be artificially controlled through science?