The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 06-26-2014, 02:41 AM   #1081
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Here is a review of the snow rig. As you an tell some of the printing is different on the turtles (raph has an angry face, he doesn't have that in the Van set, etc.)

Note that this is the set you need if you want 2014 movie versions of April and Karai. The other figures are either variants or non-exclusive.

I like the printing on Karai. But no leg printing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMTiTrP63hg

More:
2014 movie lair time lapse build: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-glE8E2oYSc

I notice this set comes with a gold-colored Sai (you can see it in the video above at 4:18.) I wonder if it has some special meaning in the film or if it's just a random inclusion?

Anyway guys if you are looking at the movie LEGO sets here is my own recommentation:
If you can only get 1, try to get the Lair. Best minifigs and some cool action features.
If you can get 2, get the lair and van. That way you get all 4 turtles.
The Big Rig Snow Getaway is by far the least desireable set, but if you really like the female characters or minifigs of April and/or Karai, it's a great addition to your collection. Plus it has Angry Raph which I think looks a little better than the Raph in the Van set.

Links to buy all sets are in the first post of this thread!

Last edited by Zulithe; 06-26-2014 at 02:48 AM.
Zulithe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 10:29 PM   #1082
jetfire prime
Random Punk

Found the movie sets at Toys R Us today. I bought the Lair set and my fiance got me the Van set as a late bday present. Only built the Van so far but I really like it (and it comes with Raph). Deciding on whether I want to build the Lair tonight as well or wait until tomorrow.
jetfire prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 10:53 PM   #1083
snake
Disgusting

So Lego now has a Nick Karai and a Movie Karai.

Your move Playmates.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 12:43 AM   #1084
darthwahl56
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
So Lego now has a Nick Karai and a Movie Karai.

Your move Playmates.
They will get the first jump on mutant Karai

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetfire prime View Post
Found the movie sets at Toys R Us today. I bought the Lair set and my fiance got me the Van set as a late bday present. Only built the Van so far but I really like it (and it comes with Raph). Deciding on whether I want to build the Lair tonight as well or wait until tomorrow.
Nope, just send them both to me.

"Party Wagon on the Move!"
darthwahl56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 12:49 AM   #1085
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthwahl56 View Post
They will get the first jump on mutant Karai
T__T why'd you have to remind us...

I hope her mutation is tolerable... I hate thinking about it though.
Old 06-29-2014, 06:43 PM   #1086
groogrux0609
Thug

does anyone know the details of the build-a-turtle promotion? this could be great if i could build a mikey like the one in the t racket set since my dog chewed that one up
groogrux0609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 02:38 AM   #1087
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

The Shredder promo is now LIVE on http://shop.lego.com and your local LEGO store.

The movie sets are not yet available but I think they start going on sale July 7th (next Monday.)

Quote:
Free Flashback Shredder polybag (5002127) (1st - 20th): North America only; available at LEGO stores or via S@H with a purchase of $75 or more.
And as a Bonus here is the LEGO calendar for August

Old 07-01-2014, 09:58 AM   #1088
Orochi
Foot Soldier

Do you think the Nick sets will be taking a backseat to the movie stuff? I LOVE the movie stuff and even preordered the snow rig set, but I'm absolutely needing some of TMNT's better characters in lego form, they still haven't made Tiger Claw yet, strangely. Given he's become the next huge favourite of the show, it's rather odd and we haven't really seen anything of newer sets. Hopefully they'll show stuff at SDCC, we can hope.
Orochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 11:05 AM   #1089
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Normally LEGO will do 1 small wave for movie licenses and that is all.

If they make more TMNT it will probably be more Nick sets.
Old 07-01-2014, 11:20 PM   #1090
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

New review:

97116 - Big Rig Snow Getaway

Old 07-02-2014, 04:18 AM   #1091
Orochi
Foot Soldier

Glad to see I preordered the right set for me, getting my two favourite turtles and Karai seals the deal. I'll probably sell off April and one of the foot soldiers as the Nick April is perfect already and I'm not exactly sold on Megan Fox. Worst comes to worst if I keep her she can go with my Kreo Optimus Prime.
Old 07-02-2014, 04:57 AM   #1092
fridaynightdestination
Banned

Anyone else feel as though the LEGO sets are kinda spoiling the movie? I mean, it's obvious the turtles are gonna get away and escape, but the Lego set just flat out says it.
fridaynightdestination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 07:13 AM   #1093
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Just because it happens in a LEGO set does not mean it happens in the movie.

There was an Iron Man 3 LEGO set where Iron Man was fighting the Mandarin while he was in a kind of battle machine.

Did this happen? I don't think so!

While some sets are a little more close to the actual story, others are not. I would not try to examine them too closely.
Old 07-04-2014, 08:02 AM   #1094
tmntman
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orochi View Post
Do you think the Nick sets will be taking a backseat to the movie stuff? I LOVE the movie stuff and even preordered the snow rig set, but I'm absolutely needing some of TMNT's better characters in lego form, they still haven't made Tiger Claw yet, strangely. Given he's become the next huge favourite of the show, it's rather odd and we haven't really seen anything of newer sets. Hopefully they'll show stuff at SDCC, we can hope.
That will depend on the success of the movie. But it's something we won't see until next year. There are no other TMNT Lego sets planned for release this year. And if they follow the same pattern as last year, we won't see more announcements until next year. So it's fairly unlikely that the TMNT movie will prove so popular that it surpasses the Nick cartoon.

Check out my site at http://www.tmnttoys.com/
or follow me on Twitter, @TMNTtoys
tmntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 06:35 PM   #1095
cloud
Stone Warrior

Basically I think LEGO has a general idea of what sets are essential to the movie and high lights of the action scenes. I don't think LEGO gets the entire script. The recent Marvel movies don't really have a lot of set that ties in to the movie that much. X-men , Captain America2 basically had comic inspired sets.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 11:04 PM   #1096
Orochi
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
Basically I think LEGO has a general idea of what sets are essential to the movie and high lights of the action scenes. I don't think LEGO gets the entire script. The recent Marvel movies don't really have a lot of set that ties in to the movie that much. X-men , Captain America2 basically had comic inspired sets.
Lego don't have the rights to X-men, meaning they made a comic set to cash in on DoFP which'll have the kids wanting to buy the set, yet not having it associated with the movie at all, meaning a Sentinel robot, the Blackbird Jet and minifigures of characters who appeared in the film as main characters in their comic costumes. Captain America was surprising as I don't remember them making a Winter Soldier minifig and had to buy a fake one off of eBay. I can imagine with the new Fantastic Four they'll make a Fantasticar based on the classic comic look.
Old 07-05-2014, 03:23 PM   #1097
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
Just because it happens in a LEGO set does not mean it happens in the movie.

There was an Iron Man 3 LEGO set where Iron Man was fighting the Mandarin while he was in a kind of battle machine.

http://www.1000steine.com/brickset/images/76008-1.jpg

Did this happen? I don't think so!

While some sets are a little more close to the actual story, others are not. I would not try to examine them too closely.
Ah yes, the majestic flaming golf cart set.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 03:16 AM   #1098
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

New LEGO bootlegs, good to buy if you want the convention exclusive figures which are outrageously expensive. These replicas will be "close enough" for a tiny fraction of the price.

Or if you want the new recolor of Shredder from the Shredder's Lair set without needing to buy that set to get it.

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...postcount=1496
Old 07-08-2014, 12:45 PM   #1099
jestergoblin
Mad Scientist

That's an instant buy for me!

Might try to track down some more of the suited figures for custom Kraang humans.
jestergoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 07:32 PM   #1100
groogrux0609
Thug

I'm looking for details on the build a turtle promo, anyone?
groogrux0609 is offline   Reply With Quote